2015-01-02 19:28:06

Nope, not me. Weirdly, I also have avast installed.

You will not see the end of this day! PSN el_abrejo Alter Aeon elabrejo Igbo Nabu

2015-01-02 19:30:21

Oh, and I've finally had a chance to play it, and it's a fun little game! the "float" physics are kind of cool. Good job @robjoy!

You will not see the end of this day! PSN el_abrejo Alter Aeon elabrejo Igbo Nabu

2015-01-02 20:10:25

MUGZ wrote:

Hi all. I am looking  forward to playing this game, but when I was extracting the zip folder avast picked up 2 threats. anyone else had this problem?

See post sixty, in which

pitermach wrote:

Well, someone at Alwil software thought it would be a good idea to flag every single pure basic application as a virus and delete it. So, you will need to add AG to your exceptions, or temporarily deactivate avast while you play.

2015-01-02 21:55:32

No I did not have that problem.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2015-01-02 23:35:25

I reached the first boss fight, or I'm assuming it's the first boss, not sure if it's where the game ends or not, it says I need to weaken him first, but I've no idea how this is suppose to happen? Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2015-01-03 00:06:46

hello rob i love your game but on the boss when i go on the left corner and press control and j it works but when i get to the low sound it makes and press control p or l it does not work so do i have to press the control key at that point or what do i do to make that part of it to work thanks like i said i really enjoy your game keep up the nice work

2015-01-03 00:36:50

@sneak: the boss that you've mentioned is your final enemy.
guide to weaken him is at post 126(by me), and at post 100 threeblacknoises posted the guide also.
and in the post 120 and 122, if I'm not wrong, there are playthroughs of the game that can be downloaded or heard directly in your browser.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2015-01-03 00:54:31

i followed those directions but i can't get it to put love or peace in the middle unles i am hearing something wrong the only thing i hear before he gets free is that low sound and when i press the p or l keys it doesn't do anything thanks for your help

2015-01-03 01:20:40

you have to be very quick after you give joy, in the very left side.
run to the middle and you'll hear a bell sound.
when it happens, stop and press control and give him piece.
then go right and give him love.
after that shoot him and you'll get the true ending.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2015-01-03 02:31:35

don't mean to complain about this but i went as fast as i could and when i heard it wasn't a bell just a low tone unles that is the thing you hear but anyway i pressed the control key and i did not hear the sound it makes when you press the control on the left side when you press j for joy i don't understand what i am doing wrong and as far going fast to the middle is there anyway to make her go any faster then she does when you hold down the right arow hope you can help me out thanks

2015-01-03 02:55:41

oh man i finally beat the game thank you for your help that was so awesome it is a good game and i like the ending too wow well put together

2015-01-03 04:51:25

wow, I glad that you've beaten this awsome game.

2015-01-03 12:33:01

@Phil, I'm going to create a proper page for the game in the near future. For now, the link can be used to download it.

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2015-01-03 12:57:14

Hi guys, isn't the final Boss a bit boring? He's too easy! It would be better if that if you weaken him you have to fight him yourself and if he's weakened, he falls down to your hight and you have to fight him yourself? And that alot of times he's using his shield and he's regenerating 2 or 3 times unless his regenerating abilities are dead, then if he dies you hear him dieing yourself cause you killed him yourself. Because the weakening isn't bad, but after it? Aren't you all bored?
Steve

2015-01-03 17:49:37

Hi,
mikerschs2 I'm glad you like the game! wink
Angelgift is meant to be a simple Christmas game, with a character who is not supposed to be a superhero. This is the reason why you can't complete the game alone, i.e. without regenerations. She is young, inexperienced. Her only fuel is curiosity and her motivation, once she realises what's going on. As a contrast, we have a far more experienced demon, who is seen as being able to move mountains if he wanted to.
Lyriel's pain is felt across the world, hence the screams when she gets hit. She is scared, but she is not giving up and fights with what she knows best, her positive emotions. They are not strong, but strong enough to keep the demon in check until she asks for more power (noticed the lightning strikes, have you?)
The game is really not combat oriented, it cannot be with a character like Lyriel. Not yet, anyways smile

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2015-01-07 18:01:36

Hi Robjoy,

I wanted to write and thank you so much for this absolutely beautiful game. I've played many audio games over the years, but none have touched me in as a profound a manner as this one has. Everything about it is heart-warming, from the simple yet elegant plot, to the lovely music, to the awesome cutscenes and fantastic voice acting. Also, the banishing of the destroyer was one of my all-time favorite, most epic sequences ever.

I only managed to play the game last night, but I feel like in a way it made up for the less than stellar Christmas day I had. Great work, and thanks again.

I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance, is futile. Your life, as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service---us.

2015-01-07 20:31:56

Hi Locutus,
This is all that a game developer can wish for when creating a game. Thank you in the name of the entire AG team.
I'm also glad that you noticed and enjoyed the more involving concepts of the game.
Game on!

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2015-01-07 23:46:05

Having trouble beating the deamond. Its a nice game though! It would be nice if you could skip the training, and save your progress. I like the flying consept alot!

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2015-01-08 00:58:08

Hi,
@Phil The Angelgift page is up at http://erion.tdrealms.com/games
@Jeffb See the FAQ section of the Angelgift page for the details why saving was not implemented.

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2015-01-08 01:45:11

This is a very differently desgined game. Didn't see a game like this before. Thank you Rob.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2015-01-08 15:16:33

Hello,
@robjoy: I don't know if I've noticed any lightnint strikes during the boss, I played last night and just banished him again. I'm now wondering if I've been approaching this a little wrong as I think even though this is a short game sometimes you are meant to wait and listen. For the houses and lesser dmons it's kind of about reactions, with the bosss now that I know what to do I wasn't really paying attenion to the soundscape, which now that I realize this, I'm kind of surprised that I didn't, and will have to really listen next time.

2015-01-08 22:07:47

I am not surprised. The boss certainly packs some power!
Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2015-01-10 18:43:35 (edited by paddy 2015-01-10 18:52:26)

Phew! There are a lot of things for me to say.
First of all, and I never used this word for any audiogames yet, this Christmas game is beautiful! The best Christmas audiogame I've ever played! However, I discovered it a little bit too late, in other words, yesterday. But I really enjoy playing it and will definitely play it a lot during the next Christmas season, should there be no better alternatives. tongue
Secondly, I also made a playthrough, without any voiceovers during gameplay. However, there's a short message of mine before the boss fight.
Grab it
right here!

Last, but not least, I was looking through this giant thread, seven pages, and was a bit frustrated after finished half an hour later.
There were the same questions asked by multiple users several times. Especially the question how to defeat the boss has been asked like 7 times and people tried to give them clues multiple times, the full clue on how to defeat the boss was announced at least three times or more. In some cases, it wasn't necessary at all, since the last time the clue was announced was just a few posts earlier.
This makes threads like these grow like nothing else, somehow I can understand those who are not going to flip through all seven pages, but after two pages, which should still be okay, people already start asking already answered questions, because they don't even feel like reading through two pages. I did not read every single word, especially because I got fed up with doing this throughout seven pages, but at least, after just a few minutes, I got the hang of what you were talking about the first two pages and would have had the chance to catch up with you.
The question about the boss should be cleared up now, it was mentioned at least once on the last few pages, even on page 7, I think.
Now we can't do too much about that anymore, but in the future, I'd really recommend you to look a bit deeper into the threads, before just jumping into the discussion without you actually really know what has been discussed already and what not.
And you don't need to double-post, why else do we have the option to edit our existing posts? And just doing it so the thread is at the top again, is not always an excuse. If I would have some news about a topic, it would make sense then to double posts, if the thread has been disappeared somewhere at the bottom of the forum, so people can acknowledge the news you have.

Thanks in advance, and a happy new year to all of you! big_smile

Feel free to check my blog at
http://www.patrickdembinski.org
Aut enim do tibi, ut des, aut do, ut facias, aut facio, ut des, aut facio, ut facias.

2015-01-11 17:21:48

Hi,
@Paddy Thank you very much!

I have released v1.03. The changelog follows:
* The cat got Lyriel's tongue while she was regenerating in heaven. We have talked to the kitty and her tongue is back where it belongs!
* Lyriel continued to flap her wings when floating upwards after changing her mind during a fall. We have explained to her that this is unnecessary effort on her part and now she stops her wing movement. She even likes it better this way!
* The greater demon has reinforced all the demon shields, thus Lyriel is unable to push them upwards anymore.

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2015-01-11 18:08:33 (edited by kruf 2015-01-11 18:12:29)

Hello,
Sorry, but there is a huge bug. when I am in the tutorial, I can only accomplish the first step because there already monsters in this room.
And, what's the X key ?

I usualy speak french, so please excuse all my english mistakes. Thanks!