2011-11-28 14:28:20

Does anyone knows if it's possible to get a software version of the voice that Hawking uses?
It's the same voice in the Prose-2000 from Speech Plus (made in 1982). It sounds a lot like DECTalk's Poul, but it isn't...

Alex

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2011-11-29 09:40:11

Well alex, I believe the synth he uses is on a custom piece of equipment used to help him speak, so it might not be a conventional one.

I think perfect paul from decktalk is the closest you can get.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-11-29 09:50:26

I think you're right...

Alex

2011-11-30 06:35:52

hey alex, i heard haukings voice and one time it sounded like a voice from voice over used on the mac o s x. If there is a voice like this its reed from e t i elliquence, but it is a bit different sounding. Is there  way to get this voice from voice over for windows? its the one used when installing mac o s x, but when mac is finished installing and voice over is activated i think the voice switches to samantha or the mail voice.

I no longer use skype like I used to, so feel free to follow me on twitter at rockmasterrob for updates, to chat and all that good stuff. I follow any and everybody back who follows me.

2011-11-30 08:07:34

I don't think you can get voice over for windows... And the voice you're thinking of is Fred, I think... It sounds a bit like him, and i think a hybrid between Fred and Poul would be almost perfect... (Almost... big_smile)

Alex

2011-11-30 13:19:37

Hi,
I want the voice that's used in the macintosh, the male voice. He sometimes breathes, and he sounds a little realistic.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-12-04 08:57:33

Hi burak,
unforchanutly u can't get the voice for windowds.
you must own amac computer to get the alix voice.
hope this helps.

I'm gone for real :)