2007-02-07 18:49:35

I have recently found an online RPG which is based on Wheel Of Time, written by the famous ammerican author Robert Jordan, which can be played either by a tellnet program (such as GMud, ZMud, or etc),, or by any internet browser (preferably Internet Explorer). The game itself is at, http://www.wotmud.org. If you are going to connect with a tellnet program, the address is wotmud.org, port 2222. Also, those that are thinking about geting the mud code should forget it, because in FAQ section it is said that the code wouldn't be given/sold to anyone. The mud is not for me or anyone I know, and I'm not advertizing it, but I'm just sharing it with you. BTW, the mud has beenrunning since 1993 and it has the oficial permition of Robert Jordan. All these info given here, though, are available on the website, too. My name there is Parham, like everywhere else.
Hope to see you there!

2007-02-17 01:45:37

Hello parham!
I am blind computer user from Croatia. I recently begun to use internet so Im not so good in search, and i tink that i have an old screan reader. I am using hal for windovs xp. Can you (or somebody else) tell me
where can I find more audio adventures or rpg games. I would also like to know which screenreader is the best to use it on internet (hal is not good enough).

Thank you!

2007-02-17 10:14:45 (edited by dark empathy 2007-02-17 10:17:40)

Hi Durin.

Screen reader wise, I actually use Hal myself without any trouble. However, how well Hal works on the net very much depends upon the version.

It wasn't really until Hal version 5 that Hal became really possible to use on the net. sinse you mention you have an old screen reader, are you using an older version of Hal?

I'm using Hal v6.53 myself.

You can check your version of Hal with the "About" option in the help menue of the control panel.

If on the other hand you have a modern version of Hal such as V6 or one of the later versions of Hal 5, just remember that the area virtual focus and list links function are your friends on webpages where tabbing round the links doesn't help, particularly when using all the navigational features of the virtual focus.

As to Rpg games, there's been a topic recently very much about them, see This topic for lots of links to both Rpg games and muds.

You might also fancy trying some interactive fiction Aka text adventure games. Getting them running initially is a litle confusing if you've not done it before, but once you do their well worth playing. Everything you need to know is on This website but feel frree to ask if you have trouble.

Finally, there are one or two streight audio self voicing adventure type games (no audio rpg's as yet, but hopefully there will be soon).

descent into madness is a free horror interactive story type game, While Bavisoft's game chillingham is a commercial adventure game available to buy on Cd.

Hope this helps.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-02-17 17:57:33

Yeah Dark Emppathy has shown that he is atrusted Hal user so I would contact him if I was you. smile

2007-02-17 20:53:17

thanks Parham, as the firing squad would say, we aime to please! ;D.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-02-18 16:14:42

Lol. Now that's the spirit!

2007-02-18 23:11:10

that's the spirit? isn't that the necromancer's favourite saying? Rofl!

2007-02-19 00:04:26

Or the alcoholic maybe?
tongue

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-02-19 21:05:00

Lol I'd agree with the second, just for the fun of it. big_smile