2012-02-01 15:44:45

Hello,

Since this is mainly for programmers, I'm 99% sure almost noone will use this, but I've written a small PureBasic wrapper for FreeSL, an OpenAL wrapper which adds some very nice features, such as EAX effects (you can play sounds in various environments, such as cave, bathroom, stone corridor, etc).
One not so secret reason is, because this may end up being a part of PureAudio, my 2d audio engine, and then later on Pro Audio Tennis 2012 (which is, as Dark said otherwise in a topic, not being coded in BGT, btw).
You can get it from the PureBasic section on my site

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2012-02-01 16:06:44

Well, this made me take a look at freeSL, and I saw this comment in one of the samples:

// Note: the sound must be recorded in MONO format, or EAX and 3D positioning will not work
I find this hilarious considering that the exact opposite has been true with stereo positioning in java (I think BGT as well?).
Java does have a mixer that can position mono sounds in stereo, but depending on the system it might take doing to access.

In any case, freeSL looks considerably less head-explody than anything else I've seen on the topic. If I were any good at pure basic I'd be quite interested in your wrapper.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-02-01 16:16:40

Hi Cae,
FSL has no problem positioning a mono sound in stereo, but a stereo sound can't be positioned in 3d. This is true for all the 3d engines (DirectX is one example, which I believe BGT is using right now).
Yes, PureBasic is well worth learning, actually. Not only because of this, but the shear amount of possibilities it has.
If you are familiar with programming, I would certainly choose it over BGT.

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2012-02-02 12:13:05

Hi,
What is the stage of pro audio tennis? I really want to try this!

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2012-02-03 00:11:47

Hi,

As I said in its topic, if I have any information to share, I definitely will.
At the moment, I can't say more. Sorry.

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion