2017-10-07 21:48:53

Even that should be enough to make things playable.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-10-08 01:48:32

The main reason I quit playing is because there didn't seem to be any objective for the MUD. Like, I know it's an open MUD, and I did get into the order of the fists or something like that, but besides that, well, I didn't know what to do after that.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2017-10-08 07:55:14

The objective of it? You make it all by yourself, the existance of your character, the life, the way of yourself.

I'm going to release the next update of my mush pack shortly to cover ambiance bug fix, and as a welcoming to the new server which I heard is going to be launched tomorrow.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-10-08 13:36:01

hi? , how is it going? , do the new server out yet?

2017-10-08 13:57:21

Um, is it down? I can't connect

"Heroes aren’t always the ones who win. They’re the ones who lose, sometimes. But they keep fighting, they keep coming back. They don’t give up. That’s what makes them heroes."

2017-10-08 16:57:43

It's being switched to the other server. Stay tuned guys. It's gonna be back.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-10-08 18:38:29

thanks

"Heroes aren’t always the ones who win. They’re the ones who lose, sometimes. But they keep fighting, they keep coming back. They don’t give up. That’s what makes them heroes."

2017-10-09 08:40:31

it's up guys, and wow, it's a loooooooot more faster, haha, there's a small lag sometimes but hey, maybe that's my connection big_smile go check it out this is gonna be awesome

2017-10-09 11:19:34

I'm about to. can't wait!

2017-10-09 15:38:08

I'll check it out then, yesterday checked periodically and it was down, dunno what took so long to move from one server to another, make a .tar.gz of the directory, use sftp to move it across, untar it, recompile and bam. Guess they ran into some unexpected complicationss

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-10-09 17:49:25

Oh yeah, it's much faster now! You still get your occasional spurt of lag, but nothing like it has been. I'd consider it playable now, where it just wasn't before. I know people were trying to blame the lag on the roundtime and whatnot, but come on, it was just unacceptable for me. I'm looking forward to giving this one a real go now.

2017-10-09 20:03:08

Yes, if you follow their twitter ironcross, Jirado wrote what was going on. Might've also said on their Discord server, but I'm not on their at the moment.

2017-10-09 22:06:55

I don't follow them on twitter atm, and discord, meh, I can't make it work, everything is just button button button button button button button. Yeah, I've tried it briefly and its still an issue, but its at least playable now. The lag's still a bit much, though I'll give it a fair shake now. You do get like 3 to 5 commands in quickly before a little spike hits though, its a fairly big improvement.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-10-09 22:23:01

Attention to those who use my soundpack, I just got a confirmation from Jirato today that it was the other source of a little lag you may encounter. He gave it a try himself, and gave it to the other gms. They all reported the same. It's not a serious lag though. I'm trying to reduce the size, recode the triggers and do something to at least optimize it. The update may be slower than I expect because of this.

2017-10-10 00:44:43 (edited by GrannyCheeseWheel 2017-10-10 03:23:29)

Nah it still lags even without that. I am about to install it though actually and play some. I don't know what would make MUShclient lag, because its a very stable, non laggy client though, so something is definitely going on there code wise that's a no no to make it lag. Even huge packs like MUSHz don't lag the client any.

OK, so after trying this pack, its really well done, phenominal in fact. One little thing that I recommend be changed in the readme, namely because it confused me is that when you want to change the volumes, you do not put an equal sign like it says you do, doing so makes it traceback, its like GV or AV or MV space number. That's what worked for me, anyway.

Other than that, the pack is full of sound, and music which really makes it feel cozy and homey, I like it.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-10-10 04:33:12

Wait, I thought I removed it. It's still there? Bruh! Someone kill Artus a thousand times for that lol.

2017-10-11 02:25:14

Once you put out the update to the pack, I might come back. Also so long as I can turn of music, as I can't stand it in sound packs. That and ambience.

2017-10-11 04:40:43

You can, mannually and permanently.

2017-10-11 18:27:52

Ok. Then I'll just be waiting for the update to your pack.

2017-10-11 20:55:33

So, I want to join a guild that's pretty secretive but not as much as some, and I'm not sure how! I mean it's not supposed to be strait forwarde, I know that, but I've gotten thrown in jail like 50 times doing what I'm sure the guild will require me to do, and I don't know how I'm supposed to roleplay and draw attention without making a total ass of myself. Maybe that's what it'll take, which is fine, I've never really played a hated char before, but I'm wondering if anyone firstly knows what I'm talking about and secondly could give me some pointers? If I'm not supposed to talk about this kind of thing out of game, oh well, I'm talking about it, that's what's happening right now sadly.

2017-10-12 02:09:39

you may want to get to players to learn about your desired guild, first of all. They usually don't reveal, but their secret is not to throw you in jail 50 times, not that. Get to gms if you can, when you see one available

2017-10-12 02:12:59

there's a lot about the game that confuses me lol

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-10-12 03:35:31

Such as what? Maybe some of us older players can help, or mata since she's the one who plays the most.

2017-10-12 05:33:49

@Mata
Yeah, after a while I figured it probably wasn't lol, but I'll admit I got carried away and was having fun commiting small crimes. Not hurting anyone, just other sneaky stuff, you know? smile

2017-10-12 09:38:19

Heh, now I got what you wanted to be.