2007-08-22 03:16:11

Hi, go to:
http://www.blindwebaccess.com
and sign the yahoo accessibility for the captcha. Because we all know Yahoo has no audio captcha, so go there, and then... Maybe... Perhaps...
I signed it, everyone here should, even the admins, everyone, everywhere...

2007-08-22 03:35:07

I do think they should get there act together, couldn't we get the NFB involved. With them, Yahoo might even get scared! I will also put a link on my rsgames site to encourage visitors!

From,
Ryan Smith
Head of RS Games
RS Games Website

2007-08-22 13:19:57

I signed it out of principle.

Found it pretty funny though that a petition for Yahoo accessibility is side by side with google ads lol.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-08-23 00:06:11

What's a captcha?

2007-08-23 05:33:18

A picture with letters altered to prevent spam bots. Non-Sighted have a problem, a picture! Yahoo needs to include audio!

From,
Ryan Smith
Head of RS Games
RS Games Website

2007-08-23 13:14:35 (edited by cx2 2007-08-23 13:16:06)

An alternative term you may have heard of is visual verification.

It says something like "type the letters you see in the image above here", and since the letters are in a picture an automated system can't get at them. I gather some even go so far as to make the image mildly messy so that OCR won't work, but once that caught out my fully sighted sister since she had trouble working out whether one letter was one or the other.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-08-23 20:19:19

Actually, some audio captchas are like that cx2, where its like J3F1Se2 and there's all this blehbleh mixed in with the actual letters. in an image, the letters are not like afrsaed they look somewhat different so some letter might look like another etc I believe hats how it works. I might be wrong though.

2007-08-23 22:13:29

Hello, as a security freak, I listen to a podcast called Security Now by security expert Steve Gibson and Leo Laporte. In one episode he talks about captchas and the visually impaired. http://grc.com is his site. (Gibson Research Corporation)

From,
Ryan Smith
Head of RS Games
RS Games Website