2011-12-20 12:47:25 (edited by nyanchan 2011-12-20 12:48:10)

Hi.
I have released my new game called "World of war".
It is an exciting shooting game like Judgment day.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10243904/wEnglish.zip
Please click this link to download the game.
Please read my explanation, before you play a game.
This game was translated into English from Japanese.
However, I was not able to translate bonus movies and cutscenes.
The manual of English of this game does not exist yet.
I want you for me to help making an English manual.
And I want a lot of opinions about this game.
Please try a game, if you agree with me.

Game controls:
left and right arow:move
left control:fire weapon
1-5 keys:switch weapon
up and down arow key:switch weapon
H key:speak your hit point
L key:speak current level
S key:speak current score
R key:speak number of rockets
N key:speak number of nukes
escape key:quit the game and back to the main menu

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2011-12-20 12:50:30

hi
I am going to download it

2011-12-20 13:17:15

hmm, I think it's really fun. I know that we have a lot of these games out there, but I still love them for what they're worth.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2011-12-20 15:03:13

Yukionozawa, I'm always looking forward to your games! Thank you very much for translating this!
I'm going to post later some feedback, once I tried it.

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2011-12-20 15:06:49 (edited by MasterChief 2011-12-20 15:08:19)

hi
I beat it
but, I unlocked   more than 7 trophys
when I go to the bonus trophys menu
the menu is emty.

the same thing to the movies
but there is one movi
called intro
what can I do?

2011-12-20 15:07:40

Thankyou!
I'm looking forword to your feedback.

2011-12-20 15:15:21

Very nice going, the sfx and music are extremely good, and the game is fun.

I only have a few questions.

Firstly, what is the difference betwene the weapons? and do you have infinite amo with all the guns? Currently it seems the shotgun can do one hit kills but fires slowest, while the speed machine gun is super fast in short birsts, however I see litle point in using the regular machine gun at all.

in fact I barely used the rockits and nukes for this reason.

I'm not sure how far through the game I got, but I played for a good while and unlocked a bunch of trophies and a couple of movies.

My only issue with the game thus far, is that currently it seems extremely! close to judgement day. The machine gun, the enemies (though I believe there were two different sorts of rockits), even the unlockables.

while this isn't a problem, currently i'm not sure how much of the game is unique. this is especially a concern in Space invaders games where we have so many.

At the moment it seems that World of war is a very solid and good example of a space invaders game, but nothing special for someone who has played Judgement day.

this was certainly not the case with Laser Breakout which certainly was a game of a kind we haven't seen in audio before.

Perhaps World of war does have more unique elements that I am missing in the different weapons and enemies or the game's setting, which currently I don't know about.

Even if English translations of the movies can't be done, you could provide us with some translated dialogue just so that we get the plot of the game.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-12-20 15:22:35

Hi.
i agree with dark on this. the game is very like jujment day in its way of being played.
sorry i can't spell your name but you always make great games. and i really like the music and sound aafex. although the machene gun kind of disapointed me.since it sounded like the one from jujment day and it has a strange sound when you shoot. you get the shot sound but at the end of that sound is a little fump sound that shouldn't be there in my appinyoun.

I'm gone for real :)

2011-12-20 15:36:43

Hello,
Whoever said the menu is empty, that's not true. the menu will unlock as you play, think of it like a bunch of locked doors. so as you go down you will actually find not only the ones you unlocked, but a bunch of closed ones.
I have a suggestion: might it be possible to add a command like in judgement day where you can check how much of the level is complete? for instance, in judgment day if you press s, it says, 3 ships left if you have 3 left to destroy then it goes on to the next level.

2011-12-20 15:37:57

And that was anotherthing which increased the game's similarity to Judgement day (I'm also not sure whether the helicopter and plane sounds were the same as well).

Apart from that though, I thought the sounds were pretty good I especially liked the sound of the spent shell bouncing away when you used the shot gun.

only one sound really confused me, the shattering sound when you hit a rockit, sinse it sounded as if you were breaking glass, ---- which seems an odd material for evil explosive enemy rockits to be made of big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-12-20 16:04:25

Hello,
For one, this game is really, really similar to Judgment day. But, in my opinion its a lot better. You have more weapons, more ships, etc.
The lag when you reload your gun is really nice, the helicopters have great sounds (which are not the same as in jD btw), the planes are really, really hard to kill and later on the final boss has more intelligence.
Heres what I think of the weapons:
The machine gun is slow, but damages more.
The speed machine gun is fast, damages less and has a reload lag.
The shotgun is the slowest, but it can kill some ships with one hit, especially on the lower levels. Disadvantage: it cannot damage airplanes and ships later on.
This allows a lot more flexibility, especially because you can use the shotgun at first, then switch to the machine gun, and it the area needs some more bullet spreading you can switch to the speed machine gun. And of course, if things go extremely bad, you can always use missiles (I love how they track the closest ship) and nukes, to unleash the ultimate doom.
My only problem, and this is because of the lack of documentation, is that I don't know how I can earn trophies.
I can guess, for instance that the sniper trophy has to do with the shotgun and a certain number of one-hit kills, but I'm not entirely sure about the rest.
At this state, we could probably write a key command reference, about the weapons and how they work, how to navigate in the menus and what they do, but nothing more.
Once again, thanks for translating the game, its great!

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2011-12-20 19:28:18

Hello,
I've found some bugs relating to the scoreboards. it always says my score is low and in the rocket shot board, no one comes up. i have let the game through my firewall. this is a bit annoying as i got a pretty good on rocket shot but i couldn't post it. it just says, 1@ -, 2 @ -, it doesn't say names or comments.

2011-12-20 19:38:56

how do i use the misles?
It keeps saying that i got some but i don't know how to use them.

devin

2011-12-20 19:58:39

okay, this maybe like jd, but I'm going to say this. I acctually like this. dood, do you have skype, would be cool to talk to you more about this, I like your version of this, again, yeah its jd like, but I love it, and its free. I love it love it love it

2011-12-20 20:12:23

what does w do, makes a sound like somting turning on

2011-12-20 20:17:24

w turns on and off the wall hit. So you know whe you hit a wall, that is. It doesn't matter whether it is on or off.

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2011-12-20 20:41:31

Hi,
Just thought I'd say, just tried the game out and posted my score. Since I never bought judgement day I don't mind the cimularaties.

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2011-12-20 20:50:17

When I start the game, it tells me to put my name in so it can post the score. It says press tab after you write your name, I do that and nothing happens. I can't get to the game. What's up with that?

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2011-12-20 20:56:10

Hey,
Press enter. Then type in your name, and press tab.

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2011-12-20 22:37:22

i love this game! it is very fun, and the sounds are nice. It is indeed like judgment day. Could you possibally give me the japeneese version? maybe icould help translate.
thanks,

I like to fly! I especially like to fly passed burning debris! wait, that's me isn't it. how unfortunate.
Hit me up on skype!
powergamer8

2011-12-21 00:26:36

Pretty damn cool, although it's a little on the long side. Plus I think it's downright impossible to go through without taking damage, your ship just moves too slow in the later levels. I only made it to level 10, but I was happy I got some trophies even when I died.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2011-12-21 00:38:37

I think I only counted 59 trophies ... anyway, it beats judgment day in every way except the movies.

2011-12-21 09:06:16

Hi,
I think your game is great! I played it, but when I try to send my score, I am waited for 20 or 30 seconds, but my score didn't sent, so I quit. But it is great!

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-12-21 09:51:56 (edited by nyanchan 2011-12-21 09:54:00)

Thank you for a lot of feedback.
For the following purposes, I made this game.
Judgment day does not work by Japanese computer.
In order to use it, we had to change a special settings.
And after changing the settings, our screen reader stops working.
I changed the settings and played judgment day.
And it was very wonderful.
I wanted to provide many Japanese with a wonderful game like JMD.
My RPG has not been translated yet.
I announced the Bokurano daiboukenn 2 on December 5.
It is a side scroller and it has 100 levels!
I have a trophy list of World of war.
I am going to translate it in the near future and to send to you.
Btw, you can press the arrow key  quickly while you are playing game.
Holding down arrow key will play a game difficult.
The digital rocket will pursue a target and will destroy it certainly.

2011-12-21 10:14:39

Hi,
I think you shall make a save game feature.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page