2013-09-30 18:19:34

Excellent suggestions guys!  I've been jotting them down, as well as a few good ones people have emailed me.  I might have some free time tonight before work, and I'll see how many of these I can add in.

Aaron, if you're looking to replace the sounds, be my guest.  big_smile  The current ones are quite terrible.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2013-09-30 18:47:50

Hi,
Replace and also add in a bunch. I'll have to get my collection ready and I'll send you an email, unless, of course, someone beats me to it.

2013-09-30 18:51:23

I think having separate sounds for each item would be too much work (there are nearly 300), but I'm up for adding in sounds.  Email will work best since I've already regretted signing back in to Skype, and have signed myself back out.  ROFL!

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2013-09-30 19:47:53

Aprone wrote:

Aaron, if you're looking to replace the sounds, be my guest.  big_smile  The current ones are quite terrible.

All the sounds I've heard so far are ones I made using nothing but a tone generator and wavepad. big_smile So, yes, they're kinda awful.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2013-09-30 20:58:36

Open mouth, Insert foot.
ROFL!  Sorry CAE, I couldn't remember who sent these sounds to me so very long ago.  What I should have said is that these are terrible because they don't in any way fit with the game.  big_smile

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2013-09-30 21:50:16

Lol, I have discovered the most stupid pecipee of the game: you can indeed create magic out of magic and magic ! This is a revelation !

Someone figured out how to make metal or glass ? I see them in the categories, but really no idea...

@dark: yes, found out what to do with the cow, but the only item so far has probably no use, considering in which category it is...

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2013-09-30 22:12:38

I can't get bloody fire. Even thoguh I have methane, bricks... *sigh*

2013-09-30 22:39:06

I've got glass, but haven't discovered metal yet.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2013-09-30 22:42:45

Sevrior, I'll give a little clue.

On the next line there is a possible. Spoiler. alert.
If a person were stranded out in the wilderness, how might they make a fire?

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2013-09-30 22:43:53

Aminiel, you'll find a use for that eventually.

Dark, The bacon grease, Lye, and Water would have been a great combination!  For some reason I didn't think of it, but you're thinking right along the right lines for what I did think of.

For metal, a quick yahoo or google search could help give you clues.  I'd suggest looking up primitive metal working, or something to that regard, to see if you get any clues.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2013-09-30 23:47:03

Meteoric iron! ... No? Ah, ok, then... XD

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2013-10-01 08:02:51

I love this game. big_smile
I like how you make fire. Oh, and the cave and darkness was cool too. Some of the recipes I've found I don't quite understand, but well, still fun. smile
Haven't played that much...yet...

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2013-10-01 18:51:37

This game is an absolute blast.  I do have a suggestion though.  Is it possible to set up a way to use the recipes you have already discovered to create their items, providing you have the proper ingreedeance?  Sory I don’t know how to spell that word.  I don’t want to give any examples here so as not to spoil any recipes.

Want to order food, but can't get out? Try this .
https://postmat.es/Tw5eUTrBn4

2013-10-01 21:22:26

I've just posted an update to add in many of the features people have requested.  Lets see if I remember them all.

From the recipe menus, pressing enter on one will automatically fill the required items into your recipe slots, and close the menu so you can press Shift Enter to combine.

The info about the delete key has been added to the readme.

Pressing backspace will undo the last recipe, as long as it did not unlock anything when you did it.

Dark, I just had to add in the bacon grease recipe you talked about earlier.  So if you try that same combination again you'll get something.  smile

The bug where magic combinations were reading off the wrong items is fixed now I think.

I haven't had time to really test some of these new things, so please let me know if they work.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2013-10-02 02:29:26

Hi, Aprone, good to see you back in development.
Very addictive game, my sighted friends have also found it quite cool. My only suggestions are to increase the number of possible matches (including some that would make sense but don~t work actually) and creating a more objective goal. This can be simple as ^Find the X final objects^ or something more complex such as some labirynth (in a gameplay similar to Temporal) where some keys are needed to keep going and those keys would have to be crafted with what you have and what you can get from the rooms.

Congratulations for the game concept, it is really cool. wink

2013-10-02 17:32:28

There seems to be a bug when reversing the last recipe. I don't exactly know what it does, but now I've got something like 4 XXX and 3 YYY.
Reversing Again seems to add one more to the two Things you've mixed...

2013-10-02 18:25:27 (edited by Shadow 2013-10-02 20:26:05)

Unfortunately, I had the same issue when trying to select a known recipe.

edit

I also sometimes get an error, file not found message.
I get it when I try to start a new game, then make something I've made before, though I don't think it's all the time...
Helpful, I know.

/edit

2013-10-02 21:58:49

Guys, I've managed to find 37 recipes until now, including Axe and Log, the two most recent, but I really need some clue to get to glass and metal and specially I'm going nuts trying to figure out what to do with this god damned Ocean that won't mix with anything! 0.o Please help!

2013-10-02 22:39:12

I also have the problem where if you press enter on a known recipe the game freezes and needs to be closed with task manager. Pretty fun game, I downloaded it to pass some free time at university today. It says I have discovered 38 different recipes and 44 achievements, not really sure what's the difference though. I keep running into what seem like dead ends where I can't find anything to combine, but I'll keep trying. The most advanced thing I made so far was a glass bottle.

2013-10-02 23:26:39

"You have discovered 32 different recipies and 40 different achievements."

I've most recently created a thunder storm, but can't figure out how to make the axe. I guess I'll find out one day. Hehe.
So far I like it, though I'd love to find a recipe for rocks... That doesn't require rocks in the first place. smile

2013-10-03 08:22:53

Hello,

Are the achievements made so far with the previous version (0.4) kept when you update to the newest version ? I don't want to lose my 49 recipees and 56 items discovered up to now.

Thank you for the undo feature.

2013-10-03 10:02:18

They didn't go away when I updated my game. I think they're stored in the files that the game create the first time you start it.

2013-10-03 18:59:19

Some bugs to report :
- You can undo multiple times; it let you have more than you had before, and it makes other items disappear randomly or appearing twice in the list. Often the doubled items or removed ones are or were those at the end of the list, but not always; for me it happened with rocks, wind, sunshine and water, where rocks and water were present twice and sunshine and wind disappeared.
- Undo doesn't work at all in fact: when you undo, the items used in the last recipee come back, but the item just produced isn't removed.
- Launching a known recipee from the menu makes the application hanging and then crash
- I was unable to launch a known recipee from the menu (saying that I hadn't required ingredients, allthough I actually had what I needed; it happened to make stick and to make fire
- Once, I got "You have used magic to create a new <nothing>"; that happened while magic was alone in the slots, and then I effectively got an item with no name. It happened again probably because I was too fast, the item I wanted to clone hasn't been selected.
- Press Shift+backspace as very first action in a new game, and you'll also get an item with no name
- Precision for the bug selecting the wrong item: after having successfully launched a recipee, if I press a letter, i.e. S, the first item starting with S is spoken, but when I press enter, another random item is loaded in the slots; sometimes it even announces "X and Y are ready to combine", where X and Y are items I effectively have in stock, but unrelated to what I wanted to select at first. It occurs quite randomly, I have the impression that it happens when I'm too fast, but always only just after having successfully combined two items.

It could be a blasting plus feature if you were adding the ability to run at once a recipee of order 2, 3 and more, or otherwise said, a path of multiple recipees. Of course, provided that you have all starting items in stock and that you already know all recipees along the path.
For example, it seems that fire is rather important in the game, and it's quite boring to redo it all the time when you know it by heart. With the feature, I could say somewhere to make fire in one or two clicks, and it will automatically do A+B->C, C+A->D and then B+D->E, provided that I have 2A and 2B available. Such shortcuts could be limited to 3, 4 or 5 target items of your liking, otherwise it would of course too easy.

2013-10-03 21:56:36

I think this is a feedback that you~ll like to get: Nearly all of my closest friends are sighted since I've lost my vision a few years ago. They have been watching me playing Revelation in the last 48 hours and every single one of them said the same: "The game concept is awesome, I would really like it to have some visual interface so I could play it too". Three of them said that this is the kind of game that they would pay some bucks to have on their smartphones. One of these three is the owner of one of Brazil's largest videogame podcast. So, if you haven't noticed it yet, Mr. Aprone, you have made a Hell of an addictive game. smile

2013-10-04 03:05:02

Hi...
I thought the idea of the game very interesting and also love to have it on my smart phone, if it happens someday.

I'm having a great time with the game, even if it is only 12 combinations and 18 achievements.

Sorry for my english. Not is my language.

smile