2017-07-09 03:30:59

I'm wondering how that work's because if you die and your skikls are set to shotgun you no longer have those would you just wait then until you found ammo?

2017-07-09 04:25:23

Yes, because you can not change your skill points each time you die, you have to keep that in mind when you set your points.  If you put everything into a single weapon then you risk being in a situation where you do not have that weapon anymore.  If you spread out your points, you'll almost always have a weapon with some skill points, but it won't have nearly as many as if you had put them all into a single one.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2017-07-09 11:24:12

Nikos you can always keep a back up weapen in your locker.
talking of kai day, there's a bug when if your stuff damaged in the kai day map, they will be damaged in your real inv too. had it happened with armor alot and some weapens.

2017-07-09 12:18:15

Ah yes, thanks for catching that Hamada.  I'll try to get that fixed today.
I've disabled the ability to add items to your locker while you are on the Kai day map.  People noticed that they could take the nice stuff they found, put it in their locker, and then export it into the main maps.
Item sharing has been disabled on the Kai day map as well.  Because you're using a temporary inventory on that map (just like in last man standing and a few other mission types) the sharing command is not actually compatible with it.  What was happening was the command was using your true inventory to send items, failing if you didn't really have the item, or sending away your main map item otherwise.  I disabled this to keep people from accidentally giving away their real items when they thought they were only giving away the items they found on the Kai day map.  Haha.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-07-09 15:03:04

How long is the kaiday event on for, just wondering. Also aprone just a thought, but what happened to all the random stories about kai stopping in the kaimart for cake or getting grabbed by the hand of aprone, lol it seems to play the same story now every time.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-07-09 15:08:10

If things go smoothly, I may just keep the Kai Day map going constantly.  Since it is a side map, it doesn't inconvenience anyone who is on the normal maps.

The random stories may not have been copied over from the older Kai Day code.  I'll try to look at that later.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-07-09 15:43:22

Is there a teamtalk server where swamp players normally hang out? People use it but i'm not sure where to find swamp players, could a server adress be posted as well as the port and other info as needed for connecting? Thanks.

2017-07-09 17:03:07

My question is do I reset every time I enter Kai day as ymy high level char or how will that work?  For example, My char is set to use shotgunss but for Kai day I will spread skills out will this effect my normal play or what?  Hope my question makes sense.

2017-07-09 22:18:01

you are way to fixated on your points, i got at least 500 kais and i didn't have to reset any points, i just got a browning and shotgun shells on the map and i was fine. i don't see the big issue with that lol.

also, as far as kai stories for why he is in the kai mart, i'm sure something has to be worked in about his pervyness. He really likes hiding in the women's bathroom, god only knows what he is waiting for in there.

2017-07-09 23:30:29

Maybe I am.  My family aws said I made a federal case out of nothing LOL.

2017-07-10 07:30:11

Rory wrote:

Is there a teamtalk server where swamp players normally hang out? People use it but i'm not sure where to find swamp players, could a server adress be posted as well as the port and other info as needed for connecting? Thanks.

Hi all.
I have now created a Swamp channel on my Teamtalk server. Feel free to share this information, and use it as much as you like. Connect info:
Address: server.coolfortheblind.dk on standard ports.
Go to the channel called "Audiogames, in english" and then to the "Swamp" channel, and press ctrl j to jump to the channel.
Please let me know if you have any issues, or if you have any suggestions on how to make this better.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-07-10 17:24:15

Lol forgive me for sounding ignorant, but what is the standard port? Is it 6789 or 2000?

2017-07-10 19:24:37

The standard ports for Teamtalk is 10333.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-07-10 19:51:41

Thanks slj for that info can anybody give any tips on surviving kaiday? Since loot only seems to spawn in the kaimart, its hard to get much because almost as soon as i go in there i'm swarmed by zombies and since i have no armor i'm almost instantly torn apart.

2017-07-14 05:20:18

Hi Aprone. My hardcore character name's Fai. I not sure it's a bug happen. I've lost all ammos I had. At the last time that I've checked it's nothing else left except the grenades. The other chars are still fine. just this hc char that I lost. Could you please give me back? Thanks.

2017-07-15 17:45:42

Hey aprone, I am attempting to create a wineskin wrapper to play swamp on my mac. Is it possible that you could combine the main 3.5 download with the patch on your site? That would make it easier when i tell the wrapper what folder to run, the idea of the patch is confusing me, as it has to be added later as far as i know,,

2017-07-15 18:13:27

Is there a patch for swamp?

2017-07-15 23:40:16

you can download the full version already patched from the following link:

www.the-badger.co.uk/swamp.zip

hope that helps.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2017-07-19 03:22:27

ok I have a new offering for new players or people reinstalling.
I have made a self installing version of swamp, all patched to the latest version, installer is in multi languages and it runs the checkup file when it's installed so no messing about and getting confused for newbes.

puts an entry in your start menu in all programs and has an option to put an icon on the desktop. also adds an uninstall option in programs and features.

here's the link for anybody that wants to try it:

www.the-badger.co.uk/SwampSetup.exe

2017-07-19 11:04:59

hello, so what are moving keys?

2017-07-19 15:31:10

Farhad, what exactly do you mean by "moving keys"?

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-07-20 00:44:10

if anybody wants I can make a version of the installer that puts swamp as a sub folder in the start menu with options to launch the game, edit the keyconfig.ini, view documents etc.

just wonder if that could make life easier for some people.

2017-07-24 16:11:45

Hello.

Since yesterday night, the server of the Swamp is turned off.
We would like to know what is going on, please.

Thank you

2017-07-24 16:15:21

I'll be working to bring it back online soon, but I haven't been at home to work on the server.  I'm not sure if it was power or internet related, but since it didn't automatically come back online I'm leaning more toward a power outage.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-07-24 17:13:31

Since I am actually away from my house until Wednesday night, I had a family member drive to my house to check on the server.  Sure enough, some sort of power surge or outage knocked it offline.  My hope was to talk him through getting the server back up and running, but it turned out to be a bit more complicated than he would have been able to pull off.  At a certain point in the instructions, it was best to just give up.  If any of you have tried to help parents or grandparents with computer issues over the phone, you probably know what I mean.  big_smile

So in short, I won't be able to get Swamp back online until I drive home on Wednesday night.  Sorry everyone.

- Aprone
Aprone's software