2014-07-13 20:35:39

Hi all,

I'm looking for a pack creator on bgt. could anybody help me?

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2014-07-15 14:56:01

Please define how you wish it to work. Do you want it to put all the files in the folder that is in in to a pack? Do you to just from a list of files? Do want it to take a list of files from a text file and put them in to a pack? Do you want to view the files within the pack? Do you want it to incrept the files before putting them in to the pack? What you are asking for seems easy to create. If I am to make you want, I need to know about what you expeck out of it. If all you want to do is give it a list of files via a text file and have it make a pack out of them, then I could have it done pretty quickly.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2014-07-15 15:53:53

i think what she wants is to review the pack files within the pack, then well ask if encreption, if not, just pack as normal. Then, add files, remove files, after puting the pack's name, f course. Then, save pack, and #include "*.dat"
that is how i think the pack should be. Thanks

no matter what you do, alwais, ghosts will be there. Demonic spirits waiting for you. Charlie Charlie are you here? suddenly, charlie appears with a knife. He killed me! charlie charlie are you here? tell me if it's yes. Are you gonna persew me or you're leaving me in peaze? oh my gosh charlie is indeed here! he's about to kill me!
:D

2014-07-15 16:36:52

Do I need to include a file browser or should this program read from something like a text file for the file list? Should this creater dump the list of files in the pack in to a text file or should the user choose from a list within the creater it self?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2014-07-17 17:38:01

i think she wants a browser for the pack files but with out any txt file because ebery pack you make will be txted.

no matter what you do, alwais, ghosts will be there. Demonic spirits waiting for you. Charlie Charlie are you here? suddenly, charlie appears with a knife. He killed me! charlie charlie are you here? tell me if it's yes. Are you gonna persew me or you're leaving me in peaze? oh my gosh charlie is indeed here! he's about to kill me!

2014-07-17 18:53:30 (edited by Jason SW 2014-07-17 19:18:16)

Hello,

Try this:
http://www.blastbay.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1502

I've also got some other useful things up there in the BGT code up for grabs forum, including a high score tracker, auto updater, speech manager, file system browser classes and more.

HTH
Jason

2014-07-17 22:09:35

LOL. here I was getting stuck trying to design an UI that was expected by janagirl and what do you know, a pack creater is already out there. LOL. I guess I was trying to figure out if I could get away with have the user in question just dump the list files in to a text file and having the pack creater put all the listed files into a pack. LOL.

DropBox Referral

2014-07-17 22:22:19

Yeah, that's the only thing my creator is missing, a batch import function. I could probably get something put in in a few hours if people want it.

2014-07-17 22:28:33

Wow, I just looked at the zip and I realized it was missing some files, and some class file paths were incorrect. I've added the missing files and fixed the main file, so everything should work properly now.

2014-07-17 22:58:07

there are some bugs in the pack.

2014-07-17 23:35:28 (edited by Jason SW 2014-07-17 23:38:22)

Yeah, I know. Some files were missing. I added the files and corrected the class paths, and it is working now. I did test it this time. Heh.

You will need at least BGT version 1.3 for it to work, as it uses functions not available in version 1.2.

Jason

2014-07-18 01:28:03

did you uploaded it?
i'm using bgt1.3

2014-07-18 01:51:32 (edited by Jason SW 2014-07-18 01:55:20)

Yes, I put it in Dropbox, so the zip file on the site should be up to date.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1472111/packjob_source.zip

2014-08-21 16:11:27

yes, ido