2011-06-18 23:37:14 (edited by daniel 2011-06-18 23:38:49)

Hi everyone,
I have installed the VST bridge and have installed all the plugins that I am going to use for this project.
I finnish the recording proses then I go to the affect menu and press enter on 1 of my plugins.
They are all unavalible.
Is ther eany way to hilight the track?
It said that on the audasity forum but I don't know how to do it with jaws.
Or is there something else I am not doing right?
Thanks,

Daniel

2011-06-19 04:15:31

Yes. Press control a.
BTW, newer versions of Audacity, I believe 1.3.5 and later do not require the VST bridge. 1.2.6 does though.
HTH

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2011-06-19 04:41:05

thanks.
Just a nother quick question.
Is there any way to select a spacific track or jump to the end so you can record from where you left off?
Thanks,

Daniel

2011-06-20 16:07:18

I know you can record another track and probably put it at the end but I don't know how. Sorry.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-06-21 02:52:32

hi,
sorry this is really off topic but what
do you use for your recording and editing?
Thanks,

Daniel

2011-06-21 20:36:47

Hi,
On my laptop I use gold wave my self but sometimes on my pc I use audacity just for podcasts.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-06-22 04:38:42

hi,
I have goldwave as well.
Can you please tell me how you can do editing in gold wave?
Like adding affects and also to take out parts that you screw up on?
I.E you get killed in a game and you want to remove it?
Also, like affects?
Is there a way to add echo that swort of thing?
Thanks,

Daniel

2011-06-22 05:19:59

HI,
Of course. Didn't you explore the effects menu? Thee are a number of tutorials that I have on the subject done by someone for FTP; I could archive those and send them your way.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-06-22 08:25:17

hi,
could you please send it our way? because i'm also facing a lot of problems using GoldWave.
regards,

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2011-06-22 15:16:07

Hi,
Yeah I'll upload those and upload them. I'll get you the lonk later today.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-06-22 20:22:48

thanks for sending them that would be great.
Thanks again,

Daniel

2011-06-30 06:33:14

Hi. Is there a way to pan sounds, like put a sound or track at 70 percent of the sterio field like in windows XP's old balance trackbar? Or will I have to just find another edditor?

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2011-06-30 08:44:18

I don't know sorry. You could probbably do it on goldwave because that's more advanced and has more advanced features but maybee not on audacity. Sorry I couldn't be more help,
Best regards,
Lauren

2011-06-30 16:07:57

Its OK. :-)
Well, I figured out one way, there is a mixer thing in the edit menu of audacity 1.3. Only problem is, it won't let me aply it to selected areas. So, I suppose I'll have to get goldwave. Ugh.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2011-06-30 16:44:14

I know how to pan sounds in wavepad...
That's actually designed as a plus version feature, but there's a way around that using paste mix. I don't think I was ever able to get it to work with NVDA, though; I usually use the Jaws curser to click off to the right of the stereo slider in the mix box.
The trial version lets you use the normal stereo pan feature for a few days, though.

I have to imagine it's easier with goldwave.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-06-30 17:06:34

Well I wish there was a free way of doing this without... Well.. Breaking a few laws, because I have no money of my own and I'm not sure Mom would pay for something I'm only going to use a few times a month probably.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2011-07-01 10:56:34

So far as I know there's nothing illegal about exploiting the paste mix trick for panning in wavepad. It's considerably less convenient than using the normal stereo pan feature? Especially since it requires clicking on something that screen readers have trouble finding.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-07-01 11:10:50

hi,
cae,
he is not talking about trick, he is talking about wawepad.
and lauren, how you do that in gold wave? please tell me.

This is not a signature.

2011-07-01 21:48:19

hi druv. I don't know sorry I was just saying you might be able to. I'll have a look tonight and right back smile

2011-11-22 09:13:13

Before any of you give up on Audacity and/or consider it less advanced than Gold Wave, try reading the Audacity 1.3.13 Guide.

It explains a few work-arounds a screen reader user may use for certain tasks, and is generally an extremely well-written supplement to the Audacity manual.

2011-11-23 14:10:01

Moderation!

Sorry to interupt the discussion but just to appologize for missing the spam post in this topic for such a long time. Thanks to Splendid fault for realizing this and reporting it.

While reporting of obvious spam posts is a pain, reporting of ones we've missed is very handy if they've been on the forum for more than 24 hours.

Any questions, please ask in the reporting topic in general discussion.

Okay, back to audacity.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-11-23 15:15:58 (edited by AlexN94 2011-11-23 15:17:05)

Hi

Mark the part of the recording you want to pan, go to Effects>Stereo>Channel mixer. Press shift+tab and you'll be at the right channels volume. Default is 100. Press shift+tab three times, and you reach the left channel.
To pan, go to Effects>Stereo>Pan. Here are some presets that you can try to use. I can maybe help a little more, but it would be to difficult (not sure about the spelling of that word... sorry) to write in a forum post. But you can sent me an e-mail and I will try to answer as soon as I can...

Alex

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4