2013-09-04 09:31:18

Darkabomination, I think that's what the guy wants to use this for actually.  big_smile

I'm uploading the update right now.  You can now use the / key to turn automatic reading on and off.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2013-09-04 15:20:43

lucasr... ah. gotcha.
Darkabomination... it can already read English subtitled anime... you just need to find the srt files to go with the anime you want to watch and those are pretty easy to find. As a matter of fact... many anime have srt that come with them if you download them. Unfortunately, that's the only way to watch anime with accessible subtitles.. since web streams of anime will be hard-coded embedded subtitles rather than text output. What I'm much more interested in is whether something could be developed for reading manga or comics... not even the pictures in the pannels described, just the text so we know what's currently happening.

Discord: clemchowder633

2013-09-04 17:24:52

Assault freak, I'm curious, do you have an example of the kind of manga you would want read?  I just want to take a look.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2013-09-04 21:21:39

well, it can already do that. just have the anime video file and the subtitle in srt smile

That is not dead which can eternal lie, yet with stranger aeons, even Death may die.

2013-09-05 00:08:15

Hi Aprone! This project is really fantastic! I'm sure I'll be using this program a lot to watch animes that are in Japanese. I found an error though.. I had a movie here that I downloaded a few days ago, I just wanted to test the program, the movie didn't came with a srt file, so I searched and eventualy found it, however the program loads the mp3, the movie starts but the srt just won't read, I tried switching screen readers with tab, either to sapi or nvda, and used the slash key to read, but neither could read the subtitles, maybe it's in a different formate, corrupted, or I'm really not sure, lol. I'll past the link to the srt file bellow so you can take a look. Thanks,  you rule!!
http://dl.opensubtitles.org/pt/download/file/1952783670

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2013-09-05 00:46:32

drg the file seems to work for me.  Are you sure it has the same name as the mp3 you are opening?  Also, take note that there is a long gap before any subtitles show up in the video.  There is one right away about where it was downloaded, but the next one doesn't show up until 2 minutes and 8 seconds later.  I don't have your MP3 to know if that is correct to the show, but whoever made the SRT file didn't think anyone was talking for a while at the beginning.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2013-09-05 01:03:50

Hey Aprone! I'm sorry, it worked now. It seems the subtitle is not right with the movie, seems to be even from a different movie, lol. i'll search
a bit more and try with other ones. thanks so much!

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2013-09-05 06:28:09

The problem is, most of the manga that are available are all online. Though I suppose I could try and save the jpgs or something... the example is here. This is what really got me into wishing I could read manga... the manga has been going on 25 years, and the really short anime that was released based on this part of it got me captivated.
http://www.mangareader.net/jojos-bizarr … ntom-blood
I'm also having troubles with fighting game movelists that use graphic icons to symbolize directional and button inputs.. driving me crazy trying to find one in text since there isn't a complete one around for the game in question.

2013-09-05 09:33:48

I can't get the comic to show up.  The page loads a ton of advertisements and a Next page and previous page link, but nothing else.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2013-09-05 16:22:09

Might have to try a different site. I have no way of telling if the image actually shows up... but you have the name of the manga now at least. lol That's somewhat of a start. big_smile

2013-09-06 19:26:30

The Klango devs I think were going to include something like this but it seems it never came to fruition. Man how I wish Klango was still being worked on, that piece of software rocked! But back to the topic at hand. If I ever get the Toshiba laptop that I was promised I'll be happy to give your program a whirl. Actually I think the question is perhaps when? My tutor's been busy with his new job and a few other things, including working with me on other stuff. But I did mention it to him again earlier this week so hopefully it'll be sometime soon. One of the screen readers that I use is System Access to Go, and I'm a registered member of SAMNet, the System Access Mobile Network. The awesome team at Serotek have a section on SAMNet dedicated to audio-described programming, and they're frequently updating it. I'm wondering if perhaps this program would work with SAMNet? I think Jeff Rutkowski also hosts some movies on his site, and there's Movies for the Blind. I forget off the top of my head who does that podcast, but I believe it's from Canada.

2013-09-06 23:24:28

Hello folks.
Aprone, this little creation of yours just amazed me. I'm not a friend of hearing movies in english subtitled, however with this superpowerful wade machine I'll be able to hear movies in other languages, with subtitles. I've introduced this program to the spanish community that I also belong to, and it was very well received, and all they wanna say to you is, congratulations. This has received a lot of great feetback, as well as your other creations, and I have to say that the wade machine is just awesome.
Well, now I have a little question. Can I load movies from the DVD drive? And, what is the format or extension of the main video to open? yesterday I was a little bit lost, because I didn't knew how to open the movie to play it. So I just wonder what files or file do I have to open? thanks, Andres

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2013-09-15 15:13:48

I'm also loving this program. I love foreign films and usually use Japanese and Korean films and tv shows as study tools for the languages... and this helps a lot. I hope this'll turn out to be more than just another small project. lol

2013-09-15 15:49:25

Hey, can you please add a play from URL feature? cuz what will happen if we want to watch videos from youtube with subtitles?

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2013-10-04 10:27:41

Hi, i get an "run time error 5", everytime i try to load an mp3 with the subtitle. what it is?

f.a.t.h.e.r

2013-10-04 17:32:48

Burak, that isn'tt possible at the moment for the simple fact that youtube videos do not have srt subtitle files, whereas the subtitles are actually part of the video itself.

2014-01-06 02:32:00

Hi aprone.
Is there any way you could provide the option of simply extracting the mp3s from the file without requiring a srt file? There is currently no way to do this in windows easily for certain filetypes such as .ogm etc.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2014-01-06 02:56:18

Stirlock, the srt file is the only way for the program to know what the subtitles should be.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2014-01-06 08:50:44

Yes I realize that, but I'd love an easy way of just getting the mp3s. I don't know command line so ffmpeg isn't practical.

2014-01-06 10:08:39

Well, the studio at dvdvideosoft.com has video to mp3 converters, if you want to use that. That's the easiest way I can think of

2014-01-06 12:40:02

Hello all,

Nice idea. Do you ahve some examples of videos that include integrated subtitles in them, just to try something ? I don't have any and don't really know how to find. But it might be possible to extract them using ffmpeg.

BY the way, just an info, subtitles can be automatically read by screen readers as they appear on youtube videos now. Activate HTML5 by going to http://www.youtube.com/html5 , then try with IE10 or firefox. IE8 and IE9 are too old to support this.

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2014-01-07 14:34:58

Has anyone gotten youtube subtitles to work using html5? I've enabled the player, but subtitles aren't being read...

2014-01-07 19:28:16

Yeah they've never read for me either which is a shame.

2014-02-26 03:46:33

I wish I could use this, but I'm obviously missing something. I have the movie file that is a .mkv and its associated .srt file. When I select the option to create an mp3 from a movie, I select the .mkv file and it says that it is converting to mp3 but when the program closes, presumably finished, I can find no resulting .mp3 file anywhere. I looked in the output folder located under the Wade Machine folder in program files, no dice. Should I try a .avi file instead? Should I select the SRT file instead of the .AVI/.MP4/.MKV file? I'm so confused! Haha!

My opinions are my own. I try not to state them as facts and if I'm not sure about something, I do whatever research I can. I feel everyone should consider doing the same.

2014-02-27 18:27:27

What kind of movie formats does it support? Let's say I have a DVD that I import using Windows Media Player. Will it work for those? Will it work with WMV files? That would be something useful to know..

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy