2007-06-13 08:45:00

Hello everybody
Does anybody know if games for the winfrotztts interpreter exists, wich have sound effects, music,
spoken dialogs ect.? I am interested in interactive fiction games and I want try something out but I want
to play games with sound.
Thanks for answers.
regards Niklas

2007-06-13 09:04:04

Hi Niklas.

the use of sound in frotz games has never really got past the experimental stage. One or two games used a couple of sound effects as a bit of a gimmic, ----- I believe a very late release of the sherloc holmes game from infocom (not the release I have a copy of), had a wind sound effect which played in the background,  but that is incredibly rare and I don't think I've ever come across a z code game that had sound (that's one of the things Glulks was developed for).

but Even in glulks, while I've come across a couple of games with music, I've never found one with actual sound effects, and certainly not with spoken dialogue. apparently the quest system from http://www.axeuk.com/quest/ has the ability to have mp3 files played during the games, but I didn't really explore the system enough to find any.

Hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)