2014-11-18 05:42:56

Is anyone going to vote on the pole any more? I can take it down if you want. We only have 8 out of 500 maximum votes (1.6 percent), and I want to see how many people truly like snow race and how many don't. Currently, 87.50 percent of the community (those who voted yes) like snow race, and 12.50 percent (those who voted no (just one? Who was that?)) don't like it. That's a 75 percent decrease. In all, 75 percent of you like snow race. Are there any more?
Oh, and befroe I conclude this post, are there any more features in snow race out of bounds that we don't already have? We already ahve multiplayer. Is there any more features that you want? (Cross-Platform might not be an option, and universal screen reader support isn't either.)

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2014-11-18 06:04:08

I voted in the pole just now. I voted yes, and how about a Career mode.

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2014-11-18 07:21:16

how about a showoff event like in ssx tricky and the world circuit mode?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2014-11-18 08:39:31

hey! please add more than 1 laps in the laps menu in the race event.

2014-11-18 09:25:00

vlad, you have to get to a higher ranking

2014-11-18 13:28:50

and I have an other question. What is the boardpark mode?

2014-11-18 16:01:52

hi, I've descovered a strange thing with the game.
when I play the trick tutorial mode, why when I pause the game and return to the main menu, why when I choose the continue option after selecting mountain jam in the main menu, why there are no track selection like america, alasca and more tracks?
and also, can you add the snowboard priselist in the shop? because when I open the shop, I get a list of all snowboard that you can buy, however there are no priselist and the rank required to get that snowboard.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2014-11-18 21:35:19

eHi, the story mode and event types like in ssx tricky are going in the next sequel of snow race, snow race out of bounds, which we have already got a heavy start on and implemented quite a lot of new things for. Board park was an intended mode where you had to hit a sirten number of opsticles, but it was never completed thanks to the evil thing known as schoolwork. The thing to know is, ethin was the one who released it, and he's a little new to the clean up thing of go through the code and clean up the bits you don't need in the installer. Pluss, like he said, this is the last release of the first snow race, since do to the limited track structure we used it was getting more and more difficult to implement ground breaking new systems. As for the shop, you can find out how much something is by pressing enter on it. If you don't have enough it should notify you how much you need. Thanks for letting me know about the tutorial bug. I'll try and look for the source of it. And uh, @ethin, just slow down on asking people for votes. The games barely come out and it hasn't even had a chance for news to get posted about it since the version is only 3 days old. Just give it time and I promiss eventualy the pole will grow. And per your answer. Yes, your going to need to get used to releases.

Check out the new reality software site. http://realitysoftware.noip.us

2014-11-18 21:50:48

Intresting. I braught up the trick tutorial and the bug didn't trigger, though I did find one where the music will stop and you need to turn it back on with the options menu if you have it on. Their is a note you should be aware of. A bad download can make the game act really strange, i'm not sure what causes it but some of the bugs sound like it was an improper download since i've tested and can't find them in the stable or testing build.

2014-11-18 23:45:52

Hi all,
Sorry to re-announce this, but our forum can easily be signed up for at http://176.126.243.200/forum
Sign up if you want; There's a lot you can find there! (OK, not a lot now, but still.)

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2014-11-22 20:56:18

could you create a skatebbording, or a motocross game simalar to snowrace?

2014-11-22 21:32:21

Possibly. We'll see if that's possible, and, in fact, it may be possible. We'll see about it.

My Github

2014-11-22 23:06:10

I've actualy been working on one, not like snow race exactly, but its unlikely it will get finished. The prototype is still on my hd, and last I remember I had gotten a start on the trick system.

2014-11-23 07:12:47

I'm not a programer, but i'd love to help out with ideas, and when I get my microphone, voices.

2014-11-23 09:10:00

@Naruto, That'd be great! I'll discuss it with danny since we're very slowly migrating to a new repository system using Mercurial. (No criticism, please?)

My Github

2014-11-23 10:19:32

you've nothing to worry about. I like to record raps. So, i know how time can be. it waits for no one, and yet, there are  times when it seems to move slower than  the human boddy. i wish you two the best of luck.

2014-11-23 12:25:34

So since their are trackpacks for topspeed, have my trackpack for snow race. Just unzip and copy into tracks folder of whereever you installed snow race to. Link is https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/266 … ack%201.7z

2014-11-23 14:22:18

Hey.
If I select a voice from the options menue it works, but if I restart the game it'll go back to the default voice.

Follow me on twitter.
@JAAAAAAY101

2014-11-23 15:13:05

Hmm... I'm sorry to ask this, does it a car raising or something?

2014-11-23 15:16:23

No, its a snowboarding game. The object is to race down the hill on a selected track, and score points by doing tricks.

2014-11-23 21:53:04

is there any way to get more than $100 per race?

2014-11-23 21:59:30

If you throw it up hard and try your best to do more than 6 or so tricks in a jump.

2014-11-24 14:39:33

thanks danny.

2014-12-09 12:33:39

but does  it exists gold metals and silver metals?

2014-12-10 00:09:10

No. I was going to implement that but never did.

My Github