2018-04-25 01:15:30 (edited by MikeFont 2018-04-25 01:33:06)

Is the server offline for anyone else? I'm getting the message the kaldopski.com web site does not seem to be responding.
I knew I shouldn't have logged out. lol

2018-04-25 01:25:26

as of 7:19 PM server time the site is not responding.

2018-04-25 01:31:11

Whatever happened to the swamp wicki? Would be great to have that, was it ever even really much of a wicki at all? The link on the audiogames page doesn't lead to anything

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2018-04-25 02:44:41

Yep it's down, just give it time guys. Also yeah the readme definitely needs updating, same with armor stuff. There's a good resource to help with all the items and where they are if anyone wants.
http://blackscreengaming.com/swamp/items/index.php

2018-04-25 03:04:58

I bet it's is the oh so awesome Yahoo.

2018-04-25 03:20:00

Hi, Phoenix here. I am getting an unresponsive server message when I try to log in also. I also want to know if the following are bugs, or if they are intentional.

Gaining Extra Items: When I log off and log back in I get an extra item. This applies to weapons, accessories, armor, and diesel. , I donate the extra items to prevent cheating.
Sledgehammer Bug: When I use the sledgehammer on the zombies, I do not get any reputation.
Incomplete Lists: When I try to donate items, only six items appear at a time in any given type.
Lost Quest: When I am doing a quest and either die or log off, I immediately lose that quest.
Lost Items: If I die in the warehouse missions, I lose everything. This does not happen when I die in the Defender mission.

Thank you!

Phoenix

2018-04-25 03:58:24

first let  me clarify
the items doubling somehow no matter if you find one,  log out and sign back in,  that's huge bug,  he need to fix if possible
second if you die in warehouse you will lose everything,  if you die in defender,  lms,  you won't lose anything
try to do your quest without signing off in the game
that's not bug,  if you log out during quest,  it will gone
you have to sign up for one in  the safe zone
best regards

2018-04-25 04:12:39 (edited by cj89 2018-04-25 04:14:27)

Yeah I kinda wish you could set some sort of log out timer on quests, though I'm not sure how you'd do it. I only say that because when I signed up for a quest the other day, something totally bugged out 3 quarters of my movement so I could literally only step forward. There was no way I could fix it until I'd finished the quest because if I logged out to restart my computer which is exactly what I had to do, the quest would be gone. For reference this was the wood rot quest, not sure if it was specific to that as I haven't had the chance to test it again.

2018-04-25 06:19:45

just wondering... does the billi's keys puzzdle works if I donate it like in old times? I know it doesn't spawn anymore, but I have 3 billi's keys in one of my characters and they don't go to my collection.
Also I'm just curious about the 2 zombies that at the end were not added to the game, tentacle and hulk. what were they suposed to do? where will they spawn If the had added to the game? I know that is not probably that we have them now, but I allways asked myself about that.
And another thing about sounds not added. a long, long time ago, I remember in one version there was a tasser sounds added by misstake, and also in other version there were a motorcycle sounds. why they are not there anymore and the sounds of all the other not added weapons are there?

2018-04-25 12:30:14

Server still down this morning.

2018-04-25 12:38:35

error
Log-in Failed.  The Kaldobsky.com website does not seem to be responding at the moment.  Please wait a moment and try again.  If this problem persists, please bring it to Aprone's attention.

2018-04-25 13:10:22

Hi Aprone: Yes it's acting like what happened when your yahoo server changed it's security settings a couple weeks ago. What ever you did to fix that? You'll have to do that again. sad

2018-04-25 16:10:14

I noticed the server is still down. Does anyone know when it will be back up? Thank you!

Phoenix

2018-04-25 16:37:01

When Aprone fixes it.

2018-04-25 17:53:53

ROFL, best answer. Gave you a thumbs up.
Guys please don't state the obvious and please also read the few previous messages before you send one, that might avoid unnecessary bs like "am I the only one not able to connect".
The website is also down. Hmm let me test something.
Huh interesting, www.kaldobsky.com can be accessed but the same URL but with /audiogames suffixed gives a 404 not found.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2018-04-25 18:18:52

I'm out running errands but will be calling Yahoo to complain + get this fixed as soon as I get home.  I was out of the house most of yesterday so I didn't call, but part of me also expected them to have the site running again by today.  It's always so fun to sit on the phone with tech support, haha!

Over the years I've actually had a tech support guy from each company tell me essentially (and unofficially) the same thing... they don't like people who actually use the service they're paying for, and that interruptions to my service, intentional slow downs of my internet speeds, and so forth are not always going to be accidents.  If a cable company only had the bandwidth and speed to offer 1 customer 100 Mbps, they can actually chop that up and sell 100 Mbps packages to hundreds of people.  It's so rare that anyone actually uses what they purchased that they can make a ton of extra sales by giving you what you paid for only the few times a day/week that you download something huge that requires it.  The rest of the time they use the rest of what you're paying for to fuel someone else.  Web hosting companies do the same thing.  I was told that even my little website was using more bandwidth than 90% of the other sites they run!  No way to know if that guy was being completely honest, but he was trying to let me know from a tech guy's inside perspective, that managers can and do have things done to help their bottom line.  Frankly it's shocking that someone from each company shared this info, because you'd think they could be risking their jobs if someone caught them.  It always reminds me of those 2 guys when crap like this happens and the website, or my internet, goes super slow for days or flat out drops.

Before anyone plugs their favorite web host or ISP, each did take the time to say that every company does the same thing so small businesses.  Ok, Aprone removes his tin foil hat now, ROFL!

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2018-04-25 19:36:37

Lol at the tin hat bit.

and thanks for the update aprone.

2018-04-25 20:32:15

Eek I am now imagining Tin Foil Hat dropping as head armor on July 4.
It's Independence Day, you see.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-04-26 02:31:18

Alright after a Long chat with tech support, I have some answers.  Around the 8th, or whatever, they updated their system and caused all manner of problems with my site.  We already know this because it forced me to recode portions of my site plus roll out patches for Swamp, Castaways, and Castaways 2.

Apparently a few days ago they made another change to get things closer to how the original system worked.  I didn't get a straight answer on this, but I feel like they had enough complaints about their change that they started looking for a way to be closer to what they had originally.  That would be good for some people, but not so good for anyone who already went through the trouble and effort changing everything around to work with their new system.

So I've been digging through posts on their website, reading up on how to get things working again with this new New system.  I guess it's changes to how they handle SSL certificates and junk, so it's being a pain since that's stuff you need to get right rather than slapping it together and hoping it works.

Okay my break is over and I need to get back to working on this.  I'm making headway, but it's going to be a process and may even require another Swamp patch just to get us back running again.  Ugh, this is making my head hurt!

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-04-26 02:33:42

Sorry for the quick double post, but I think I solved things enough that Swamp and the Castaways games will work!  This new way is different, but fortunately not that different.  Logging into the games will work now, but the website itself will take me more time.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-04-26 08:54:03

hi,
thanks a lot aprone. wish you all the best

kind regards and have a nice day,
marro

2018-04-26 09:00:34

Thanks Aprone, and good luck

2018-04-26 13:34:48

Hi all,
I have a very quick question.
I don't know if this has been asked before or not though.
If I max out the sneaking skill, as you know it lowers the volume of my footsteps, if I turn it up again with the H key, will it effect the skill or not?

2018-04-26 14:12:26

Is there a way to see how much xp a mission will give before leading or a way for us to calculate it once we know the basic formula?

2018-04-26 18:39:42

I'd love to know that too.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.