2012-01-30 14:51:48

Hi,
What happened to audiogames.net?
Everytime I went on audiogames.net, it says
warning: required() [ :(
What does that mean?

Feel free to check my blog at
http://www.patrickdembinski.org
Aut enim do tibi, ut des, aut do, ut facias, aut facio, ut des, aut facio, ut facias.

2012-01-30 14:58:59

Oh, I have gotten the same problems. But I think it may be in the progress of updating.

2012-01-30 14:59:31

Hi.
the site is down for a while it should be up hmm in about a month maybe. not sure.
the forum works though.
so go to
www.forum.audiogames.net
hfor reading about games and stufff

I'm gone for real :)

2012-01-30 15:07:54

As I've said in two other topics about this, I've let Sander know and he's looking into it.

I certainly hope the site is back up in less time than a month.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-01-30 15:28:05

In the mean time I wish people would read the forum topics before posting another one on the same subject. They don't even read that the website is down before firing off the same question everyone else has asked and already been answered before. Not to be rude or anything, but people please try and see if your question has already been answered before opening a new topic or thread on the same subject.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com

2012-01-31 09:51:57

Hi.
It would be very useful if Sander would make a link to the forum when this happens. I don't think all people know the direct link to the forum.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2012-01-31 10:46:22

Well hopwfully the page will be up again soon.
:lol

Feel free to check my blog at
http://www.patrickdembinski.org
Aut enim do tibi, ut des, aut do, ut facias, aut facio, ut des, aut facio, ut facias.

2012-01-31 17:31:35

It's up for the moment but we'll have to see if it stays there.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2012-01-31 18:41:14

Well, the forum just grew a new appendage, though whether or not htat has anything to do with it, I don't know.
I wouldn't be surprised if Sander fixed the main site problem, and decided to add the section while he was logged in. smile

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-01-31 19:18:12

yeah, a new room was added though
new releases room

empty forum, be the first to post a topic, lol.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2012-01-31 20:06:40

The site is indeed back up, though it might be a while before it's debugulated fully.

As far as the forum goes, well Sander has now given me admin status (a dangerous move I know), so I created the new forum room. I have also put the private messages link back on the nav bar, so now it'll be easy to get to, and we have a new forum mod, ---- nocturnus!

really I ought to write some news about this :d.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-01-31 20:38:06

I have the forums book marked instead of the main audiogames.net site so it took me a while to notice that it was even having problems.  Hopefully it stays fixed for a while since not everyone will remember how to get back here without first going through the link on the main page.

I just read Dark's new news before coming here to read him saying that he really ought to write some news about his admin status.  Reading forum posts in reverse chronological order has all the fun of time travel but without the pesky problems of running into past selves.  Yay for safety! big_smile

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2012-01-31 23:26:18

I myself generally tend to use audiogames.net to get here.  Once on the site, I hit alt f to navigate to the forum page, hit enter, bring up the HTML elements list in NVDA, then hit enter on new and here I do be!  Still, I never quite considered how much easier it would be to simply type in forum.audiogames.net, or, as Aprone wisely has done, bookmark the site, but then again, I've never used bookmarks as I've never felt a real need for them.

Still, this is the kind of thing I like to see, many different oppinions on how to accomplish the same task.  It could be that one is generally the common action taken by the majority, but in the end it really comes down to who likes what and fels comfortable with which and so on.  I generally tend to try new things though, which is why I am for the first time ever, going to try and use a bookmark.  smile

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2012-01-31 23:33:52

@aprone, my appologies over time travel, but sadly the high councel of timelords won't let me go back in time and reverse the posting of the news before I heard it sinse that threatens to destroy the universe! big_smile. (btw, Dr. who reference).

Just to be serious for a second Aprone, I didn't move the swamp topic, sinse I thought it might confuse everyone, but really it should! be in the new releases room now. I'm not going to go through the entire forum and move all the old topics sinse that is too much like hard work, but any new topics that involve a game release, ie, the first post has links to download a new game in them, belong there now.
I must admit I usually got to the forums via the main site too, hammering tab a couple of times then hitting space, and indeed had to google the forums when the site went down big_smile.

I've now stuck the forum into my favourites, but stil I think I'll use the site as long as it works, sinse there are several occasions when it's handy to go from one to another, such as when creating db pages with links from the forums.

I'd personally recommend using favourites (or bookmarks as they are in Firefox), nocturnus,they speed things up and are a great way of gettng back to useful sites, as well as keeping stuff organized.

I've been sticking things in my favourites folder in ie for years, and have loads of subfolders for different subjects, everything from console games, to fighting fantasy, to core exiles, sf resources (with folders for Dr. who and startrek), and even one for resources I need for my Phd or for singing, sinse I do actually do work sometimes! big_smile.

I'd highly recommend getting into the habbit. During my experimentations with firefox (which were several versions ago), I couldn't work out how exactly to do folders in the bookmarks, or indeed where the bookmarks got stored, but I'm pretty sure there's a way to do it.

that's one thing I like about Ie, I can just backup the favourites folder and copy it to other machines to have all my web resources handy.

2012-01-31 23:55:00

I made myself a custom homepage that has only links to the websites I most frequently visit, and a google search. And a couple quotes, just because.
Naturally, this site is on there, so I open the browser, press v a couple times and there we are.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-02-01 00:39:04

I totally agree that Swamp should actually be moved Dark, so feel free to do so if it gets to a point where you don't think people will go crazy with confusion.  I think the new forum section will take some getting used to, but once it becomes familiar it stands to be a much better way of organizing things.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2012-02-01 01:12:10

I just wasn't sure being as how long the topic is, but on the basis your still obviously working on the game and will be releasing new versions it probably should go there.

My only concern was that several people just! come to the forum to post in the swamp topic thus far, so if I moved it they might miss it's new location.

But sinse there are likely to be new versions I probably ought to anyway,m just to get people into the habbit of what the new room is for.

2012-02-01 09:48:37

Dark, just a quick note on Firefox. When you save a Bookmark it is added to a file called bookmarks.html which is in your application data folder. For example, on my Windows 7 computer the file is located in
c:\Users\Thomas\Application Data\Roming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles
and if I back up bookmarks.html I can basically have access to my bookmarks on any comp running Firefox even Mac OS and Linux systems running Firefox. Same idea as your I.E. Favorites folder, but in a sindle *.html file rather than several *.url files.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com

2012-02-01 13:13:35

that makes sense Tom, I thought there would be a way to backup and transfer the bookmarks, I'll remember that if I give firefox another go.

another thing I found with the bookmarks that I wondered if there was a way around, was that major folders got intermixed with individual files.

For instance, I have an audio games folder with links to lots of game devs and resources. I also have an individual file in my favourites to Asda, a major supermarkit chain in the Uk where I happen to sometimes buy online grosseries.

Usually, I want my audio games folder to be the first thing in the favourites with an A, to make it easier to find, and in Ie, the favourites menue shows up pretty much like any windows explorer menue, with folders at the top and individual files at the bottom.

This didn't seem the case in firefox though, there, Asda was in front of my audio games folder, and there didn't seem to be a way of changing the order that things were displayed in.