2007-08-08 22:43:22

Allright guys...a quick message about spam. Because this is a blind-accessible forum, we do not use captcha's. Captcha's are visual scrambled images that prevent automated systems from joining a forum. Not using captcha's makes it more difficult to fight spam, because they are not accessible for "spam-systems", for the same reason they are not accessible for the blind. At the moment, there is a small increase in spam, but we're not doing bad at all. Especially the guest forum (actually, guests can only post replies) sometimes suffers from people trying to sell things for online games, but it is not out of control. Yes, it is irritating, but the internet is full of spam and we remove it within hours or days.

What to do? When someone posts spam, please report the message to the admin, using the report link in the post. Some of you already do this, thank you very much for that. This is what keeps this forum clean, and does not time too much time moderating. Please do not reply to the post with messages like: "what is this?" or "I hate spam". If you hear something weird from your screen reader, it it likely to be spam (chinese characters) and if it is in fact spam, we all hate it. Replying to this message only takes more time to moderate, because we remove these messages as well. Leaving them in causes confusion, because the spam message is deleted and all of a sudden, members start talking about weird things. smile

Thanks! We're doing our best!

2007-08-09 12:08:04

but i like taking the mickey out of spam! there should be a topic for stuff like this, and i guess this is it. hehehe.

2007-08-09 14:55:26

it won't do anyone much good but it's funny all the same.

2007-08-13 20:28:03

lol

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-09-10 10:39:24

Some stupid spam bot took 5 minutes of my time. Guest room is now closed.
Funeral is tomorrow.... smile

BTW thanks ryan for reporting those 50 spam-posts! smile

2007-09-10 21:09:20

Lol I usually reply to them saying  like what is this! But ah well, I won't do it anymore. Waste of time.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2007-09-10 23:49:36

Your welcome Senderman! Yup, I reported them, sorry if I reported the same mesesage more than once.

From,
Ryan Smith
Head of RS Games
RS Games Website

2007-09-11 01:26:28

Mike,

I used to do it as well. It was fun replying to it. but pointless too. lol.