2018-09-17 20:42:21 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2018-09-17 21:42:36)

Thanks so much! I worked it out and got all the keys! Man, but that one room is a heck of a maze. big_smile

Again, thank you so much. I was working under the assumption that there were only so many exits and I really should have used the field viewer before now. But I've finally unraveled the path I needed to take and I really appreciate the hints you gave! big_smile

2018-09-17 22:51:55

So which one was the elusive exit? tongue

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-09-17 23:43:39

Well, I'll be honest, I didn't realise there was another northern passage starting in the far west corner. That was the one I started from. From there, it was a matter of trial and error, working out which door would let me into the south-western passage so I could get to the door of light, that sort of thing. I can understand it being a pain to explain—that room is like a bowl of tangled noodles! big_smile

Now, another question. I've just been grinding in the Kalesian wilderness, and got the sword up to level 8. I need another 5500 experience to level it to 9. Should I grind for that before going to fight Rudolph or is LV 8 good enough? I won't be able to go back until I beat him, after all...

2018-09-17 23:54:21

My first time through the game I don't believe I was anywhere above 7 at the most... so in theory you should be fine. But, what I can recommend is to make a backup save file you can reload and grind more in if necessary.

2018-09-18 01:58:44

Before you go fight Rudolph, check and see how many atk/def/HP boosts you've gotten. Those help. Level 7-8 is definitely good enough, especially on easy, if you know what you're doing.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-09-18 17:12:50 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2018-09-18 17:45:38)

I know I have stuff like the Emo Topaz and the cup of courage and whatnot, but I was just doing a search of the forum to see if there was anything I might be missing (because I made it all the way to Rudolph's third form and got smashed twice because I was using Rurai to hit it with arrows), and found out that there are people who have much higher hp than I do! I don't know  how they did that, or where they buy stuff from, because the little bubble dude is nowhere to be seen and I don't know where any shops are that might sell stuff. I'm thinking I'll have to go back to my save in Kalesia though, because I only have 70 hp...

I've used the passwords and now I'm going to go looking for stuff I missed. I'm pretty sure I got all the chests, but maybe there are people I haven't seen yet in other places... I think I've done some sidequests but not many...

2018-09-18 17:52:02

There is a merchant in the city, in the same area where the inn is, and he will sell you all the items, for a hefty price. Yu can buy everything you can find in chests from him assuming you have the money.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-09-18 18:02:42

Nope... lol if you have 70 HP, you've found nowhere near all the treasure chests. If memory serves, there are like 16 or 17 staminites alone, which would get you up to about 200 HP.

2018-09-18 18:44:28 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2018-09-18 18:54:41)

... I'm sure I explored all the places pretty thoroughly. What on earth did I miss? It's been a few months, granted, but I remember exploring the lake city and the dragon village and the forest village, as well as the dungeons in those areas, pretty thoroughly as I followed the quest line. I have over 20 hours of playtime on my current game.

I do have the money, about 4200 karen thanks to passwords and lots of grinding before. I've over-written my Rudolphia attempt since I clearly need to go find at least 12 staminas...
Edit, I have only 6 stamina pieces as of right now, two powerful bee pieces (passwords again), one field diamond )from the password), and one emo topaz. I seem to remember lots of karen chests early on, but I opened every one I could reach at various times and tried to go back and find ones I couldn't earlier when I got the ability to—hole-jumping, swimming and so on.

2018-09-19 00:47:15

There definitely is a merchant in the city, and one guy who will sel you one powerful ruby in the dragon village.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-09-19 16:46:07

I'm trying to find the secret caves. I've found some of them, I think, but there are two that have me baffled. There's one to the south-east of the Kalesian wilderness, which has a chest completely surrounded by what sounds like deep water (there's splashy steps near the edge of it but the tiles hiss when you look at them with the field viewer), and I can't get to it because when I land on it, Lilia dies and is thrown back to the entrance. I've managed to land on it twice but haven't been able to open it.

The second is a door somewhere to the east of the cave in the wind forest. It's in a room with a scaffold across a pit, and I can see the door in the north-east corner, and another entrance to the room in the north-west corner, but there's no way I've found to get to either one of these, and I've looked in all the rooms I could access around it. I'm also getting kinda close to level 9 on the sword with all the running around I've been doing. And I got Rurai's special attack thingy. And did the pendant quest.

2018-09-19 17:41:57

The scaffold/Forest of Wind thing is just a matter of tricky jumps/running. I've managed to clean that place out.

Have you gone back into the boss rooms of all the dungeons? If you haven't, that might help.

Have you done the side-quests available? There are, btw, like 4-5 secret caves off the overworld map, I believe.

That chest you're talking about, I'm pretty sure you have to hit enter mid-jump and snag it on the fly, if it's the one I'm thinking of.

And yeah, the jeweler or whoever he is in the main city will sell you stat-ups for like 300 caron per. Definitely you'll need more than 70HP for Rudolph, even if you cheese the hell out of the first three bosses.

2018-09-19 17:59:17

Well, I've been to the boss room in the volcano, and found the thing in there, so I might go back to the other boss rooms and see what turns up. I think I did go to the forest one, though, and didn't see anything, but I might not have. I did the sidequest where you fund the repairs to the village, since I had the money.

The thing is, with the scaffold room, I looked all around and I couldn't see a way to the door. There were walls in the way wherever I looked. There were a lot of holes and I got better at jumping them (incidentally, now we're at level nine, Lilia can jump pits we used to have to dash across via scaffolds), but the door is in a corner I just can't get at because of all the walls. I checked all the places I could have reached for gaps in the walls and found none. sad

I do have 210 hp now, though, thanks to the staminas I did find, or buy. I think I got the ruby already. It might have been my first ruby, actually. (I love JGT with all my heart but Google Translate scrambles things something chronic.)

2018-09-20 02:35:47

There isn't just one power ruby. There are loads of them. I often buy several so I hit like a truck. You'll want it for higher difficulties.

I'll have to play with that scaffold thing. I know there are several ways in and out of that room, and it may necessitate coming in from another direction. And yes, Lilia starts being able to jump some pretty crazy distances eventually. On easy, you aren't punished for making mistakes, but get used to becoming a bit more accurate on higher difficulties.

2018-09-21 12:27:51

I beat the game! It looked dicey for a minute there when I was on Rudolph's final form and there's that attack where you can't move until it's fired off, but I held on and was so dang relieved to hear that cleared-the-room sound. I got the True Ending but it was really bittersweet. I loved the characters talking to you about the extra mode at the end. xD So much Fourth Wall breakage! I love it!

Apparently I only collected 78% of items though, possibly partially because I didn't do Fencer's cave because I couldn't. I should be able to do it on Normal but I'm not sure I wanna do that yet. xD

Incidentally, that cave with the chest in the middle of that weird water valley thing? It had 1. Karen. Just one. All that effort for a single miserable coin! Dx

2018-09-21 14:57:19

Yup, it'll do that. lol 78% sounds like you missed a couple of other side caves as well, maybe even quests. Did you ever get the wheel, whatever it's called? It's easy to miss. And did you ever recover the lost pendant? Some side-quests that some people miss.

If there is some way to stop or avoid that massive attack, I'd love to know it. I hate it, as it brings you to low HP. Good news is, it will never kill you outright on its own. Just get the hell away from Rudolph if it happens, and hope you haven't gobbled up all the healing items.

The writing/depth/storytelling in this game is one of the things that kept me coming back. I would dearly love a true translation one day.

2018-09-21 15:48:16

@imaginatrix, congrats!
The extra dungeon actually doesn't contribute to item count, there's literally nothing in there. But, here are a few ideas.
Obvious spoilers.
Did you win at both pot hit and Treasure 50 in Feruma city?
Did you return to all of the boss rooms after defeating them?
Did you find and open the 3 trapped chests in the temple basement? Yes, those do count for completion. lol
One item you're missing for sure, unless you did get it and just didn't go in, is from the NPC that tells you Fencer's story if you meet her conditions.
That's all I got for now.

2018-09-21 17:57:36

@Jayde: I did the pendant quest, but not the wheel thing. I funded the dragon village since I had the moneys, so that one got done too. I probably did miss some side caves, but I got tired of looking for them and I was having keyboard issues, so in the end I just went "Screw it." I had 10 power rubies and 11 feel diamonds when I went to Rudolphia again though. About half of those were bought.

Believe me, I would buy an English translation, especially if they got English voice acting. I adore the Japanese voices so very very much, but Google Translate does not do them the justice they deserve, scrambling up sentences and reversing intended meanings, among so much else.

@Blind Ninja: I didn't beat Pots Hits, no. I did the treasure one though (I assume you only get something good once, as I did it two other times after I got the stamina and just got 100 karen). I went to all the boss rooms on Kalesia. Should I have checked the Rudolphia ones as well? I thought about doing so but decided I was good and by then I was in the castle and didn't know if I could go back. I opened the chest that exploded and the one that throws you back up to the temple (I actually used that to escape quickly and get a free restore more than once.) But you say there was a third? I'm pretty sure I got everything down there...

I came back to the game after a few months of not playing, so I didn't remember where that person was. I knew she was in the city, but I forget exactly where and I thought because I was on Easy I couldn't do that quest anyway.

2018-09-21 19:28:01

Yeah, if you're on easy you can't even get that last item, I don't think.
There are 3 traps, 2 explosives and one with a monster stealing some cash from you.
Nah, those rematch boss rooms have nothing in them. If you haven't gotten all 50 items before leaving Kareshia, you're not getting 100 percent that playthrough.

2018-09-21 20:25:52

Well then, I really don't know where else to look for the last 20 % or so. Each of the caves I found only had the one thing in it, except for the one that had two chests, but one had only one karen. Just ... If you're going to stick a chest somewhere the character has to be really really careful to not miss, at least make it something super awesome, not a single coin I could have picked up off the battlefield on day 1!

2018-09-21 21:48:22

I believe that chest is what people would refer to as trolling. lol

2018-09-22 00:36:12

Okay, fair point.
slight spoilers ahead.
Is it okay if I ask where all the caves are? I know there's one near the volcano entrance with water around where you go in, one to the east of the lake and a little south (where the pendant is), one near the forest and one in the south-west of the Kalesia wilderness.

2018-09-22 19:12:52

So if I want to get one of the other characters' endings, I have to be mean to the other two? I don't wanna—Lilia's cute, Elena's badass and I have sort of a mini-crush on Rurai...

2018-09-22 19:20:53

No, the game will allow you to choose what ending you want as of a couple versions ago. That's what that last choice box is. It's also impossible to get more than one choice for character endings anyway, because which one you can possibly obtain is based off who you speak to in the last dialogue in the temple.

2018-10-26 16:55:46 (edited by Shadowcat 2018-10-26 16:59:01)

For anyone who isn't actively keeping up with Galabo, version 3.16 is out. Not sure on the changes, but yeah.
Also, see the Planet Saga topic, post 229 for an interesting little tidbit.