2017-07-28 12:30:51

Haha, I didn't found any trick to do this treasure box game. I think I managed to open it once or twice. smile As far as I know the high / low mini game is not giving you extra items but I could be wrong.

I am actually thinking how many side quests the game contains.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-07-28 14:51:34

slight
spoilers

The treasure box game can sort of be tweaked in your favour. Pay to start, open one of the chests. If you get money, you failed and should just try again. If you get a key, leave via the south door, and you'll be told that it's against the rules, but you'll be allowed to keep the key. Pay again, go back in, open a chest. Whatever you get (key or caron) just leave again. The idea here is to get two or three keys (you only need a total of three, but you get to open three chests on the way) and then push your way to the end. Open the chest and get your goodies. If you have one or more spare keys, feel free to try and continue the process.

I just beat Rudolph, an man, do I ever dislike that big attack he does. I do wish there was a way to avoid it (such as being in the air when he's about to do it, with Lilia I mean). Finished with something like 20 of the stamina items, plus like 17 attack and 16 defense. I didn't check my log (scrolled too fast) but I ended up with something like 22320BP when I finished.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2017-07-28 15:29:46

Thank you Jayde! I'll try this trick soon!

Yeah, you can't avoid his special attack and I tried with Lilia too. big_smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-07-28 17:50:07

So it looks to me like I got 94% of the items, which is 47/50, which is lower than I thought. And I was all over the map. Seriously all over the map.

I'd love one of the resident game experts to put together a checklist, because I thought I got everything that run (well, everything you can do on easy, anyway). Wheel of Spacetime, all the little caves and ruins on the main map, all the items you get by going back into dungeon boss rooms, the Potsihitsu 1000-point score, the treasure chest game, plus the various purchasable items in the volcano village and forest village after you do their temple. Only thing I didn't do was buy every single possible charm of recovery, but I'm pretty sure that's not necessary (I bought three of them, only ended up actually using one of them, so that was a waste). But yeah. Pretty sure there aren't three items in the extra dungeon, so I'd just love to know where I went wrong.

2017-07-28 20:01:21

question... did you open up the trap chests in the temple basement? those do count too, for whatever reason tongue

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-07-29 03:05:39

Yup. As I recall, there are four of them. One steals caron, two explode and hurt you very badly, and the fourth is full of sleeping gas and can be opened multiple times. I've actually used that chest to get out of the temple basement a few times. So yeah, don't know what the deal is.

2017-07-30 18:42:08

It's difficult even with a checklist. I've tried on multiple ocasions to put one together and only gotten 99% of items. I even tried following a couple of 100% audio playthroughs and getting the exact items they got, and I still only got 99% somehow. I finally just gave up for a while. I doubt the reward is worth all the trouble anyway.

2017-07-30 20:49:58

it's not really, it's just bragging rights

2017-09-19 03:34:51

what's new in the last update?

2017-09-20 23:13:40 (edited by pulseman45 2017-09-20 23:14:49)

@Jayde: Thank you for your answer. I haven't played this game for a while, so I'll get back to it eventually. At least it seems I have quite a few hours to spend on this game again, and I already spent quite many!

2017-09-23 02:30:56

Hello. Please, I have one problem with this game. When I want to set mi controler, it is not translated yet, but I want to use qtranslator, and it says I can't rekognize the language, sellect it manually. I will do it, but still the same problem. When I play bk 2 or 3, it works. but in this game not. How can I fix it?

2018-02-23 14:50:13

Hi,
Is there an English walkthrough of this game? After I combined with Lilia, I didn't know what to do next. The room with the strong demon guy in it had no exit except the one I came in by, so I went all the way out, all the way back to the temple, and then south through the plains, which went well until I entered an area where the things killed me really fast, so I assume that's not the way I am supposed to go yet. I just don't know how to proceed in the forest beyond the part of the dungeon where Lilia and I merged so we could switch. Also, why can't she jump streams? There are treasure chests surrounded by water I can't get at and I want them...

2018-02-23 15:08:45

haha wow you are going to far , after lilia joins you, go  north and grab a tresure there, I think you will get a key from it,, go back south to the room with the miniboss, keep going south and you will see an exit to the next part of the dungeon. and you can't swim yet, you could do it later on in the game.

2018-02-23 15:15:11

As for why you can't jump over water, that's a design decision I'm not really big on, myself. I mean, I get it. Later on, you'll be able to swim, so being able to jump small watercourses would sort of lower the usefulness of swimming. Still, it is a little bit weird. If you can jump over streams of lava, pits and poisonous water, why not smallish streams of regular water? Even something about Lilia being afraid of water would probably be enough here. And hey, maybe that would be a small point of dialogue later in the game when you have no thoice but to jump over toxic water (party helps her conquer her fear to some extent?). Even then, it might be more trouble than it's worth, and generally I think the game is pretty damn good at this point. The few small issues I have with it are, as I say, small.

2018-02-23 16:51:00

Okay, I managed to work out where I went wrong (should've looked for another exit. xD). But now that I've completed the forest, I have another problem. I was sent to the volcano (after I tried to level my sword to 3 and failed despite having the prerequisite experience), and then I was given a prompt to go to the tutorial for fields with different heights. And I cannot get the hang of it at all. I got to the part where I was told to avoid falling off steps. But I can't go any other way except down the steps, so I kept going round and round in circles, and the field viewer wasn't helpful at all. What am I missing here? I know the sound for the steps but not how to avoid falling off them...

2018-02-23 19:26:07

Instead of steps, try and look at those things like little one-way ledges. You can fall off them, but can't climb back up the same way.
It's been awhile since I've done this tutorial, and I do remember it giving me a little difficulty when I first tried it, so don't get discouraged. Eventually you will figure it out, I think. You may have to scan walls with the field viewer looking for paths to get you around the obstacle. That's generally the way to go.
If you're hearing a crunching/crackling sound as you walk, that means you're right on the edge of a ledge. Try and listen to where that sound is oriented from. If it sounds like it's to your left, that means stepping left will probably dump you off the ledge. It's harmless, thank goodness, but it means you'll have to work your way around again.

So now I'll outline a more complicated example.

Say you're in a big square room. Using the field viewer, you know the door out is way up in the northeast corner. But between you and that door is a ledge (indicated by a very short "ush" sound when you hit it while walking). It appears to be blocking the entire north edge of the square room you're standing in (there's a wall on its left end and a wall on its right).
So you use the field viewer, and lo and behold! you find a little gap in the west wall. Following it west, you find a north-south path. So now you're west of that big square, travelling north. You go quite a ways north and finally find a wall, and now there's a new path to the east.
A few steps after moving east, you hear that crackling/crunching sound from what sounds like the south. Using the field viewer, you see that you've actually managed to get yourself up on top of that ledge...so whatever you do, don't go south. Keep going east. Eventually, you'll get the little high-pitched whistle of wind to tell you that the door is above you.
And there you have it.

I think the tutorial is a bit more complex than that, but that's the thing to remember. Look for gaps in walls, take them up onto ledges, and then don't jump off the ledge by mistake, or you'll just have to go around and do it all over again.

2018-02-23 21:12:46

Or another example that you'll see more than once, are multiple ledge paths that are one-way. You can't circle around them, if you take one of them by accident you've gotta cut through another location and take the long way back. But take the right path and something important's probably at the end.

2018-02-23 22:22:16 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2018-02-24 03:58:23)

Edit: Sorted out my previous issue. I was probably not concentrating hard enough on what was happening. Now I have to work out which way both dragons need to face so I can get into that last room...

2018-02-24 15:35:16

Spoiler warning!
And again, spoiler warning!
All the dragons have to face south.

2018-02-24 22:45:42

I found that answer earlier in the thread and didn't get around to deleting the post. Sorry!

Now my current problem is staying alive. Sometimes things hit me from all sides and it takes a while to kill them all, and by the time I'm done I'm down to 20% health and I have to run hp hearts. But they don't always drop so the longer they go without dropping the more I'm risking my neck. Sometimes I die before I've turned all the dragons. I've made it as far as the boss only once and he took me from 100% to 0 in about fifteen seconds. There are hearts in the save room, but once I've crossed the lava on the scaffold that I have to dash across, I can't go back that way, so I can't get back into the save room. Therefore, whenever I die, all my progress on the dragon puzzle is lost and I have to close the game for a little so as not to get majorly frustrated.

2018-02-24 22:57:05

This is tricky. Here are a few things that may help.

1. If you're saying that you can't get back across the scaffold, that may be something you want to practice...because it's quite possible, as far as I can see. I've done it before.
2. You can buy recovery charms from that weird dude who walks strangely. I can't remember his name. They'll make save points heal you. Maybe make the one in the shrine a healing one?
3. Spam the boss. Seriously. I usually use Elena, get up close to him, and mash the living hell out of the attack button. I also sorta wiggle left and right with the arrows and this seems to make him die even faster because you're shifting ever so slightly as you attack. You might get hit a time or two, and that's it.
4. This is basically as hard as it gets. If you carry stats over when you eventually do beat the game, it will get easier and easier.

2018-02-25 02:04:26

I was able to beat him next time I tried, though I had to use nearly all the gathered hearts in the corners. The thing about the scaffold was that when I went back into the room, it was just a super wide lava river south of the door. I thought I wouldn't be able to dash back across that.
I hope there are more than four dungeons in the game. There seem to be only four areas, five if you count the central plain.

2018-02-25 03:03:10

Oh, there are more than four. And even with a small amount, you will have a lot to do after the volcano. The first two are basically warmup exercises... the next one is where all the interesting stuff happens.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-02-26 00:13:23

Incidentally, the reason it looked like just a lava river is because when you came back through the door, the scaffold is just a tiny bit off center, so you probably scanned directly south and found only lava. If you look left or right, you should find the scaffold.

There are basically five big dungeons, the volcano being the second. There are a whole pile of side-areas and a few mini-dungeons attached to the main story as well. Personally, if we're talking main story here, once you get through the volcano, you're maybe 30% done, and it gets harder. But again, this will be as bad as it gets. Just remember to save your stats over when you beat the game.

2018-02-27 00:04:43

Okay, I've tried to find a solution to this, but I'm really stuck. I'm wandering around the Wind Forest, and I found the door to the cave (I think). It says I need to light the crystals, so I assume I need to find something to light them with. Or the crystals themselves if they're in other places. But no matter which direction I go I run into dead ends and find nothing but monsters out for my blood who can take my hp down pretty dang fast.