2014-09-19 03:50:33

Hi guys. I need to fix two problems with Mush-Z. The first is that recasting Crystal Coat only causes the character to wake up from sleep and do nothing. Whehe is the file that governs actions taken when spells fall? The second question is how the death quotes are facilitated. I found the sounds folder, but wish to add new sounds. I see that the sounds are in numerical order. Does the script have a range value, or does it simply pull a random quote?

2014-09-19 04:16:49

The script has a range value, so even if you add numbered files to the end, it won't play them. The ranges for each folder that has random sounds are in randoms.txt, so you would have to find twhic value was the death quotes and increase it values to the new max. Also, all the code for mushZ is included in alter Aeon.xml, which includes the recasting code. Good luck finding it. Crysstal coat recasting works for me, not sure why it doesn't for you.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2014-09-19 08:52:12

Hello,
I also have a question regarding Mush-Z development, Can we add sounds to certain spells? Say, I want a special sound for heal and crystal shield, so, can I add the sounds? If so, how do I do it? Thanks.

Team rocket's blasting off again!

2014-09-19 10:08:15

You can use control+shift+8 and set up your own additional triggers; you don't need to fiddle with the scripts to add extra sound triggers.

2014-09-19 10:28:24

Hello KingGamer and everyone else,
How to use the CTRL+shift+8 thing? I explored some but I didn't know what to type in those edit fields and such. Also I don't know how to add sounds and such to spells and all that. I found the sounds group and a browse button and that's it. Can anyone help? Any extensive documentations?
Also, about the death quotes, I think its in randoms.txt. Just change the number beside
pkmsg
after adding the sound files to the sounds\combat\pkmsgs folder. I haven't tried yet, so maybe anyone would like to tell me whether its correct? Thank you and if anyone would answer my question, I would really appreciate it!

2014-09-19 11:12:00

Kenzon Yeoh wrote:

Hello,
I also have a question regarding Mush-Z development, Can we add sounds to certain spells? Say, I want a special sound for heal and crystal shield, so, can I add the sounds? If so, how do I do it? Thanks.

Crystal shield and heal already have sounds, so finding them in the worlds/alteraeon/sounds/spells folder and replacing will do the job. If the sounds aren't already there you'll have to manually create triggers, extencive documentation can be found here.
hth
PS:
If you replace files, keep in mind that the next time you update mush-z you will have to replace those sounds again, as the updater will redownload the standard sounds.

2014-09-19 11:57:02 (edited by Kenzon Yeoh 2014-09-19 12:04:48)

Nope Superantoha, crystal shield doesn't have sound, last time I checked. Thanks for the documentation though.
EDIT: I still didn't quite understand the documentation, but whatever, I guess. I'm not good at regular expressions and programming and stuff... LOL.

2014-09-19 12:37:06

Hi.
Crystal shield does have a sound, I just checked.
regarding triggers, you actually don't have to use regular expressions or programming, since you're matching on a string of text that only has one word that changes, so you can just use the * character instead of that word in your trigger's match string.

2014-09-19 13:50:45 (edited by Kenzon Yeoh 2014-09-19 13:55:58)

OK, will try to run the updater now and see. Maybe I'm not notified of an update because I used the updater_beta.exe instead of updater.exe LOL.
EDIT: no, I still doesn't have that sound. And just in case, I didn't mean crystal coat, I meant crystal shield. Don't get them wrong. smile. Mind telling me what version you're using and/or send the installer to me?