2013-08-31 12:45:20

This isn't in any way urgent.

What's an easy way to unsubscribe from multiple topics? Now that I'm receiving all mail by list, I'd like to drop all email subscriptions to individual topics. Most of them have stopped updating now, but a few still persist and while I can just unsub individually, I'd really like to be able to drop all of the little buggers at the same time.

Any info appreciated. TIA.

Just myself, as usual.

2013-09-01 19:30:54

Have you tried looking in the subscriptions part of your profile? if there is an option to easily unsub en mass, it'd likely be there.

Personally I never use subscriptions myself for precisely the reason  of too much mail, I always find the new posts links more than adequate.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2013-09-02 02:48:31

Yeah, just checked again, nothing. It lists all of the threads just as in every other thread list, but if I want to unsub it looks like I'll be clicking through to each topic to unsub individually.

Oh well, nevermind. If I find another way, I'll be sure to let folks know. And like I said they're old enough now that they've mostly quietened down anyway.

Just myself, as usual.

2013-09-02 07:35:58

Slightly off topic but closely related, I'd like to see the forum runner plugin installed on this forum; it would make those of us who have IOS devices and who wish to keep up with the forum while we're elsewhere that is not at home and sitting at the computer a bit easier.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2013-09-02 10:04:39

This is one of the primary reasons I set up my mailing list. You can use a mailbox to arbitrate the postings you're catching up to, across devices and without having to worry about brief checks of the forum between times reseting your unread topics.

But this list only supports reading. Does Forum Runner actually have a PunBB plug-in?

Just myself, as usual.

2013-09-02 15:28:51

An interesting question; I honestly don't know.  I decided to give this app a shot less than a day ago and came across this topic at the same time, which is why I thought of the plugin.

Hmmm, my results seem to indicate no PunBB plugin currently exists, though I suppose it wouldn't hurt to suggest the idea and explain why.  Their team seems well dedicated to its users from everything I've read thus far.  A quick email regarding voiceover support resulted in a reply within about 5 hours with reassurance that voiceover was indeed working well with the app.  For the time being, all I can do is hope.  smile

By the way, should anyone care to find out more about the app they can do so by visiting the following address:

http://www.forumrunner.net/

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2013-09-02 20:47:16

Well nocturnus, what is this plugin? remember this forum runs on punbb, so if it's not a punbb extention we probably can't run it. Certainly I've not seen it listed on the extentions page in admin, though I know that doesn't lit everything.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2013-09-03 14:07:33

This is just an observation, but it would appear that PunBB isn't too popular with the plebs, and the software is updated fairly infrequently. Personally I say that's a vote of confidence, and thanks to this forum I now know there exist forums that don't require heaps of javascript stuffed with crap features nobody will ever use which load really fast, but it does mean integration like this is probably going to be harder to acquire. The flip side to this is that, sad though it is when only a touch-screen smartphone makes the need evident, people are increasingly aware of the need for native apps for this sort of problem.

Just myself, as usual.

2013-09-03 21:25:51

Indeed Sebby. having seen lots of bb's I have to say punbb is my favourite and I can see why Sander and Richard decided to use it back in 2005, albeit I don't know too many other boards who do (though there are still some, project.aon does for a start).

I suspect if there isn't a specific extention for touch screen phones soon, there will be in the future, and the layout is logical enough to make touch screen navigation not too much of a problem even if notifications and other fancy stuff don't work as expected.

Indeed, i have broused this forum on my iPhone to get the knack of safari and vo, precisely because! it's layout is so straight forward.