2015-02-04 18:20:01 (edited by Ruhan 2015-02-14 06:20:49)

---- Introduction ----

Hello.
First of all, Sacred citadel is a side scrolling action brawler video game. You can play him on xbox 360, ps3 or windows. I play him on windows
I wanna write some tips for this game, because i liked him very much.
I'll not talk about his story here. I have some difficulties with this game, because it isn't accessible withe screen readers like Skullgirls.
For that reason, I wanna let this tips that can help other players.

- First Tip: The menus
Main menu
Local Game
Online Game
Leaderboards
Achievements
Help and options
Download contests
Exit game

Local Game Menu
Warrior - ranger - mage - Shaman
(Select your character)
Note: The cursor is on Warrior. Use left or right to change the character

Online Game Menu
Quick match
Select game
Create public game
Create private game

Help and options menu
How to turn down the music volume: Go to this menu, press down two times and enter. Then press down three times. Now, you is on music volume option, press left to decrease the volume and right to increase.
Note: I do not know this menu very well.

- Second tip: Controls
Function: Xbox 360/ps3/pc

In menu
Navigate: arrows/arrows/arrows
Enter: A/X/Enter
Back: B/Circle/Esc

In game
Move: left stick/left stick/w, a, s, d
Primary attack: X/Square/left arrow
Secondary attack: Y/triangle/up arrow
Jump: A/X/space
Double jump: Jump (2x)
Power: B/Circle/right arrow
Health potion: Up (d-pad)/up (d-pad)/number 1
Rage potion: Left (d-pad)/left (d-pad)/number 2
Energy potion: Down (d-pad)/Down (d-pad)/ number 3
Dodge: Right stick/right stick/left shift
Dash: RT/R2/Right shift
Alternative attack: RB/R1/E
Interact with a npc: A/X/Space
Pause: Start/start/esc
Hero sheet: Select/select/C

In hero sheet
Level up: X/square/right shift
Change weapon: A/X/left shift

- Third tip: The characters
You can play with four characters: Warrior, ranger, mage and shaman.

- Fourth tip: The cities
The city is a place to you get equipments, crystals and so on. The city is like a little phase, but without enemies and with npcs.
When you walk close of a npc, you'll hear he or she speak something. Press A on xbox 360 controller to see what he or she have.
To change your weapon, find the npc that speaks "change your equipment" and press the button to see what he or she have. You'll see a list.
There are very weapons here. Use up arrow and down arrow to navigate. You too can navigate using left arrow and right arrow, but i don't know that screen very well.
If you press up arrow, you'll find the low level weapons. To find the high level weapons, you'll need press the up arrow sometimes.
If you press down arrow, you'll find the high level weapons. I recommend that you use this way.
Press a on xbox 360 controller to change your weapon. I play with the mage and she use two weapons.
I think that you need press LB or RB on xbox 360 controller to change your hand. Then, you'll can change the other weapon. When you change your hand in that screen, you'll hear a sound.

I away access the city of act 1-1 to buy potions.
Explore the city until find a npc that speaks: "Change your equipment". I use him like a reference point. You need to be in the right place, that is the place of npc's speak, then:
Go to the right 16 times, then press up. Press the button of the primary attack to buy the health potion.
Go to the right 19 times, then press up. Press the button of the primary attack to buy the rage potion.
Go to the right 22 times, then press up. Press the button of the primary attack to buy the mana potion.

- Fifth tip: Levels and skills
Your character start in level 1 and can evolve until level 40. You evolve gaining experience.
When you level up, you gain two points to improve your skills. Your skills are:
Attack
Defense
Dexterity
Power
To improve your skills, you need access the skill's menu. To access this menu, press select on xbox controller and then press X.
Use up and down to change the skill and left or right to decrease or increase one point.
Note: When you access that screen, the cursor is on attack's skill.

- Sixth tip: Get weapons during the phase
There are weapons on the ground of some phases. I don't know where they are, but you can try press the button of the primmary attack to find them. You need to be in the right place.
When you change your weapon, you'll hear a different sound. Some enemies too drop weapons when you defeat them.

- Seventh tip: Mini bosses and bosses.
Mini bosses and bosses are hardest enemies, that you usually find at the end of a phase. They have more hp and are stronger than normal enemies.
You'll find the mini bosses at the end of normal phases and the bosses at the end of the acts.
I had difficulty to defeat the mini boss of the phase 2 in the act 1. I defeat him on level 12 with the mage.
Try get very health potions to confront him.

- Question: How to defeat Mama Grimmock?
Currently, I'm at phase 5 of the act 2. The boss of this phase is the Mama Grimmock, that have very hp and is stronger. She too have magic attacks that are difficult to avoid.

Sorry for my english. Not is my first language.
If you don't understand something in the text, ask here and I'll try to help.
cool

2015-02-07 11:06:22

Hi.
Awesome tips. Well, I played the game long time ago, but couldn't beat the last boss in the game so I gave up after having asked for help here on the forum multiple times. However, I don't know much about how to level up, change weapons, buy stuff or much about the menus. It would be awesome if you would work on a guide which explains everything from menus to buying things etc.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-02-07 11:43:36

hi ruhan, thanks for the tips to playing the game, deffenatly will try it.
anyway can you give the tips to jump over that shield thing in 1.2? I managed once but no luck to do that again.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2015-02-07 17:47:00

SLJ, i can try this. Currently, i don't know how to buy weapons or items in the npcs of the city.
Hanif, with the xbox controller, try to jump forward, then press the right stick forward too and still in the air, jump forward.
If you use the keyboard, try to jump forward, then press the left shift and still in the air, jump forward.

2015-02-07 19:20:32

ok thanks ruhan.
I'll try to do your tips.
anyway, how to get to the city act, like the city in act 1.1?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2015-02-07 21:42:46

With the Xbox 360 controller, just press Y in act 1-1 instead press A.
With the ps3 controller, just press triangle in act 1-1 instead press X.
I do not remember how to do this in keyboard, but I'll discover to improve the tips.

2015-02-09 13:53:28

well, I'm sure I've missed some of the very basics in the game then I played it long time ago. I haven't visited any cities that I know of, and I don't know what to do there. More generel explanation on what you can do other than run around in the main levels and killing enemies would be very welcome.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2015-02-11 11:35:36

hi, I press the E key or the up arrow key after I complete the first act, but it seams it didn't work for me.
how do I enter the city? and is it possible for us to buy weapons?

2015-02-11 17:44:33

SLJ, i'll improve the tips, but I need sighted assistance to do this. It may take a while.
Hanif, try press the left shift to enter the city.

2015-02-13 08:53:56

Ok ruhan. I'll try it once i'am at home. Do i need to enter the city once I complete the fase or can i do it before playing the fase of an act?

2015-02-13 13:16:10

hi, wath is this game about? is a sidescroller or a japanese game? where to get it?

Cloud Gaming makes me part of this new generation.

2015-02-13 15:37:37

sacred citadel is a side-scrolling beat-em-up with RPG elements such as levelling up your characters skill, many equipment to choose, weapons etc.
it's a mainstream game, so you need to buy it from steam, PlayStation network or Xbox live arcade.
and an update, I finally can get to the city.
but where is the guy that says change your equipment? I only hear someone throwing a sword or something like that.

2015-02-13 17:40:08

and this game is acsessible?

Cloud Gaming makes me part of this new generation.

2015-02-13 23:48:14

Yes, this game is accessible, but you need to learn the menus if you want to level up your characters and more.
But for the gameplay itself is pretty doable but strategies is required to defeat the bosses.

2015-02-14 00:13:43

Hi.
Is there maybe a guide available for the game? I am quite interested in this game and want to try it out.
Greetings moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2015-02-14 02:33:51

Hanif, i think that you need complete the phase to access the city.

2015-02-14 03:22:06

Yesterday i play the game and was finally accessed the city. How to buy equipment? I press the space key, and what to do next?

2015-02-14 06:37:40

Hanif, I updated the tips.
@Dark, is general games discussion the best category for this post? I improved the tips and I think that it became a game guide.

2015-02-14 10:51:05

Awesome update for the tips ruhan. Will try it out soon.

2015-02-14 19:13:24

Hi.
Wow! Thanks lots for all those tips. Wow so many things I have missed in the game.
I think that I'm at the last boss with my warrior character. The music is so loud so I can't hear much. Sounds like I've done pretty well without knowing how to change weapons and enter the city. smile
I'll look into this game later on.
Again, thank you very much for all the tips.
If you want, you can make an article in the articles room with the tips, to make it easier to find.

Best regards SLJ.

2015-02-15 00:11:22

SLJ, turn down the music helped me a lot.
Between the warrior and the mage, I think that play with the warrior is better. But I play with the mage because I like of magic attacks.
I'll think in make a new post for Articles room,

2015-10-02 16:25:22

hi all
please help
how I can take weapons?
thanks

2017-09-09 20:14:38

hi i try to use sacred citadel with nvda an windows 10 ocr it works but how can i find the npcs in town? and how can i talk with them?

2017-09-09 20:43:12

this work with xbox one?

2017-09-09 21:43:35

i dont know