2015-02-01 19:06:40

Does anyone know any good resources for getting started learning pb? I could use  the reffrance, but as far as I know there isn't an actual tutorial like in bgt, which was one of the things I liked about it's help system explaining everything.

2015-02-01 20:29:10

@audiogames.net fan, I'd recommend you start simple. First, look at code examples like this one for hello world:
OpenConsole ()
PrintN ("Hello, world!")
CloseConsole()
Unlike BGT, there is no main function that is needed.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2015-02-01 20:39:48

I already listened to steven's example in ep 19 of his podcast and have done it, I was thinking of making a basic console where you can actually type commands next, once I stop listening to the pg13 letsplays, which might take a while...

2015-02-01 23:56:51

You could do that. As long as you dedicate yourself to it, you can do it.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2015-02-02 04:55:13

That was one of my first exampples. I don't have the source anymore, but I might be able to remember how I did it. I haven't mest with console in a long time though.

Check out the new reality software site. http://realitysoftware.noip.us

2015-02-02 17:35:28

Hi,
Where is this EP 19 podcast?
Also, what's the PG13 LPs?

2015-02-02 18:33:38

The podcast is over at www.stevend.net/my-podcast and pg13 lps are a collection of really funny recordings/streams of games that ghorthalon along with pitermach do.