2011-11-14 12:50:25

Hi all,
well, the subject doesn't actually explain much, so here goes.
Basically, our college is organising a charities day this friday and one of the events we've got going on is a tallent show. 
The reason i say "musical help required" is that i've just been told that we need some music for the show, however apparently due to us using it to make money we cant use lisenced music such as the britains got tallent theme for legel purposes.
My question is, are any of you able to compose a little something to help us out? this really makes me wish i had the equipment and experties to do so, as it'd be something i'm really interested in but are unsure of where to start.  i was thinking of asking Andre louis, however i don't know him that well and kind of felt bad as i'm not sure how willing he'd be; also i wanted to expand our options. 
once again sorry about the short notice, I honestly had no idea this would be required until earlier this morning. 
Any help be it music or pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! 
Thank you all in advance. smile

2011-11-14 16:39:54

I can tap out a neat little tune on my table.  Tap tap tap, tap tap.  Oh wait, I messed that up.  Tap tap, tap, tap.  Crap.  Okay never mind, I have no musical ability whatsoever.  big_smile

But in all seriousness, I bet there are plenty of very talented people here who would be able to help.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-11-14 16:58:40

Hi,

Sigh... You hit me at a very inconveniont date. I'm a composer/producer/all that, but I'm not home this week so I'm quite limited. Sorry. I'd have helped, but...
The way this goes, I might not be able to. When would you need it exactly?

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2011-11-14 17:45:37

Do you have a specific type of music (genre / etc ) in mind?

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-11-14 18:14:01

thanks guys, i'm glad i asked here, you're all so awesome. big_smile
hi cae, not specifically.  just something that might sound like a show tune?  if that doesn't help, i'll get back to you in a couple hours or so and let you know if there indeed is anything specific that i'm not aware of.

2011-11-14 18:32:55

I have a song that I wrote for a fake commercial a few years ago that never got used. I don't know if it'd work so well, but here's a midi:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16520690/irm.mid

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-11-14 22:23:16

You know Cae, that actually might work, definitely something like it at least. smile
As i said before, i'd love to learn how to create things like that myself as it sounds as though it'd bea a lot of fun and fiddling with sound definitely interests me although as i said i'm not sure where to get started with anything such as goldwave or   and the like.  i've just never really had the time on my hands until now

2011-11-14 22:40:45

tap tap tap tap, tap tap, tap, tap, tap tap. Lol. For starters, I'd recommend qws. It's free and lightweight. Lol Aprone, I'd like to consider myself fairly great at table top drumming. I'll send you a recording if you want lol.

2011-11-15 01:20:59

I use NoteWorthy Composer (the only catch to the free version is that you can't save a single file more than ten times, and you can't do certain things to files made by registered users. I've got the registered version on two computers, but I've wound up using ones without it more often lately).
It is semi accessible with Jaws and NVDA (Jaws seems to do better in that it can partly recognize when you're selecting notes and things, and even its association of symbols with letters has a bit of a pattern to it). Any object in the sheetmusic can be converted into a text description by pasting it into a text editer (or into the find dialog, which is what I usually do with Jaws if I'm confused) (Or, with NVDA, just copy something and press NVDA+C).
Granted, I don't think I've ever heard anyone else mention using NWC, so I don't think it's all that popular, heh. It's worked well enough for me that I've been using it for about nine years now.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-11-15 01:27:27

hmmm... i'll have a look into it, should have some time tomorrow to mess around.  speeking of which, i will show some people that little file, i'm actually rather liking it. big_smile

2011-11-15 13:44:30

Tap tap tap, tap ta ta tap ta ta tap.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-11-15 16:43:57

Burak, I would like to ask you not to submit posts like that in the future, and others as well. I know others began their posts in a similar way but they had something meaningful and constructive to say afterwards. There is nothing else in your post other than that so your post effectively served to just clutter up the forum in exactly the same way as spam.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2011-11-27 00:37:48

lol! tab tab tab, tab, tab, tab tab! hahahahahahahahaha! very funny i guess, but this isn't my real messaje. Hahahahahaha!
If you are a musician and know a lot of the midi terms and such thinks, sertainly i recomend qws, since it is really light, but you can have fun. As a keyboardplayer that i am, i love to make music, even if it already was done, just to see how it sounds and that things; well, that is my first distractor hahahahahaha, especially because i use the ownscreen keyboard. I know this isn't so much advanced, but i love to create songs step by step, and finally see how the things are all togeter. Lol! i guess that this was a long post anyway. Working to get my hundred th post! smile smile smile smile.

After years, i finally changed my signature! But i don't know what to say :D