2015-02-19 20:16:32

I'm just curious, I may develop a mobile game RPG but I'm not sure yet, and it would be hella rad if I could make it accessible.

you like those kinds of gays because they're gays made for straights

2015-02-20 00:43:16

@Daigonite, here's what I would recommend:

• Easy to perform touch gestures

• Easily navigable menus

• Very fun gameplay. (I didn't have to add this one, did I?)

• Easy-to-use user interface

Those are the four things that are indispensable for any mobile audio game. (an RPG might differ, but most of the same things are needed anyways.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2015-02-20 01:25:46

Basically, the same things apply as they would for an audio game.
It depends what mobile platform you're aiming for. I only developed audio games for Android thus far, and people always, always, always have issues turning off Talkback, which is essential if you want to have any kind of touch interaction and not use standard UI elements that Android gives you. However, it's well worth it. I keep putting tutorials everywhere on how to do it, so I'm hoping people noticed by now. tongue
But other than that, it does not differ much. I put the same kind of work into my mobile games that I do for my PC games. Especially with the powerful devices nowadays, it shouldn't be much of a problem.
I have thousands of ways to implement menues and dialogs/scrolling text thought up in my head, so if that's what you're looking for, I can ellaborate more on that. tongue

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.