2019-04-02 07:25:14

Realistically, how many bp can I expect to get on my first pass through the game on easy mode? I'm up to 21000 or so now. Is it possible to walk around and just kill stuff to get more? I'd like to be able to buy as much as I can from the bonus shop. If I just have to pick and choose, what sort of things would you guys consider to be superimportant besides carrying over sword level and money and status items?

2019-04-02 07:44:46

Hi.
I'm now in the Dragon Shrine, have seen the sign with the dragon puzzle and I'm really liking the game so far.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-04-02 09:58:16

@1626 Go for the moon! Shadow Line is a game meant to be played multiple times, so might as well get everything. I don't even think I carried over my money the first couple times through.

2019-04-02 11:50:07

What does the extra person or different person or choose a person or whatever that is actually do? I decided to piss away some bp on it with a save file I was eventually going to delete anyway. It didn't seem to do much that I could immediately see. Then again it probably did and I'm just a dumbdumb. tongue

2019-04-02 17:38:07

In Japanese, there are different forms of personal pronouns like I that convey how you feel when you say them. For example, when a Male speaker says ore, that version of I means that he fancy himself a badass and wants you to know it. When another Male refers to himself as boku, that is a feminine form of I generally used by pretty boys. The word watashi is the more generic form of I, but there are different forms of that, depending on how you want to use it. Perhaps a native Japanese speaker might consider correcting anything I got wrong, but this is what I was taught some years back by an Australian who spent a few months living in Japan. The point of this explanation is that is what the person or personal thing you refers to.

2019-04-02 22:00:58

All of that Japanese information is correct, at least that's what I learned from Pimsleur. If you're playing the game using translation, it won't have an affect unless you choose to have the game refer to your character as 自分 which means him or her. The translation will come out as if your character is referring to himself or herself in the third person.
Regarding the boss of the game, thanks for all the help I'll try it when I have time, or when I finish researching butterflies for my paper.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2019-04-02 22:45:02

As has already been said, if you're playing the game with translation, then the pronouns won't matter. But here's some Japanese trivia. Not trying to contradict, but here is some more accurate information from a fluent speaker.

Ore is used by men and boys, to refer to themselves. Not exactly prideful though it can be used in that context as well, but is generally common among friends or with casual speech.
Boku is more polite and humble, but is not feminine... this is what young men say to other people, especially people who are older or have higher social status.
Watashi is used in writing, and mixed with other variants but is probably the most neutral.
Jibun is, as was already said, refering to the self, whatever form that may take whether that be first or third person.

Honestly though, trying to equate things in English just doesn't work.. because it's far less clear cut than what I just listed. smile

Discord: clemchowder633

2019-04-02 23:02:04

lol I guess I missed something while looking through the items in the shop. it wasn't clear to me that I was simply buying more pronouns. It said something about choose another person on the team or something similar to that. But like I said it was on a save file that I was going to be deleting anyway so I figured I'd see what it did. I listened to a playthrough where he said the faster you finish the game the more bp you get. Is that true, or just a guess? There's another one where the player had 4000 hp. Is that something I'm going to need at some point or was that just a memory hack?

2019-04-02 23:31:45

BP? I beat the game and didn't see anything about BP or buying pronouns. Also, thanks for correcting my Japanese. I'll check again with Pimsleur and see if that's what they said. I know the language and how to speak it, I just don't like speaking it in public. If only I could get the Full Voice Version of ShadowRine to work, then I could actually have access to those character voices I miss so much. It worked on my old computer, doesn't work on this one for some reason.

2019-04-02 23:54:26

Fair enough, you can check it Kenshira. But personally, I didn't find Pimsleur very accurate... I work in a Japanese company and use my Japanese every day around native speakers. I'd trust what other native speakers tell me more than language learning materials... those have been proven wrong by the people I talk to more than once. lol

2019-04-03 00:16:57

I think you can actually buy early assistance from the unlockable characters. That's up to you. Those other advantages you might consider on a higher difficulty, especially if you go after the bonus dungeon.

2019-04-03 00:25:45

Yes. You can buy the option to start with one of the characters normally not obtained until certain points in the story. I generally just usually buy items to cary over my sword level and items. If I have enough to spare, then I also buy experience and gold multipliers so I get more.

2019-04-03 04:59:20

Is it possible to have Ren or the fencer as partners outside of their parts in the story? Is it possible to ever have either or both as playable characters?

2019-04-03 05:04:57

Outside of the bonus story, no.

2019-04-03 07:56:40

Hi.
I don't want anything spoiled, but I'm glad to hear that the game is ment to play multiple times. I'm already in the lake which, according to the story so far should be the last location. So the game feels quite short.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-04-03 20:27:27

@1640, I'd say you're about 60% through the game.
It is quite short. I'll put it this way: When you know what you're doing, you can run through it under 4 hours with no issues. 3 is pushing it, and 2 hours and 35 minutes is my personal best. The bonus story is even shorter, it took me less than an hour and 20 minutes to beat it when I knew what to do, and that is with the ultimate ending which takes a bit.

2019-04-03 20:37:24

@1640, there's actually two more locations, so you aren't quite there yet...lol. But yes, the game is quite short. Long for an audiogame, however.

2019-04-03 21:37:17

The version I have to play is even shorter, since it's the original version. However, I did get the Full Voice Version to run, so I guess once I beat the original it's back to the Full Voice! Also, does that door to the south of the temple ever open? I got the sword to level 4 before going to Roodolphia and the door still didn't open. Or maybe I have to beat that impossiboss who's name is Roodolph first?

2019-04-03 22:16:41

Does the guy who sells recovery amulets keep appearing in different places or does he eventually just stop showing up? I can't tell if he's not anywhere to be found or if I'm just a ninny and can't find him.

2019-04-03 22:27:33

He will show up forever. He loops between three different places, though. At least, I've never gotten him to disappear.

2019-04-03 22:31:10

The door south of the temple is the bonus dungeon, which I think can only be accessed on hard or higher if you talk to the right person.

2019-04-03 22:39:03

You can actually access it on medium as well. But yes, you have to talk to someone specific in the city to trigger the event which unlocks it.

2019-04-03 22:59:12

Alright. I think I know two of the three places he appears. I thought I knew of three, but I fail. You see him in the forest, then in the village, then the city, right? Maybe I'm just a dumbdumb then because I'm not seeing him now.

2019-04-03 23:31:39

He will go between those three places.

2019-04-04 02:13:52

What are all the things that give bonus points? Is it true that you get more if you go through the game as fast as you can yet collecting everything there is? Do I actually lose out on bonus points by grinding and taking my time? I went through on normal this time and unlocked more of the game and picked up more items and still only got 25000. Does it get docked when you use saves? Does it go down when you die? If it's true that you get more by being both hasty and thorough that's gonna be tough. Those two things are normally mutually exclusive for me.