2012-04-03 15:02:25

Hi Ghorthalon,

Indeed I am having some problems with my Sapi 5. Lots of games use it, But NVDA for example isn't able to use it. I searched for a long time for a solution but wasn't able to find one. I have only Microsoft Anna and for Example Aprones games, Audioquake or entombed are having no problems. But when I try to use Sapi5 with NVDA, I get an error. I also tried reinstalling it, but was confused by the different modules of sapi5 that microsoft provides.

I also checked the TTS-settings of windows, but there wasn't so much to do. Anna is chosen as my standart voice.

Do you maybe have an idea what to do?

2012-04-03 15:04:15

Hi,

Then I'm pretty sure this is the problem. You could try installing another voice, maybe ESpeak will work. For me it did, but I've heard that for other users of Win 7 64 Bit it doesn't. I never had a problem myself.
But it's at least worth a try, right? unless you did already install it, at which point we'll have to find another voice to use.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2012-04-03 15:26:31

Ok, I installed Espeak for windows, but in the TTS menu of windows the Espeak voices didn't appear. Next I tried to start the Espeak program, but got an error and the program closed immediately. That is quite similar to the problem, that NVDA has with my Sapi5. It seems that my Sapi5 is damaged in a way. Do you have an idea, witch programm I have to install to fix that maybe? Microsoft is providing several installments of Sapi5 and I am not quite shure witch one to use.

2012-04-03 16:57:30

Heh... I like the ending... big_smile

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2012-04-04 00:05:13

Hi Stan,
I know of a program being able to fix sapi problems as I read sofar. I never tested it because I never needed it, but kitchensinc.net have a sapi repair program. I do'nt know how it is called anymore, but I'm definitely sure they're having one.

Check me out on soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/gamefighter

2012-04-04 17:03:16

nicely done dragon.

to be honest, i'm just expecting some perfect incoming games from you and your team smile

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2012-04-04 17:27:49

Hi,

Haha, DragonApps is just me. But most of the time I have Pitermach to help me with sounds. So that's a huge help!
I don't really view DragonApps as a company though, just as some kind of cool name I publish my stuff under. So yepp.
I have the server for my new multiplayer FPS done. I just need to make it work with the actual game. Someone please give me motivation?

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-04-04 18:38:50

hi Ghorthalon,
I just wanted to try this game. It starts successful but then it says main menu and I can't select anything. It looks like the game isn't running, no new window opens etc. I only hear the background music. could you please help?

Janagirl!

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2012-04-04 19:15:01 (edited by TalonTheDragon 2012-04-04 19:15:21)

Hi there,

OK, that's it. big_smile I've gotten so many messages that the window doesn't open, that I've compiled a little Patch which should fix it, by running in windowed mode. I'm pretty sure this is caused by JAWS somehow. big_smile

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-04-04 19:45:52

hi there!
janagirl

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2012-04-05 00:38:58

Would a motivational cookie from a fellow scaled creature be enough? 

Hmm.  I'm curious.  Was the patch installed along side the original download (so, is the original download updated?  I got that backwards). 

Going to download the game now.

2012-04-05 00:57:42

Yes, it would mean the world to me! Hahaha big_smile I'd have it done in no time!

No, you need the patch seperately. The game that you can download runs in full screen mode, while the patch runs in windowed mode. Basically, if you're using JAWS, I'd suggest you use the windowed one. It's not included in the installer though.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-04-05 14:56:04

Hmmm.... *Transporting motivation points to you*... smile Now you should feel motivated, if not, I'll summon a shoggoth that can motivate you... big_smile

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2012-04-05 15:48:08

I hardly ever get motivated. big_smile

But thinking of how this could turn out, plus you guys motivating me, will probably get me doing it today. So yay!

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-04-05 19:40:32

Hi,
Please code this, please. this would be really incredible methinks if i know your gaming style correctly.

2012-04-05 20:26:23

Hi,

Thanks Aaron. big_smile
I'll try my best to make this as good as possible.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-04-06 20:03:05

Hey Dragon, come on, you can do it! I think you can solve your problems with fire breathing! big_smile
Will march massacre  continue, or is that it?

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2012-04-07 17:16:21

Hey what is this FPS thing your working on?

Audio game king

2012-04-07 17:24:48

Hi Burak,

That's it, actually. The game is done. Heh.
@wp85: Well, I won't say much more than I did on the Techtalk show, but basically an online multiplayer shooting game, similar to Quake or Counterstrike, with initially a death match mode, but I might add more later on.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-04-07 22:41:52

uh. If it is it, then I think it hasn't got so much replayability valew. ahaha sorry for the wrong funny spelling...

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2012-04-08 00:22:58

Hi,

Well, it's not supposed to. You see, this was supposed to be an overly advertized april flop. big_smile
One which sounded good, promised, but then died.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-04-08 12:13:38

hi gorthalon, what can I do to get a downloadable content?
because when I click on it, it says checking for downloadable content... then it says no downloadable content available.
go play some more!
but I always died in level 6! sad

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2012-04-08 12:56:28

Hi Hanif,
Haha, as I played the game first time, I've also been confused about that. But... This... is one of the little jokes included in the game! :-)

Check me out on soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/gamefighter

2012-04-08 14:27:26

Hi,

Yepp. The game's release date was april 1st. So it was a fool/joke/thing. big_smile
There is no downloadable content, and there won't be. Same for online updates. Hehe. smile

--
Talon
Code is poetry.