2014-12-29 23:07:48

that is all well and good. ut what will you actually do to make amends? Hmmmmm

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2014-12-29 23:19:56

whatever I need to do.

2014-12-30 01:14:08

Hi, somethings which might help. Try to be less sensitive to comments. Being a game developer also includes the constant act of learning how to filter out the comments which don't help you at all, to the comments which could be most valuable to your project. Even if someone is pushy about their comments, it means they do truely cair about your project, and don't want to see it crash and burn. Since I am an administrator and can now help with this, but start handing out punishments if players get out of hand, mayby even create a rules command, like the policy system we've got on dmnb. That way players know what is allowed and what isn't. About beta testers? Always remember this. They are their to help you. Dmnb wouldn't have even grown with out them. Something that will help, quite a lot. Find something your super duper intrested in coding, something that you can't stop coding on, and focus on that. That makes your job 30 times easier since you've only got the 1 project to worry about. That's all the advice I can give for now.

Check out the new reality software site. http://realitysoftware.noip.us

Thumbs up

2014-12-30 01:34:33

Mason, here's what I think you should do.

Listen to the community. Take advice as advice, not, flaming or whatever your previous preceptions were.
ignore those who take enjoyment from your pain.
Man up, at least just a tad.
Recover that blasted ultra power topic, and keep posting your games here, because, people like them.

Stick to your word. don't just say that and wake up tomorrow or next week and have forgotten what you said.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2014-12-30 03:21:20

Hi,

Thanks for the advice guys. I will be sure to start doing these things. And I won't, forget.

2014-12-30 10:30:35 (edited by Muhammad Hajjar 2014-12-30 10:33:51)

You're welcome Mason, and thank you for reading our posts, I wish you good luck and success, don't give up, and keep up your work, we want you to think like a great developer, or even like a big games development company, don't bother to empty heads who have only insults and verbal abuse such as Arabic two thousand, and try to provide always best for your audience in a dealing before the product, and about me, I'm playing Ultra Power and it's good, it is true that the map has become smaller, but the game has become more stable in many ways.
Thank you again Mason for listening to us, and good luck in your products.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

Thumbs up

2014-12-30 10:50:51

Thank you for the kind words, Muhammad. I will definitely do so.

2014-12-30 13:37:00

Mason, that's what I wanted to hear from you, man, to listen to the community. I was one of your beta testers, and know you're a well-skilled developper at the point of coding, and I'm still willing to be a tester to help you finding bugs and suggesting ideas. Remembered when that Arabic2000 was in the MTG folder? I think he's a cause of the majority of problems happening there, comments.exe and beta sharing and such. I'm wishing to you a peacefull new year, full of good things for you, your career, health, studies and family.
Best regards!

Thumbs up

2014-12-30 16:12:38

Hi Mason.
That's great to hear. here is my advice:
1: Tell your beta tester team about your plans for the game. Respond to their suggestions, tell them when you wanna release the next version, and work like in a team together with your team instead of giving them surprises regarding to unexpected releases.
2: It would be nice if you wanna tell us who have bought the game what's the plans for the game in the future. Are you going to make more activities? Something to do when there's no other players online.
3: Please tell us about what happened to the admin. Maybe hyre two or three admins who wanna help on building the maps and the game in generel.
The most important thing is to have a great team, which you would get, if you are good at communicating out to people. Create a mailinglist or something simular, a forum maybe and use that for comunication.
Then, you should consider if you wanna keep your private life sepret from the game development. Do you wanna get disturbed by your beta testing team or others who are playing your game while in school, while being together with friends and family or when doing other private stuff accept for development? Do you wanna get private messages on your mail and on Twitter and other social medias? If the answer is no, then you should consider making a private Twitter and a soundworks twitter, just like your soundworks account here on the audiogames forum. Maybe consider creating an private account here on the audiogames forum as well, like your old Masen account, so you can write and comment on topics here like a private person instead of a company.
Just some thoughts and suggestions to consider.
I might get some time to join your beta testing team later in 2015, but I'm currently very busy with other things. New job and such, and of course, playing games. Lol.
Keep up the good work dude. You're awesome!

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2014-12-31 06:36:26

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, SLJ. yeah, I do have a private twitter and a sound_worx twitter as well, and I do use those. And yeah, telling people when I'm gonna release things would be better. All about the interraction.

2014-12-31 12:48:39

Hello everyone.
Do not know whether to laugh developer of this game on our minds or what.
Be on this game and free day driven.
I have a question.
I am the keyboard on my set to the Arabic language.
When I want to create a game account does not accept writing in English.
What is the solution.
Thank you.

Thumbs up

2014-12-31 13:17:39

the game only allows you to create accounts in english characters.

2014-12-31 13:38:27 (edited by Muhammad Hajjar 2014-12-31 13:40:31)

And this is good from you Mason, because some names are anoying if they're not in English, and my screen reader reads them like that: aa single quote e sadeya bb, ETC, just rofl, they were really anoying, but now, creating charactors only in English is a good solution for this.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470

Thumbs up

2014-12-31 13:48:55

Andmy Enter to create a new account does not accept converts language

Thumbs up

2014-12-31 16:10:43

hi all and mason! yeah so you doing grate work! continue doing it keep that work and so.

Thumbs up

2014-12-31 21:40:19

Thanks cruiser. big_smile

2015-01-02 15:01:48

Hello, I want to thanks Mason for his work, that is excellent. Continue in this way! In the last days I can't connect to the server, because tells me connection lost. Someone else experiments this issue?
Thanks

Thumbs up

2015-01-02 19:10:56

I have the same issue too, but, I think Mason will do something.

Kind regards!

Thumbs up

2015-01-03 00:13:57

Yeah, sorry about the server guys, the darn thing keeps having a bug that makes it freeze. Not currently sure on what's causing it but as soon as I am, I'll fix.

2015-01-03 00:22:59

Ok no problem Mason, good luck.

Kind regards!

Thumbs up

2015-01-03 13:21:41

Cool! Now the server is working! And there are also some small changes in the map!

Thumbs up

2015-01-03 14:34:40 (edited by Socheat 2015-01-03 14:35:37)

Thanks for your hard work mason.

2015-01-03 22:15:44

hi all and mason. the server is down again. why?

Thumbs up

2015-01-03 22:26:35

The bug still exists. still not quite sure what's going on. it does it randomly, with out no particular reason.

2015-01-03 22:37:04

Maybe it would be a good idea to implement a single Player Option for offline Play, so the game can be played even without an Internet Connection against the Computer. Or if the Server is down it can be played as well.

Thumbs up