2007-04-24 00:09:03

7 years ago I became interested in audio games (which weren't even called 'audio games' at that time) through a project named "Wow!". One evening Sander and I sat down and in a couple of hours we thought up, programmed and sound-designed our first audio game and named it Ratjeprak. It was very simple but the folks at the Bartimeus Accessibility foundation liked it. That game was the start of the Sneller/Drive project, which resulted in (amongst other things) AudioGames.net, Demor and our work at the Accessibility Foundation.
For many years the source of Ratjeprak was lost but while digging through my backup CDs I found some of it. Tonight I took a bit of time to make an executable of the game and I uploaded it in the Experimental Games Section. Very soon an article will be published on Game-Accessibility.com about the use of the mouse in audio games, complete with working examples. Let this piece of nostalgia be thy introduction to mouse-driven audio games!

2007-04-24 00:10:06

Oops... I forgot to mention that this game is Dutch-spoken ONLY!

2007-04-24 10:08:59

Perhaps... but first: Audio Game Maker + Thesis + other AG.net stuff + ... + ... + .... to much stuff to do... and err... deal with... wink

2007-05-02 17:18:02

http://www.game-accessibility.com/index … AudioGames

The article is online. Discuss. Rip it appart. Give me praise. Or somewhere in the middle. Thank you and have fun. smile

Greetings,

Brian Bors.