2011-10-28 17:01:56

Hi, i was wondering, if i delete a dropbox folder and another person has items in that folder will dropbox remove the items from my computer and keap them in the other peoples?
because i no longer want to be a part of the newest gaming folder and i deleted it.
i am really sorry if this corzed people to loose any of the items in the folder.

I'm gone for real :)

2011-10-28 17:38:06

I don't think it'll affect the other people.
I don't know though. Sorry.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-10-28 17:39:06

don't worry, thanks for trying to help though. thank you very much

2011-10-28 17:45:36

I think it does, I'm not sure. Because in the sounds folder, one user was decided to leave and all sounds were gone. But I  stil not sure.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-10-28 21:22:26

o yeah, forgot about that. big_smile

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-10-29 09:55:09

I think too that it does, because what burak and lauren said.

This is not a signature.

2011-10-31 20:26:51

Hi,
yeah i want to be removed from a shared folder but i can't find any thing to help me.

2011-11-01 13:11:11

Click on that folder, click on members, and remove button or something. Note: Do that from the website.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-11-04 02:58:35

I even believe there is a "leave folder" option in the Dropbox context menu.
The whole point of sharing a folder is that everyone has the same access rights to it, so if you delete a file from there, or the whole folder, it will of course affect everyone else whom you're sharing it with. That's why the leave option is there.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.