2012-01-30 04:32:29

So, I haven't had to use sapi in a while (I like my jaws). I recently requested and downloaded a BlindGamers game from Spoonbill. But that's besides the point. I start the game, and Sapi comes on, my computer completely glitches out and I get an error message. "WARNING, YOUR LICENSE IS NOT VALID FOR THIS COMPUTER!" Does anyone know any way to fix this?

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2012-01-30 07:32:47

hi
I think that's mean you are use a demo virsion of the voice it self
not in sapi5

2012-01-30 10:53:50

Sapi itself is free with windows, so there are no licensing problems, but it might be that if your using a commercial voice there is a license problem.

The spoonbill games use your default sapi voice from the control panel. Go into control panel and then speech, and try changing your default voice to another one and see if that helps, ---- ms sam is sam and Anna are free with windows, so even though pretty dire as far as voices go should always work.

You could also try the delusalex program from www.kitchinsinc.net, which resets sapi settings and can often fix problems, though from the sound of it this isn't that sort of issue.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-01-30 11:52:24

Hi,

I'd be on the same side as my foreposters. Most likely, the demo of the voice you were trying to use has run out.

Either you switch to a Microsoft default voice, try ESpeak from espeak.sf.net (I think, might be wrong), or purchase some SAPI voices. I'd recommend the Ivona TTS voices, those seem pretty nice.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2012-01-30 14:26:33

Four posters? ---- well if anyone tries to wrip off my skin and sleep inside me I maintain ful right to eat them! big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-01-30 14:37:54

Hi,

No, sir, Foreposters. I guess, posters that posted before me. I'm not sure if foreposter is even a word, but if it wasn't then it's now. big_smile
I'd not like to be eaten! If you, however, kill me, then either be quick about it, or torture me forever. But no playing in between!

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-01-30 15:12:50

I know what you meant, I was just rather amused by being compared to a particularly grand type of bed.

And I maintain the right to eat anyone, ---- afterall as a moderator I'm here to serve you, ---- grilled in a mild wisky and mustard sauce with some potatoes and green beans! big_smile.

2012-01-30 16:06:24

Fine then. Be sure to use your best though, as I'm not defeated easily. tongue

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-01-30 18:04:23

Oh I never said defeat, I think there arefar easier ways to get a dragon into the pot.

For instance, ---- ooooh look, there goes an undersized burgler holding a golden cup, ---- quick, dive in after him!

don't worry, I have no intention of slamming the lid down and attempting to roast you at all! big_smile.

2012-01-30 19:41:36

Hi,

big_smile You honestly thought I'd fall for that? That, while living with humans for over 15 years? tongue

Note that I can stand heat to over 2000 C, good luck. tongue
Sorry for the off-topicness, but hey, who said you can't have a bit of fun!

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-01-30 20:57:59

Daaaam! foiled again, now I'll just have to run around the city until i can find someone who can sell me a 3000 degree blasting furnace.

then I'll worry about how to get you to jump into it!

2012-01-30 21:06:10

big_smile I could think of a sollution, but I'd be majorly stupid if I were to tell them to you. And if I die, I'll take all I have with me too! So nya! big_smile

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-01-30 23:57:14

Hi

If you are getting those errors you probably have a licensed voice that is unregistered. I remember when i first got Kate and Paul, it would say "This is to be used for testing and evaluation purposes only" The thing was it would say these messages then what ever sapi was to say and it got annoying.
I wouldn't recommend using the Microsoft voices unless you have to. You might be better off with Mike, Mary, or Sam rather than Anna because she's too quiet.
If you want really good voices, get neo speech.
I enjoy all of there voices more than realspeak.
Some realspeak voices might be good to get, but i don't like those as much as neo speech and I think they cost $60 a piece which seems too much.
I think neo speech costs about $25 or so and it's worth it to get those voices, because. they. are. good.
Hope that helps, and let me know in a post if it doesn't.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.