2012-02-07 21:37:36

Well, after all of the topics about metal (which I Absolutely LOVE!), I thought I'd bring my own rock vibe to the forum. I not only love classic rock and metal, I can also play it like a boss. I know everyone likes metal and modern grunge, but what about classic rock? You know, the awwesome stuff from the 70's and 80's? Old bands like the eagles and styx, and awwesome hair bands like Montly Crue and Van Halen? Even some of the stuff from the 90's like nirvana and pearl Jam? Well if you like that stuff, post your favorite bands here! I admit, this thread is sooo much like KingGamer's metal thread, but hey. I just had to add my own vibe.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2012-02-07 23:52:45 (edited by blindncool 2012-02-07 23:54:37)

Obviously this chick is absolutely crazy. Is she even blind? Does she even know I'm only 16? Well that's tooo off-topic and I want to use this thread for what it's for! Talkin'  'bout rock!

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2012-02-08 00:28:58

Well, she is a spambot and i will be removing that post. Also another mod already got rid of her so. We will never know if she liked classic rock or not. I myself prefer modern harder rock and blues music.

2012-02-08 00:43:36

she, or he, or more likely artificial inteligence designed to annoy and antagonise, was also spamming other topics and has been taken care of.

As far as classic rock goes, if Satriani and Steve Vi count in your books, I'm definitely there and fair game as I like both.   of course, we could name Hendrix, Edgar Winter, ZZTop, Billy Idol, Billy Squier, Boston, Kix, Winger, Neil Young, Pink Floyd , and I can't forget my favorite of the favorites, AC/DC. 
I was never a big fan of early 90's rock, but Candel box, Live, Alice In Chains, and Collective Soul can hit the spot from time to time.  I arrived on the rock scene just in time to see bands like Disturbed, GODSMACK, STAIND , Linkin Park, and Drowning Pool making their first appearances along with underground favorite acts of mine like Skrape, Trust Company, and Vision of Disorder, the latter of which would gain poppularity to some degree or another.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2012-02-08 00:53:46

Well, I do love those too. As for me, I love the modern rock, but this is a classic rock thread. I love Van Halen, Bon Jovi, Z Z Top (which actually come from my home state), Montly crue (a satanic band but still very good music), and let's not forget Ted Nugent. As for 90's rock, I like Pearl Jam, nirvana, live, stained, sound garden (sounds like an audiogame), Alice in chains (also kinda sounds like an audiogame), and Seather (or however you spellit) (not really classic or 90's but still very good).

2012-02-08 02:09:03

Funny, i love seether. They are one of my favorite rock bands. I also love nirvana.

2012-02-08 04:17:44

Rock on arqmeister! Rock on! One of seether's songs, "Country song", is on my top 10 best rock songs of All time. I've actually tried to play one of their songs on the guitar. Not sure what that one was, but I was very successful at playing it.

2012-02-08 09:18:32

Hi,
Yeah, I also love nirvana!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2012-02-08 17:05:21

Well, if you want a tip on how to play there music on guitar, most of there songs are in drop C. If you are unfamiliar with that tuning, just search it on youtube, there is a lot of good tutorials on how to tune down to drop C.

2012-02-10 00:37:55

Funny, I actually use drop D and standard. Might have to check it out.