2012-02-14 03:23:00

I am using dropbox for posting things I'm sharing to others. When I upload a newer version of a file, does the link I give out stay the same? I'm just asking because I would like to share my maze game when ever I make a change to it so that others can see how far I have come with it. Oh yes, a newer version of my latest project is fixing to come out of dry dock or the workshop or whatever you call it.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2012-02-14 03:52:43

Yeah, the link stays the same, so far as I can tell.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-02-14 03:58:57

Just replace the original withe a new one and it should stay the same.
I've done it before and it's worked. Dropbox is really quite a nice little file storing platform.

2012-02-14 04:45:27

I have wondered the same thing. That's cool!

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2012-02-14 14:07:26

Thanks for the info. I have put a new version of project maze up.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2012-02-15 12:25:02

I also wanted to know that because I sometimes change files. Thanks for the info as CW said.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2012-02-15 14:23:44

Hi,
A bit of correction. Since the dropbox link relies on the filename, it stays the same until you change the name of the file. If you upload a file with a different filename, the link will change as well. From the point of Dropbox, it does not matter what file you have there as long as it exists and the browser can download it using the filename the link links to.

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi