2012-01-20 18:23:25

Hi all.
So I got this video on youtube, and I just thought I should share it.
It's a play about an enterigation chamber. Note: the audio is 3-D and therefore sounds very real, like that "barbershop" thing.
Also, I must worn you, it does contain some violent scenes, so if you're scared easily or anything like that, I reccomend you don't listen to it.
the link is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u163wC6mP2A
Enjoy, and happy screaming! smile

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2012-01-20 19:48:31

Lol. I nearly screamed when I first heard it. big_smile It's really good though, I wish I had the equipment to make recordings like that.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2012-01-20 23:47:25

ah, these things are fantastic.
anyone else remember the similar thing they have in disney world? or at least they did, I believe it was called sounds dangerous or something.

2012-01-21 04:28:20

this may sound violent or too cruel but... i was laughing when they used the saw with the guy, but yes, it sounded really really realistic. and when they put the sound in the equipment i was about to scream, hehe.

After years, i finally changed my signature! But i don't know what to say :D

2012-01-21 13:30:23

that's absolutely great. imagine what if the movies will be made in 3d sound.
you will have nightmares every night.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2012-01-21 18:12:28

oh yea. i would like to listen that, muhuhuhuhahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa! that, would, be, greeeeaaaat!

After years, i finally changed my signature! But i don't know what to say :D

2012-01-22 04:52:54

How nice! I have 3D mikes, but they aren't nearly as good as that...
Thank you for sharing this.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2012-01-22 13:42:06

You're lucky even to have 3D microphones. I am going to buy some binaurals soon, but I doubt it'll be as good as the sound in that. Not that i'm going to try murdering someone just to make sure it sounds as good big_smile. Seriously though, I showed it to my sighted sister and as soon as they got those knifes, she screamed. big_smile haha It was so funny.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2012-01-22 15:30:49

The closest I could get was turning my headphones inside out and plugging them into the microphone jack, hehehe... an the overall quality and noise kinda makes it not worth it.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-01-22 17:38:33

Hi.
i must ad mit i wasn't really scared. sincethe sounds affects where ok but not great.
i mean a chees greater?erm what u gonna do with that'? well i guess you could great the skin tellyou blead but again that would take a lot of time wich  the person doesn't have. oh well lucky he didn't choose that one huh?

the acting was good so over all hmm 9 out of ten. lol just because i think 3d audio is amazing, cool, and, erm, super!

I'm gone for real :)

2012-01-25 12:55:50

I hope to hear 3-D sound in movies soon, or even better, in games. smile
BTW, if anyone knows of any other similar recordings done with 3-D sound, can you please share them in this topic?
It would be great to hear more.
After I found that one, I couldn't get any other good ones, apart from the barbershop one.

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2012-01-25 23:14:30

Yeah. I too would love to hear more.

2012-01-26 01:42:29

Hi,

There is an iPhone app which has lots and lots of 3D binaural recordings. Time to take out my super hacking skills and provide them. big_smile

There is more than one app actually. one is called "3D Sound Illusions", that's the only one I remember the name of. However, that one just has basic recordings like the hair cut, but then stuff like night ambience and things. It's definitely fun.

Then there are those ambience apps. Some of them provide amazingly high quality 3D recordings for various different places, and you can even make little combos. I managed to create myself a preset, with which I was able to fall asleep deeply quickly, using a mixture of amazing ambience and very, very light music in the background. tongue And that doesn't happen often. however I did manage to fall asleep playing Bokurano Daiboukenn once. Well, sort of anyway.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2012-01-26 12:31:32 (edited by SLJ 2012-01-26 12:39:47)

Hi.
I don't find this video scaring at all, but sounds very realistic.
Edit:
check out this if you wanna be scared:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhl7Zld6GTQ
I warn you: this is hardcore stuff!
Enjoy! )

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2012-01-27 09:49:19

Hi,
That was sort of scary, but i didn't really get what was going on.

2012-01-27 13:22:54

hi
pretty good, i cant stop crying after hearing that guy being grinded by that small machine though.

rest of it was good though.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2012-01-28 10:40:43

I didn't liked it much. It was  boring to me. People were only hanging and hanging. And one man said that he's gonna cut my head, but he didn't. Why? Lol.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2012-01-29 11:09:20

because they were crazy men, of course!

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2012-01-30 08:06:41

hi
yeah lol it was kind of boring.

I'm gone for real :)