2015-02-15 22:24:05

Excellent work, Dark. It shows that clok could go further with us, and could be listed on top as well as Alter and the other muds. I personally love clok, and also more than happy to jump in.

I found Dark around Shagerd once, if my memory is still fine. But other than that, I found Dark's corpse once some steps from mistral, aww.:(
But you all could rarely find my corpse if I die, cause no matter how hard I'll be punnished, I choose to depart myself.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2015-02-18 10:03:25

Glad you like the entry. actually I need to get back on Clok and back to improving my archery, it is a fascinating world.

I would like to open up the db to more muds with screen reader access generally, it's one of the things that needs doing.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-02-21 17:51:22

Hi,
Maybe it's just me, but is anyone else noticing a lag when you try to do stuff?
And it seems  to be everywhere I've noticed, moving, chat, etc.
I'm Ravirn on there btw.

2015-02-21 23:03:08 (edited by blindndangerous 2015-02-21 23:03:41)

Ah, I saw you on their either yesterday or the day before.  Yeah, the lag is normal, that's just how the game works.  I have no idea why that is but it's not terrible by any means.  I also never depart unless I have been waiting for a while and not a single person has esp rescued.  If I die, I ring the bell and wait.  Sure it's annoying, but most of the time their will be some one who can come and get you.  Unless you're a rook or banned from a town I really see no reason to depart.

2015-02-23 22:59:19

Hey, I am currently trying this mud, and finding it to be very engaging. My one question at the moment though is, in Hapen, where can one buy a belt?

thanks,
Michael

2015-02-25 10:55:47

Try the outfitters, it's along the south end of Haiban just at the east end of the footbridge. There's also the clothes shop, I think it's called antonio's, in founder's square where you might find one. The outfitters sells utility belts though which can also hold small items such as candles, fire stones, bark shavings to use as tinder, that kind of thing.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2015-02-25 20:56:11

oh, didn't know they sell those kinds of belts in Haiban.

2015-02-26 17:06:54

Ok I've been looking for this for a while, just to see what its all about and stil can't find it. Its the snowpine lodge. I don't mind exploring but I've kind of hit a wall. When I ask over esp I haven't really gotten an answer. Could someone please give me a general direction to where it is? Thanks.

Audio game king

2015-02-26 20:44:52

If I knew myself I would. Sorry.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2015-02-26 20:54:17

I've heard people talk about it, but I have absolutely no idea where it even is. Poking around in character no one knows anything about it?

2015-02-27 01:25:58

The snowpine lodge  is the guild for wilderness roamers. It borrows skills from the guild of thieves and Udemi, mostly. Nothing really unique about this guild. They said they're gonna add more though. There're currently just a few skills now.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2015-03-14 11:10:17

how to connixt buy MUSHclient

2015-03-14 11:33:20

Welcome to the forum man, and for mushclient, you use the same way if you ever connected to the other muds before. Name of the world, address, port, add some plugins and save the world file. that's it.

2015-03-15 03:12:50

Attention!
Good news for those who use mush-z or mushclient ad have a problem getting clokmud soundpack to work, I have a solution for you.

1. hit alt+g, or go to game menu section.
2. go to configure and choose script
3. there, you'll ind that the misplace clokworld.lua fle, hit change and find your clokword.lua file then add it in.
4. Hit OK, then your sound should work correctly.

2015-03-15 05:40:39

I'm thinking about checking out this MUD, but I've never role played.  I usually just keep to myself, explore, craft, quest, etc.
So my question is, how do you all go about it?
Do you create a detailed back story for your character first, or just make things up as you go?
I want to play one of the "wilderness" races - Faewyr or Hillfolk, something like that.
Any roleplay or character creation suggestions if I want to focus mainly on crafting or being a druid?

2015-03-15 06:53:06

Rollplay is something your style, whoever you wanna be, whatever you wanna be. It's not strctly necessary to do like people, but if you want the tips, I have something to suggest. I don't use the same way of course, yet still.

1. If you want yourself to be that part of your chractr, think of your character in the world. What do you wanna see yourself being in that world, and how. Background story isn't that important, but if you want one, think of your happy past and remake somthing that suits tthe word you're in. You won't forget it for sure.

2. If you want someone, or the character you like to walk that earth, simply make a story out of him/her. The personality is something you should take a look. Choose something that's not far from yourself, or whatever you think you can do, or your character can be. In fact, your charcter can b anything, depds on what roll you set him to be.

2015-03-15 13:13:35

@mirage, Clok is very reasonable on the rp front, generally as long as you speak as your character you can get on fine, I had no problems, actually I need to log in again and continue practicing my archery. I think it's because the Clok community is one of the most streight forward I've seen.

There is certainly lots of  space for solo exploration, just make sure you don't say something like "this is a great mud" on an in character channel, and that if you say thank someone for a resurrection you say "thank you" to their character and not "hay  the death mechanic in this mud is annoying!" big_smile.  If you need to o ooc discussion, do it over tells, and otherwise just make sure your character acts reasonably towards other characters in the mud not like your own personal disposable mud voice.

I once for instance got a resurrection from someone,  said thanks in character but then sent a private tell explaining that I had to log off and run and catch a train so didn't have time for in character politeness, and they were fine with that.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-03-16 11:00:15

Thanks everyone.
Ok, I have two characters, one in Haidan, and one in Mistral Lake.
So far, all I seem to be doing is wandering aimlessly.  I can't figure out how to get to the forest to forage for emberberries.  Can I forage anywhere?  I tried typing "go wilderness" but I keep getting the message that I can't go there.
Is there any accessible mapping system?

2015-03-16 11:40:38

this mud can be confusing at first if you're not familiar with the map. I can give you a tip still,and your character in haiban is just an inch near my chapterhouse.

So far, you can forage anywherer in the forest, justtype survey and see what you can forage. if you get the message you can't go out in the wild, that means you're not there. You're not at the entrance to te wild. The exit command is also very important

2015-03-16 11:50:14

To get to the forest from Mistral. Go south east until you reach the docks. enter the docks. Make sure to take the barge that transports people from the city to the other side of the lake. type out to leave the barge, then type enter wild and yu'll be in the wilderness. From Haibin Go to the enterence of the town type enter arch then type enter wild. If I've missed a step or got something wrong please anyone feel free to correct it. I haven't played clok in a few weeks need to get back on.

Audio game king

2015-03-16 12:04:30

The entrance is not that hard to find, just one step south from the pawn shop. Feel free to send Artus a tell if you need further help.

Anyway, I have a little thing to say here. It's completely off-topic but worth a tell. I'm not sure if you all catch my last post on the trying to play epitaph topic, about the bug report thingy. I mean the last post. Don't wanna dig that topic up now cause it'll be messy around the forum page and I had too many posts on that topic already. Sorry for bringing this up here again. I just don't wanna see that mud fall down because of a little bug like that. It's been great so far.

Oh yeah! Talking about bug, has anyone ever encountered the firewood bug in clok before? The bug when you can't add deadwood log to your fire.

2015-03-16 12:12:56

Thanks so much, Mata and Wp85!
I felt stupid asking what I KNOW are obvious questions, but I finally decided it was either ask, or be stuck.

I'll try to go on Epitaph again and report the bug, because it is a good concept for a mud.

2015-03-16 12:25:10

Ho, thank you for your support on epitaph Mirage. I actually shouldn't have put it up here, but I had no choice other than bringing up the old topic, which is, well, kinda messy.

Nice one Mirage, and then you'll love clok like me.:)
I can't believe this mud is still in beta stage. It's been way too far from that.

2015-03-16 13:44:08

Thanks to the help on this forum, I just had some fun with Clok.  I was able to get out to the forest and forage, got attacked by a canim, and made it back to the infirmary for healing.  I can see that this is going to be awesome, once I get my bearings and really get the hang of it.

2015-03-16 15:11:49

What a good start! Keep going man, keep going. Wanna get some archerry training with me? I'm always available whenever I'm online. Your main weapon is whatever you can use better than the rest. Try to focus on something and you'll fine it easier to survive the battle. I still get scrached by the canim, but not so severe like before. T bear delt 800 something damage to me once.:)