2018-06-16 21:34:29

Chris are you still having trouble connecting?

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2018-06-17 00:32:05

Try downloading the patch as well. Its on his website. You need version 3.8 to connect.

2018-06-17 00:54:05

I'm still receiving the error. I'm running version 3.8 so I don't understand the issue.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2018-06-17 01:11:13

Hi Aprone,
I can't connect properly either. Also, something else happened. I bought myself a gamer account today, only to find out that the username had already been taken. Resetting it, I only have gone and found that I had an account from last year, and I didn't even remember! I am wondering what to do, because I am wondering if I've accidentally activated two accounts with the same email address?
I also can't connect properly, it's just sitting in the main menu saying about the master server, saying who it's sponsored by, and it jsut stops. I can press w to check my direction weirdly, but if I press v, it says no data on current location, and the main menu music still plays.

2018-06-17 12:39:02

I also had problems with my account saying user not found for a while when creating, but eventually it worked

My main interest is tech.
Follow me on twitter if you would like, my username is @stealthy153

2018-06-17 12:39:38

I guess give it a while, and see if it works after that

2018-06-17 13:39:12

I still can't believe I made a silly mistake like that though. Buying a gamer account when I already had one, I actually had no idea that I'd made one in the firstplace which shows how much I used it haha. I'm just wondering, what has happened now that I've accidentally made that second purchase and clicked the link to activate it, before realizing I had one. I didn't realize until it said the username had been taken, tried entering it into the forgot password field, and vwala, I got access to my previous account which uses the same email address and I've had kicking around for a year! But, has that second account now become useless because I've clicked that activation link, or is there anything I can do with that link? Can Aprone maybe do something with it? Am I aloud to somehow give someone else the chance to register because I don't need it? What do I do?

2018-06-17 15:01:01

Aaron, send me an email (or private message) with your account name and I'll take a look.  Nothing will have been broken or wasted though, so no need to worry about that.

Chris, what is the exact message you're getting from the server when you try to connect?

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-06-17 17:29:30

Hi Aprone,
I've sent you an email. Just wondering what to do about this account when it might not be needed by me because my old account works fine.

2018-06-17 17:37:35

i wonder could the 2 accounts be merged? if there's still time left on both then could the time from both be combined into 1?

2018-06-17 18:20:16

Yes definitely.  I haven't responded to your email yet Aaron, but if you would like I can simply merge the new account into your existing one, adding a year to it.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-06-17 23:45:42 (edited by fatih 2018-06-17 23:46:18)

Hello,
Even though I registered all of the given files manually by followıng the thırd step ın  chapter 5 of the manual, I still get runtime error#52: Bad file name or number. Please help me fix this problem so I can play this game.
Ps: I am using windows 10 64-bit.

2018-06-17 23:58:15 (edited by Chris 2018-06-17 23:59:26)

@2738 Have you tried running the checkup.exe file? that should register all the necessary components.

I finally got access to my account. I had to reset my password because the program doesn't seem to recognize special punctuation. I'm back with my level 11 character that I haven't touch for almost two years. What is the best way to earn experience? I've heard that different weapons give you different amounts of experience and reputation. What weapon gives you the most? Should I stay on map 2? Do the zombies give more experience? I want to try the defender missions again. They sound really awesome especially with the recent experience tweaks.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2018-06-18 00:02:30

Yes, I tried running the checkup tool and running windows64-bit.bat and it still doesn't work.

2018-06-18 07:49:57

@Aprone,

I'll just start off by stating the obvious, but it really can't be said enough: I, and I'm sure many other people from the Swamp community are ever-grateful for all the work you've done, and what you continue to do to help breathe some new life into Swamp - and for fixing those pesky bugs which are extremely resilient (and I can personally confirm the bug where zombies are sometimes not spawning is indeed present once again (it seems more likely to occur if one is alone on a map, if that helps you track it down)).

With all that said, though, I find myself quite often wishing that there could be a new map added, as it's been such a long, long time since the last map was added to the game (and I'm not including the CTF map since that's a mission-specific map, and I'm speaking of the main/sub maps).

It seems to me that when you have added new maps to Swamp in the past, you've wanted something about them to be quite unique to the map in question - something new to make the map different from the others, besides just the different setting.

Assuming that is the case, I agree, new things like that do indeed make the map more interesting and make it a nice change from the other maps. I think a new type of zombie and some new map-specific weapons would also breathe a big dose of new life into the game, and make the new map more interesting for us all to play on.

I of course can understand what a big undertaking it must be for you to put together a new map, complete with all the relevant names for the different areas etc, but I can only say that I myself have found new maps and new weapons to have been the most exciting things to have been implemented back in the day, and would most definitely be the same if such a thing were to happen again. wink

I believe you have/had your own idea for what could be added in terms of new environments for any future maps that you could have implemented, but I have personally had an idea for a map which would be linked to M5 (the one with the mall and the raiders), via the northern map boarder which Bentley Road turns and connects to.

The idea is for it to lead to a main map which is the grounds and interior of Apronic Industries, which, perhaps going off some clues in the map itself and some information in the safe zone story messages, could be the source of the zombie outbreak.

Hehe, well that's the idea that I've had kicking around for a long time, but honestly, if you yourself have your own ideas for what could be added in terms of new maps, I can only say that I would really appreciate such a new addition.

I know you've added some new things such as bots for the previously mentioned CTF mode, which from the little I've experienced of them, does add more fun to that mode, and other, smaller things here and there, but having a new map complete with some new weapons (which you've previously mentioned is a possibility), and perhaps even a new type of enemy would, for want of a better term, make Swamp new again, in a fashion.

I believe you're working on implementing the Behemoth to the online mode which would I imagine include the map which it's currently featured on in the offline mode, and I admit that sounds rather exciting, but, again, I'm meaning non-mission maps.

Anyway, I feel I'm waffling on a bit here, so I shall finish off simply by asking you if you could at least give what I've said above some thought, and whether you decide to maybe work on doing any of it or not, I thank you again, for having made Swamp the fun game it has been for all these years - and indeed, continues to be!

2018-06-18 08:17:28

Hello,
I tried to contact Aprone about the error that I was experiencing but after sending a mail to his email adress which ended with caldobsky.com I got a mail saying my mail cannot be delivered because the domain name doesn’t exist. I will tell you again. I tried the three methods but I still get error #52 bad filename or number. I am using windows 10 64-bit
Thank you

2018-06-18 08:26:51

Maybe try running Swamp in compatibility mode for an earlier version of Windows?

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-06-18 08:29:15

I will try it but I don’t think it’ll work

2018-06-18 09:02:03

Only a thing, in Sub 1 the zombies continues appearing if one player is alone in that map, but if other people enters to it —even if they leave the map quickly— the zombies stop appearing.
That is the case of a particular map; I hope that this info can help.
Thanks for the gift event! It's great! smile I can't wait for the next update.

Cristian.

2018-06-18 09:57:41

CAE_Jones wrote:

Maybe try running Swamp in compatibility mode for an earlier version of Windows?

Hello,
The compatibility mode didn't work as I expected, but thanks for your help anyway.

2018-06-18 11:31:19

at post 2741:

i agree with you about breething new life into swamp regarding a new map.

the source of the outbreak? i wonder if we could take that a little further. if we can get to the source of the outbreak and affect it maybe this could affect zombie numbers on all maps. the longer someone leaves it to go to the new map to try and affect the source of the outbreak the greater the zombie numbers and swarms get on other maps including m1. i think something like that would be cool.

2018-06-18 11:49:57

I just want a map full of behemoths and that's where apronics and running gears load. Of course it should not be easy. But something in realm of possibilities and require team work or something. smile

Often we have no time for our friends, but all the time in the world for our enemies.

2018-06-18 19:11:11

kay guys, so let me just write a way that should definitely get swamp working, you need the following things, swamp and the swamp patch, now after those are downloaded extract them, make sure the swamp folder, is extracted into your main directory, now, get the swamp.exe from the swamp patch, and paste it into the full swamp folder, when it asks to replace, press yes, this method worked for me, I hope this works for you

2018-06-18 20:49:31

If we're adding stuff, I've still got that Motorcycle to lobby for tongue It could be on map 1 to give low-level players a way to cope with not having points in speed, it's attack could be comparable to the sledgehammer in terms of its speed compared to the chainsaw, and it would in no way benefit from Sneak, Elusive, or Bunny Slippers. ... I miss the biker armor tongue
Na, if you give a moose a motorcycle, then he'll clammer for the abandonned cars (which are made of tiles on the map and are not movable objects) to become drivable.
IMO, if anything's getting added, a Behemoth mission is the one that makes the most sense. ... Hey, uh, has anyone tried a CMM on the Future map? hmm

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-06-19 01:00:20

about any new map being added. I  guess justaprone have no time to build a new one.
maybe  he can do a map builder contest? wink
there are a map creator and well, he can say how it need to be? sice, tiles, colours... just giving a little idea here.