2020-02-04 13:35:32

@Simba
It is not new weapons. I think Aprone was planning to add those weapons to the game but never got around to do it. The sounds for them has been there for all the time i have played the game anyways. Wich is 2 and a half year.

I used to be an aventurer like you. Then I took a knee in the arrow.

2020-02-04 13:47:26

there are a ton of weapons in the sounds folder that have never actually been put in to the game. so no you can't use them in offline mode or campaigns.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2020-02-04 20:07:03

Hi.

Ah, thanks, i thought they were already in the game and some kind of hardcore stuff you could get, but good and sad to know that they were never implemented and also won't be implemented anymore I guess.
I really hope Aprone comes back to this or gives out the source code so someone else could do something with it.

greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-02-06 19:04:21

Hi.

Ok, thanks for your suggestions guys, I downloaded the game and am getting back into things there.

Wish I still had my AA12 and steyer Aug with me, guess I have to somehow tackle sub3 with an mp5 and assault rifle.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-04-25 05:55:20

Hi folks, I was an avid player in Swamp for several years, then lost interest for several more. I'm back now, and have purchased a new gamer account and have downloaded 3.8 and the 3.8d patch. I'm unable to connect to the server. I get stuck after writing in a new character name and tapping enter. 2 or 3 seconds pass, and I get the dreaded "connection interrupted" message. I was able to connect a single time two days ago, and I observed other players online, so it looks like the game is still active. I've agreed to the user agreement, and was able to enter my username. Just getting blocked at the point of entry. This has been going on since Monday of this week. Any ideas?

2020-04-25 07:25:27

the 3.8E patch was released already, that's why you can't conect. Download again the patch

2020-05-07 23:20:36

Please. can I know why I can't download 3.5 version of this game? If I remember it well, it does not work very long time. Well well. I will not buy online play then, because this link have not been repaired yet.

2020-05-08 01:33:44

latest version is 3.8E. that may be the problem.

if you want links I have some.

zip version:
www.the-badger.co.uk/swamp.zip
self installing version:
www.the-badger.co.uk/SwampSetup.exe

2020-05-08 11:37:49

so anything new between 3.8d and e?

2020-05-08 12:10:57

Nope, you need to download full game first, then patch right? so I can't download full game. But nevermind.

2020-05-08 12:38:49

No you don't need to patch it.

"Hello Jerry."
"Hello Newman."

2020-05-17 21:55:59 (edited by john_weed 2020-05-17 22:00:29)

Hi everyone.
Is it just me? Or there's no pay button on the account thing. I've searched but no button still. I'll try logging out and back in.
Edit: OK it was just my sillyness, now it appeared.

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

2020-06-09 23:22:47

I'm on 3.8E and I get error 52, bad file name or number. I logged in just fine last night.
Tried deleting progress.ini, rerunning checkup and even restarting but still same result.

2020-06-09 23:59:25

This same thing just happened to a friend of mine. very freaky. There's no way he can log back on, and he has 5 months on his account, so...
I hope aprone you can suggest something.
Thanks much for any help!
sad

2020-06-10 00:19:38

seems to be happening to everybody. i've no idea why, doesn't make sence. only guess i can make is for some reason it's looking for a file on the server when you launch the game and that's broken. either that or there's been a windows update or something that's messing with it.

2020-06-10 00:46:33

Oh, so its a server thing and just try again later then?

2020-06-10 03:33:10

From Aprone on the Audyssey list:

Sorry to break up anyone's predictions of doom and gloom, but it's just an issue with my web host.  I'm on hold with customer service right now.  Hopefully they'll get it fixed quickly.

You couldn't be me even if you wanted to! - Hellyeah

2020-06-10 03:41:33

Hey all,
It's been years, just stopping by to invite you all to connect to the official Swamp discord server. You'll have a lot easier time getting information there.
http://discord.gg/2JntBPN
Like the post above said, the server issue should be fixed soon. Some of us are still connected but the vast majority are still having issues connecting. I encourage people to try it again if they haven't been on Swamp in a few years. Things have been interesting lately and we're seeing frequent peak amounts of players and maxing the server out every so often.
Take care all!

2020-06-10 06:12:13

AproneToday at 11:10 PM
I'll try to pass this message around, but as you may have noticed, Swamp throws an error when you try to run the game.  I've just spent 3 hours with my web host's tech support, and they're waiting on their engineering team to figure out what's wrong.  Well more specifically they're waiting on them to fix what's wrong, because what's wrong is that the 3rd party company they work with for data tracking has screwed up somewhere and is injecting tracking scripts into ALL messages coming from my server.  Normally it is supposed to happen as people visit actual web pages, but this is going into everything, erroring out the normal chatter Swamp exchanges with it as the game is launched.
Until they fix things on their end, we're stuck.  I could code up a way around this by having the client recognize and cut out the garbage script it's receiving, but that's a pretty time consuming solution to what's hopefully a temporary problem.

2020-06-10 16:44:33

yay, thats nice, not! its so weird, i didn't think that swamp even got anything from there web host when you launch it. When you connect? sure, but when you launch? hmm, strange.

2020-06-10 17:50:19

Hey folks,
Here's a new Swamp patch. Enjoy.
http://www.kaldobsky.com/audiogames/SwampPatch3.zip

2020-06-13 10:39:37

hey fokes when i run swamp i get error bad file name or number dont know why i extracted new zip should i download new coppy ? i ran checkup .exe and that bat file but i get error

2020-06-13 13:41:25

downloadd the patch

2020-06-14 00:09:51

yes, and you have two links ot get it from that are exactly the same, so there you go. Aditionally, you can always just download the swamp patch file that you should download anytime you redownload swamp, just to make sure you have the latest one sense the hole swamp.zip file is only updated for actual noted updates like if we get 3.9 or 3.8f, etc.

2020-06-14 09:18:33

haven't played swamp in years, whats new with the game? still is one of my favorite audio games of all time....last time I was around ctf missions was a thing, and we received points for questing

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos