2011-12-05 09:04:51 (edited by brad 2011-12-09 12:46:18)

Hi everyone, i've forgoten my password for my pay pow account my dad created it about to years ago and i never used it but now i would like to use it but when ever i click problem loging in? i click the radeo button that says forgotten password and enter my e-mail adress get the mail, click the link in the mail but it just brings me to the home of pay pow.
also i tryed creating another account using my e-mail adress but it says i nead to log in because it noes i have a pay pow acount.
so could someone help me?
i really would like to set a account up.
thanks.

I'm gone for real :)

2011-12-05 09:29:00

hi Brad.
Firstly, I love the idea of pay pow! pay or we shoot you! lol!

it's actually pay pal, as in p a l!

Second, as to your password, make certain your clicking the right link in the mail. I've never used that system for paypal, but often their mails have a "if you need to do more go to www.paypal.com" type of link, so read the mail carefully and make absolutely certain your clicking the right link, ie, the one that sends you a new password.
if you do run into problems though, Paypal's customer services are very good, and I've phoned them myself.

They are such a major company they have to have good public relations.

I'd very much advise you to choose a password which is different from your usual one, and is long and complex, but possible to remember.

my normal password that I use on forums and such is nine characters long and just has letters, and even if I need a number I just stick an extra one in.

My password for paypal though is 18 characters long, completely different and involves letters and numbers and a capital as well, yet is something I can always remember.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-12-05 09:40:10

hi there is only one link there so i click it. hmm i might ring the paypal people up and see what they can do about it.
wooow. 19 chars long?
hmm na i think i will just stick to my rejula password or maybe ad a cupple more letters.
thanks for the help dark.

2011-12-05 09:42:29

yes!
I did it.
all i had to do was copy the link because the click here link didn't work
thanks again dark.

2011-12-05 10:03:12

Moderation!

Double posting not good brad.

I'm glad you got paypal sorted.

I'd advise you to try and make as long and complex a password for paypal as you can remember, sinse afterall that is the major targit for hackers to get at your money. That is also why i personally have paypal tied only to a creddit card with a 500 pound limit and not to my actual bank account, sinse that way if someone hacks my details and attempts to charge 2000 pounds, it's not gone from my bank, and I can cancel the creddit card transaction.

It's also handy to have a creddit card sinse there is the odd firm that doesn't use paypal but does accept them, such as avg.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-12-05 10:31:12

Hi dark, sorry about dubble posting, i won't do it again. I was just so excitted that i got it working finaly.
hthanks for the advince.

2011-12-05 11:34:28

don't worry, just remember next time.

I'm glad you've got paypal in order now, sinse it's a very necessary thing to have if your doing anything serious online.

2011-12-06 10:31:58

Sorry, but what is PayPaw?

Alex

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2011-12-06 10:43:00

He meant paypal, ie, the internet payment and money service.

2011-12-06 12:15:06

It's basically a very simple way to manage and transfer money.
Most (including myself) use it for taking donations, or payment for games or software. It's almost necessary in todays online world.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2011-12-06 12:38:28

I know PayPal... Lol... I thought it was a kind of game... big_smile

Alex

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4