2007-03-30 12:30:53 (edited by Drawingnightmare 2007-03-30 12:31:16)

Hello!

We made the audiogame "Underwater"  for a schoolproject. We would really appreciate it if people would test this version and give us tips to make it better!

Download the game at this url: http://www.drawingnightmare.com/games/Underwater.exe

An explanation of the controls and how to play:

"Underwater"

In this audiogame you command a submarine and are exploring the deep sea. With your sonar you navigate, and locate treasures.

Use the mouse to move to the left and right.
Press the right mouse button to move forward.
Press the left mouse button to use your sonar. Now listen carefully!
When you hear a low ping back, it means there is a wall. When you hear a high ping back, it means there's treasure! When you get near a treasure you will hear it tinkle. Find them all and dive deeper in to the sea!

But be warned... There are rumors of sea mines in the sea. Some say you only hear them by a beeping sound... so watch out!

Enjoy smile

2007-03-30 19:02:23

sounds like a treasure manior kind of thing. i will give this one a shot, i enjoy treasure manior and exploration games like this

2007-03-30 22:08:47

Hi guys,

I'll forward your email to a few gaming lists so you can get more feedback.

Greets,

Richard

2007-03-30 22:23:54

You still haven't done it Rich. smile

Anyways, this could be a funny game, although it absolutely must have a rich sound environment, because the idea is a bit basic.

2007-03-30 22:25:56

...errr... done what?

2007-03-30 23:22:46

Hi, erm...but no keyboard support? I have to use the mouse?

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2007-03-31 13:42:31

Mike wrote:

Hi, erm...but no keyboard support? I have to use the mouse?

But have you considered the possibility that using a mouse might make the game more fun, Mike?

wink

2007-03-31 17:39:47

Really? With the mouse you mighr click the X and close the program. :LOL: But I guess it could be fun. I just remember one time when I was little i was playing this mouse game, and how annoying it was that I'd click stuff by accident or move the mouse in the wrong place.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2007-04-02 19:29:01

oh yeah that does get on your nerves. problem is that if i click the mouse i usually move it even though i don't want it to...

2007-04-03 13:28:01

So it would be better if we used keyboard controls instead of the mouse? That can be fixed smile Any other suggestions? Thanks for the feedback!

2007-04-03 15:14:11

I think that the mouse gives the game some sort of "fresh gameplay". Further, I would like to have the game installed on my computer instead of just opening when you start the executable. And then finally, the sonar sound rocks!

2007-04-03 21:38:36

Hi
I think some people like the idea of using a mouse because not many games have this type of control. So maybe you could have a mode for keyboard or mouse or you can either use the keyboard or mouse with out having to switch mode.
Game Man

Game Man

2007-04-08 06:13:31

The idea of using a mouse in an audiogame is interesting. I agree though that the game should be both keyboard and mouse compatible. my only concern though is---what if you axidentally click on an icon you didn't want instead of inside the game? I have icons on my desktop that will shutdown or restart my computer as soon as they are clicked. That could be quite a problem;but other than that it sounds like a good idea, and very original.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2007-04-09 20:11:37

Hi, i downloaded the file and execute it but nothing apears.

2007-04-09 20:30:41

Hi,
I might try this game.

2007-04-10 13:34:54

We could make the controls optional - keyboard or mouse. I think it's a good idea to give the player this choice.
And what about the game itself? Is it too difficult? Are the sounds okay? Any suggestions on how to make it more fun?

On some computers the game doesn't start. Usually it's because you need the latest version of directx. Hope it helps smile

2007-04-10 14:43:48

Hi
I am new here and I've some suggestions for underwater. There could be different types of enemy submarines
that shoot at you. You could pick up different weapons, power ups Ect. in the game. The sounds are great.
If it's possible to add enemies it would be cool if the game has support for vibration feedback gamepads.
Greets
Niklas

2007-04-19 13:07:10

Check out the new and improved version of Underwater in the Playcenter of this website! We have given the player the choice to use either keyboard or mouse.

2007-04-19 14:00:22

The link:
http://www.audiogames.net/playcenter/index_exp.php
smile