2007-02-04 22:50:25

Hi all,
  Just a quick question about Jim Kitchen's trivia game. I'm trying to create my own trivia file, but in the manual it says to save it as a .tgf file. How the heck are you supposed to do this? There's no option for that in any of the word processing programs, and it doesn't work if I simply save it in the Trivia folder and add on a .tgf extension, so I could use some help. Unless there's just something I'm not seeing?

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2007-02-05 06:55:51

There's no need to go to the "file types" combow box. Just put the filetype to "*.*" and then type "filename.TGF" and there you go.

2007-02-05 17:47:49

I don't believe I understand what you mean. If I don't go to the file types combo box how am I supposed to put the file type to a *.*

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2007-02-05 21:15:07

Never mind. Found a workable solution. In Word Pad I found an option for All FIles in the save as tpe combo box. I selected that and just added a .tgf extention and saved it in the Kitchensinc folder. It works just fine. The file i'm working on is based on the new JediOrder novels. It's far from complete but if anyone's interested i'd be happ to send it to them so they can check it out. I'm not sure when I'll be able to actually send it since my Email seems to be on the blink at the moment but I'll send it along when I can.

2007-02-07 18:13:23

Well I meant, there's no need to select a specific filetype from there. You can even save it and change the format through rename. If your windows is configured to show the filetypes when in windows explorer, that wouldn't be hard, but if not... Well, if not, send another message so that I can tell you what to do. Most blind usually have this option turned on so I wouldn't risk telling lots of things while they would be useless for you and you just press alt+f4. lol

2007-02-07 21:53:47

what it basically does is when you don't set it to all, it will usually create something with that file type. so even if you type trivia.tgf, it will be as if it is going to save trivia.tgf.txt, for example.