2007-01-25 02:13:19

Hello. This is primarily for people who play Sryth and are Adventurer's Guild members, but absolutely anyone is of course free to read it, ask questions or make comments. Be warned, though, that if you're not an AG member, most of this mayn't make sense.

First off, I have a couple of questions:
Is RokMokkara an enemy that can be killed?
Second, is there any end to the melee ladder and do you get anything for reaching it?
Third: if I've killed the Phantom Assassin and all his crew, are the scenarios that were mentioned (the random ones) actually here yet, or are we still waiting on them? I want to know so I don't keep adventuring randomly for no reason, nothing else really interests me.
Fourth: if I have MR of 83 and SP of 117, does that make me strong?

Next, a little theory (well, not really theory, just some observations):
1. The sewers containing the dragon statuette are truly complex! If I missed anything, I'm going to be annoyed. I of course found all four skulls and all keys, so I hope that was it (no rings or other funky stuff hidden there).
2. I'm starting to worry about all the open-ended stories the GM is using. If he ties them all up, that's great...but so far, there are almost a full dozen with hanging ends, and it kind of worries me. That doesn't include all the people who tell me to "come back soon" because they'll have more work for me. I think, on the whole, we're either going to be very pleased with all the wrapping-up one day, or most of the stuff is going to be forgotten and we may be in for a let-down.
3. I cleaned a cellar for a lady in Trythik. She says she's a weapon-seller. I'm currently using the Giantfell Blade, and not sure if it's any point in trying to find another blade. I got all the Phantom Assassin's crew's weapons...some of them seem to suck, no offense, but some of them are really quite impressive. Is she in the game yet as a merchant, or do I simply make do, for now, with what I have and call it good?
4. Call me nuts but I'm worried about treachery from someone in a high position, probably in Trythik. I'm not sure if it'll be the Thane himself, but I'm expecting more betrayal at some point.
5. I had a thought, earlier on today, that the black gem I got from Dor-Drote may be part of that legendary sword everyone's been up in arms about. I should go try that later and see what happens.

If anyone else has adventures, curiosities, questions or concerns they wanna put in here, by all means. I renewed last night, so I'm sort of excited. Went through a whole pile of adventures last night and had great fun.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2007-01-25 15:15:17

YES< I'd say you are strong. My MR is currently at 81 with stamina of 97. I'm using the Giantfell Blade, Blessed Defender and several MR boosting rings.
  As for the Melee Ladder, I don't know if there's an end to it. I'm currently on rung twelve. But as for the sewers with the dragon statuette, think you coud give me some directions. I've been stumped on that one for days. And being in colllege I really haven't the time to just wander around for hours on end. That and I've recently found rather a hot girl, so as you can imagine my liffe's pretty full.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2007-01-25 15:25:50

Okay...well, I had some difficulty with that quest, but managed it after awhile. A few tips:
First, the keys are all found in little alcoves along the very northernmost wall, guarded by skeletons. I believe there are a total of six.
Second, all the portcullises are in the eastern part of the tunnel system. Make sure that once you go through the grates, you explore thoroughly. You will need four silver skulls.
Third: the plinths form a cross shape, basically, in the maze's approximate center someplace. If you find one plinth (I often get the southern one), circle around clockwise and hug the wall, so to speak, and you should find the other four.
Fourth: once all four skulls are placed, the statuette itself is to the northeast. I would say follow the wall again, but that doesn't help much since you'll go in circles. I only did it once, I'm afraid I can't help more than that.

Update: My MR is now 90 and my SP sits at 111. Traded in my shield for something not quite as good, got a booster pack for renewing when I did (a nice bunch of tokens), bought one heck of a wicked blade (something with death in it, destruction is its power but it's bloody rare). I'm not sure if that puts me pretty high or not. Also suggest that you wear the ring you got from the Phantom Assassin. If you haven't gotten it, go back to Trythik and do the event so you do get it. Some of the weapons in that list aren't so hot, others are fairly good.
If I can get my hands on about 40 more adventurer tokens at some point (god, I wish you could buy them with gold!), I'd have the strongest sword in the game currently.
Also: I'm annoyed because I was about seven-eighths done the troll-hunter proving grounds when my expiration came up, and I couldn't renew till after that PG was over. Annoys the heck out of me.

BTW: Rokmokkara is still a roll of 18, even with an MR of 90. It's hideous. I have no hope of killing him, especially worse because I don't have any powers with Sharvyn and it's about subduing anyway.

2007-01-26 08:15:29

Well, it doesn't look as though that black gem is part of the Sword of Merzekk. Then again, I didn't have the sword or the first gem in my possession when I tried it a while ago. I'll try it once i deal with this dragon statuette business.
  You'd asked a question aout Rokkmocara. I didn't now you could fight her, assuming of course that this is the same Rokkmocara found in the adventure in Durnsig. Sh is a fairly renouned adventurer for whom you were mistaken by the village elder, but whom you mt on your way out of Durnsig at the end of said adventure.She was rather haughty and tended didn't think much of you. Perhaps she's out for revenge? Hmmm...

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2007-01-26 09:54:21

Despite the name, Rokmokkara is male. But yeah...it's the guy you meet on the way north from Durnsig who is off to solve the problem you've already tackled...the problem you stole out from under his nose, as it were.

Lords...if I'd known I could get a +18MR sword, I'd never have bothered keeping the helm. Doing Stonesong with my other char, Jayde, at the moment, MR of 77 and SP of 113. The order of the golems is top left, bottom right, top right, bottom left, correct?

2007-01-27 01:13:35

First off, the black gem is not part of the sword. I tried last night. Second, you don't actually need the keys if you have Thievery at ahigh enough level. Mine was at fifty and I picked the locks on the portcullises with no trouble.
  Next, mezyryl (assuming I spelled that right), is not yet in the gamme as a merchant. I agree there are a lot of hanging plot threads but I have faith that the GM will tie them up nicely. After all, that windowless building in Blade Square has been there for years and we only now find out what it really is. As for your theory about treachery, I'm not sure. Certainly tere'll be some if Illiok makes another appearance, particularly since I gavehim a pretty thorough thrashing with the Wither Blade.

2007-01-27 05:54:53

Heh. I never even tried unlocking the gates without keys, maybe my thievery was too low at the time.

Heh, I see nice progress about weaponry special attacks. I'm still a little apprehensive, though.

Jayde has gotten to pretty much the same point Sharvyn's at, except Jayde only has 79MR and 113SP. Destruction at 50, divination at 40, also have elementalism, telekinesis and necromancy though. What I really want to get is restoration. Will have to go buy it from one of the people in the guild.

And the adventurer feature is neat...where you can see who's around and what they're wearing? That's neat, opens up much more possibility and answers lots of questions.

2007-01-27 08:52:43

I must have missed that. Adventurer feature? Where's that?
  Well, 've completed Terror in Greenmarsh, so it looks as though my adventuring days are temporarily over. Leasways, they are until Runeskin shows up. I suppose I could tackle the Melee Ladder again but I'm not sure I want to. After a while that gets pretty repetitious.

2007-01-27 14:38:29

Heh heh...repetitious is a new word. It's "repetitive", but I agree. The snippets of EXP you get are nice, though.

There are certain places now where it says something like "Adventurers are/were here", and if you click on it you can see who's been where, vaguely speaking.

I saw something interesting, however: someone has both the Exalted Diamond Sword and the Warlord's Helm. ... Last I checked you get both of those from the same adventure and that's it...can't get 'em anywhere else. So I wanna know how one character got two of 'em. I want 'em! *lol*

2007-01-28 15:38:53

I think you could find some of those items in the Hunt for the Phantom Assassin. That's probably how they got two of the items. In other news I beat Rockmokara. Took a bit of luck to do it but I did. I went and bought the Destroyer's Sword from Tallys' and that gave me an MR boost of 14. It took a few special attacks from it and the new Weaponry special attacks to finally bring Ricky down. BTW,Repetitious and Repetitive are both real words.

2007-01-28 16:07:49

I have Deathstroke Longsword (was like 5 tokens short of getting the best in the game and sacrificing a shield in the process) and also beat Rokmokkara. Nice EXP there too.

However, I've just found out something that annoys me no end. You have been on the forums for quite awhile, but unfortunately I've never managed to get in. And now they have one of those oh-so-lovely security checks consisting of the numbers or letters you have to write down. Of course, they're in a picture, so screen-readers don't pick them up (mine doesn't, and it's Jaws). So there goes the chance at being active on the Sryth forum.

I did not know repetitious was a word. Will have to remember that.

So am I correct to understand that your MR is now 97 or something? You said it was 83 before, I believe, and it went up by 14? Dang.

2007-01-29 02:09:45

Nope, the Destroyer's Sword requires two hands, so there went my shield. Took my MR down to 75 (yes, I beat him at 875). However I think I'll stick with Destroyer's Sword because its power actually manifests itself against things other than Giants.
  As for the forum, drop an Email to thhe GM. I'm sure he could create your account there. Granted he's sometimes a bit slow to reply but he's always been dependable when I've needed his help. You might consider it. And if you do get in, look for Paladin.

2007-01-29 04:59:37

Oh, I know who you are. I've seen some of your posts, one of them referring to PhantasyRPG in rather a negative fashion as some response or other to something I said about Sryth's multiple frames (which BTW are not hard to navigate, just sometimes a bit annoying).

If you had the tokens, you should've considered the sword I have. It's one-handed and its power can manifest against anything. On one round of combat vs. Rokmokkara I got lucky. A ripple of energy from my sword did 25 SP of damage, my MR jumped by 66 and I rolled 20, so I did 35 points of damage with the attack itself and then the extra from the special. That was what helped me win. I got low on SP, kicked in my blessings, and prayed, actually only needed one blessing to kill him.

2007-01-31 03:40:36

I'm assuming you're referring to the Onixian Demonblade. That's my ulimate goal but my Adv tokens were short, so I had to make do. Even so, the Destroyer's sword once unleashed a Cataclysmic wave of negative energy that did 65 damage to ol' Rocky on the very first round, then the new attack showed itself a few times along with a few energy waves and that was it. Took one blessing but I finally won it.
  As for my posts regarding Phantasy RPG, I hope you understnd I was merely expresing my impressions of the game itself and meant no disrespect to the developers. I'm an all or nothing kind of guy and Phantasy RPG just didn't hold my attention for long, partly because of the layout and partly because of the seeming lack of depth. That's partly what drew me to Sryth. So no disrespect intended to the developers of Phantasyrpg, just expressing my opinons. They just didn't happen to be all that faorable.
  Getting back to Sryth, anybody else think Tegan's absence suspicious?

2007-01-31 07:55:18

I didn't take offense, really.
The new game's layout may be similar to PRPG in a few ways, but it's going to be deeper by far, take it from me.

2007-01-31 07:57:59

I don't really see Teagurn's disappearance as all too suspicious, but then again I'm gullible that way.
No, the sword I refer to is the Deathstroke Longsword, a very handy piece of equipment.

I mailed the GM about the forum dealy, and I haven't heard a response from h im. I will continue to be patient, however.

2007-01-31 19:00:37

Uh, I just signed up to the game a while ago, but there seems to be something wrong. In the main village that the game begins in, I don't know how to find a safe place so that I can rest or train and etc.

2007-02-01 00:32:14

Ah yes, the Deathstroke Longsword. I did see it last time I was in Tallys', but knowing my luck my Token count would have been just shy of the necessary amount. Guess I should refer some friends..
  Param, as for your question about a safe place, Hawklor itself is such a location. Wile it' true you ca't save in any of the buildings, you can save, rest and yes, train skills just in the main village. I know because I was just there.

2007-02-01 08:55:52

You can save in pretty much any village, I believe. Trythik, Durnsig, Stormfield, Hawklor, Talinus, Graldok, Tryndmoor (i think)...well, you get the picture.

2007-02-01 12:32:05

Well, two other questions. First, how can I know that a place is generally "safe" so that I wouldn't go on asking about safe places in forums like this? And, the second one, I cannot see a forum or something here. Is that available only for AG users? What about marriage and such? I mean, well, come on, untill now, this game was just adventure, kill, and, well, mostly die. Lol. But does it have any social features, as I said, like marriage, forum, email (so that you can message someone while you both are online) and such? I haven't seen it so I guess if there are any, there are available for AG users only. In that case, since I cannot pay anything through the internet, I would think of something else like muds. But since the game itself is cool, I hope this one works. sad(

2007-02-01 12:58:59

Well. Found the forum, but what about other things? I remember seeing "single-player RPG" somewhere so maybe what I seak is just hogwards live (which I hate) or Legend Of The Dragon (which I do hate, as well).

2007-02-01 15:11:32

In Sryth, it's now possible to view other adventurers, sort of, but not possible to directly interact with them at this point.
At the top of your page, Jaws will say something like, 3353 Safe. This means that you're on a safe page. Otherwise, you can't rest or save.
It's a terrible pity you can't do anything like that online because Sryth is only ten dollars US for a full year, and it opens everything up in one go.

2007-02-01 18:23:11

Well, the number at the top of the page is of n real importance to you unless you find a bug in the game. Then you can make a note of the number for the GM's benefit, as it gives him an ideaas to where you encountered the bug. As for saving and training, as long as the word Safe appears just above the main frame, you can rest, save and train skills/powers.
  As for social features, there really aren't any of the type you mention. You can't get married if that's what you're wondering, and I don't really see my character Keaira as the marital type, if what she did to Rockmocara is any indication. But Jade's right. It's truly unfortunate that you can't order off the internet. If you had a Pay Pal account it'd take just one easy step to get the entire game open to you, and it's extremely cheap for what you get. If/when my sighted girlfriend's internet connection comes back online I may introduce her to Sryth. She likes games but until recently hasn't had anyone to play them with. But ten dollars is more than reasonable considering the sheer volume of content that becomes available to you, and it's increasing fairly frequently these days.

2007-02-01 20:23:42

Yeah. That's what I hate. Well I don't usually curse Ammerica, but now it's hard to stop my tongue from muddering a curse. Lol. Now, I cannot even pay one dollar because of being banned and things... Oh well. I just have to live with this.

2007-02-06 07:15:22

Question to anyone who knows:
I just checked the Wiki and there's a quest called A Wanted Man that I can't initiate. It says to start it in the Loch Leap Alehouse in Tryndmoor, yet my only choices are to sit and drink an ale, or to leave. If I drink an ale, nothing happens, and I leave anyway. I've been in there doing that for awhile now, have finished the dragon-statue quest, so...uh...I don't know what I'm missing. Anyone care to help?

The GM, BTW, still hasn't responded about my registration on the forums, else I'd be asking there. Until someone is able to help me out in that regard, I'm stuck, with regard to forum stuff.