2012-01-27 12:27:16

Hi,
Is there dectalk for jaws? Where can I find it? I hope it is not illegal to do that, because I am looking for dectalk sapi or dectalk for jaws everywhere!

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2012-01-27 13:12:45

dectalk for jaws?
what do you mean by that!

looking to the app that you suggested, it seems that dectalk app has overall a different voice!

if you could go about creating dectalk things with jaws, i would be glad to check it.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2012-01-27 13:30:24

Hi,
If you check out the potcasts of Kelly sapergia, you will found out that Kelly Sapergia is using dectalk  with jaws. How can I find it?

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2012-01-27 13:33:20

can you give the link of which podcast that fellow was going about using dectalk with jaws?

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2012-01-27 13:45:52

He hasn't did a podcast about using jaws with dectalk, but here is his website:
http://www.ksapergia.net

2012-01-27 14:17:10

Hi,

Freedom Scientific no longer sells a copy of Decgtalk Access for Jaws. That was sold several years ago, and now no longer support or sell Dectalk
Access.

You use to buy Fonix Talk, the same thing only in SAPI form, from Fohnix, but I am given to believe Fonix no longer supports or sells the SAPI version either. So I think you are out of luck.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com

2012-01-27 14:21:24

ok tward, now that was at least informative

2012-01-27 14:43:41

Hi,
I will contact kelly sapergia and request a copy. I want it!

2012-01-27 15:12:15

hi.
hmm how about downloadingwindow eyes? then you can use dec talk i think.
after that uninstall window eyes then you should have a dec talk symth.
hmm or if you could some hell find a vertion of jaws 9 you can instal dec talk using that.
i don't no about any other way sorry.

I'm gone for real :)

2012-01-27 15:27:58

I don't think you will have a dectalk when you uninstall window eyes.

2012-01-27 15:30:59

Hi,

Neither of those ideas will work.

First, the version of Dectalk for Jaws is tied specifically to your Jaws license. If you aren't licensed for it Dectalk will not work with any other version of Jaws than the one it is licensed for. In fact, it won't even work with versions of Jaws above 7.0 as I recall.

The version of Dectalk that comes with Window-Eyes is proprietary to Window-Eyes only. In other words if you install Window-eyes no other screen reader besides Window-Eyes can use it.  Plus it is tied to the Window-Eyes license so you can forget the idea of installing the Window-Eyes demo and running Dectalk with Jaws.

Finally, as for Kelly's game review/demonstration it was recorded using Window-Eyes not Jaws. That's how Kelly happened to be using Dectalk. It comes with Window-eyes, and at this point if you want that synth you are going to have to purchase Window-eyes 7.5.2 to get it, because it isn't available for any other screen reader since Fonix discontinued making the Dectalk Access software, and I believe GW Micro is the only screen reader manufacturer to still hold a Dectalk license.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive

2012-01-27 17:02:47

Hi,
I don't think it is window eyes. I remember he was said I use jaws for windows. And dectalk of window eyes doesn't sound like the Kelly Sapergia's dectalk. I tried the dectalk of 6.1. I am not sure it is changed or not since 6.1.

2012-01-27 18:13:05

Hi,
Yeah, I thought he said he was using jaws for windows too.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2012-01-27 19:35:37

When talking about DECTalk, do you know where/how I can get a program to modiphy the voices and make the s's and f's louder?

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2012-01-28 05:56:32

Hi,

Well, even if Kelly were using Jaws with Dectalk my point still stands. The version of Dec Accessz that was specifically made for Jaws for Windows is an older release of the software and is tied to a specific Jaws license, and to my knowledge Freedom Scientific no longer sells it.

I'm not specifically sure which version of Dectalk Access Window-Eyes uses, but I do know there was a 5.0 version of Dectalk Access which I believe Window-Eyes uses in 7.0 and later, but can't absolutely sware to it since GW Micro doesn't actually say what version they are using.

I can say though that Dectalk 5.0 does sound different from 4.6.1, and that is one reason I believe the version that ships with Window-Eyes is probably 5.0.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive

2012-01-28 10:10:26

Thanks for the info. I will continue with NVDA, when I want DECTalk.

2012-01-28 13:13:52

Hi.
i use jaws nine and dec talk.
so it is posbile with that number of jaws.

2012-01-29 10:12:58

Brad, thanks for the info. I haven't used Jaws in years so I wasn't certain as to which version of Jaws dropped support for the older Dectalk Software sold through Freedom Scientific.

Just so people know my primary experience is with Window-Eyes and now NVDA. I use to be a Jaws user, but switched to Window-Eyes around 2003 or so, and switched to NVDA full time in 2010. So that's where I'm coming from.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive

2012-01-29 15:01:22

hi.
ahh i see.
yep N.V.D.A is great!

2012-01-29 15:36:19

I like NVDA because of its additionel synhesizer support for free.