2011-11-01 16:04:28

Hi! I try play the game legend of the green dragon and I notice, that ling is linked to another site, which doesn't countains any LOTGD. Please, could You remove this game or add another link? Thank You, Marco Oros

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2011-11-01 17:16:27

I know the link is no longer working, but I've been unable to find where the main logd server has gone sinse all the links on sites like dragons of myth don't work either.

Until I hear any news about it there's litle I can do.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-11-01 17:59:53

Hi there,

If wished I can host a Legend Of the Green Dragon version (The latest of DragonPrime) on my server. This would be up... I almost said forever, but well, it'll be up anyway, if so desired. Except a few mods and stuff that I've seen on the official server, I don't think I'll install/modify much. Also, this is just if demmanded. Just offering my help here. smile

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2011-11-01 18:21:21

Well ghorthalen, that's a good offer, however i'm pretty certain there are stil servers running versions of the game anyway, certainly the mods like dragons of myth and dragonlaw are stil going.

What I'm more concerned about is where the main developement version of the game, modules and other resources are, sinse obviously if people are going to play logd, they want a dynamic and popular version that's stil having developement of modules done on it, however all the links I've found on other logd sites for the main logd version just lead to that 404, which is irritating!

Eddit: fear not, the dragon returns! the main dragonprime site with the latest version of the game is deffinately up and running and can be found here in fact they're now up to 1.20 which is odd sinse the last version I heard of was 1.06.

I've updated the database entry and will update the description in a moment.

For the record though, all I had to do to find this was type "legend of the green dragon dragon prime" into google which lead me streight to the main site for the developement community, and the latest version of the game.

maybe they had a site crash, sinse when I tried this a few months ago, I got zippo, stil it wasn't exactly hard to find.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-11-01 18:34:01

Hi,

Yepp, that's exactly what I was going to do, run the latest version I could find. And you wouldn't have to fear anyway, there's a dragon right here. *Points at myself* Lol! Maybe I could run a backup server, just in case something bad happens yet again... If not just to say I have one.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2011-11-01 18:42:34

Dragon? waaaaaagh! the burgler wen that way! big_smile.

Seriously, run a server if you wish by all means, and I can always bang a link on the Logd entry just in case, though from the dragonprime site it does seem that everything with the game is going well, as in fact I'd expect now that people can play it on their Ipods.

Indeed as I said, it looks like they've gone through hole new versions of the codebase sinse I last played the game, I might even considder sticking my nose in to see what's been added, though to be honest I know logd too well for it to be really interesting to me anymore (I tried hogwarts live the other day but was put off because it was too much like Logd).

2011-11-01 19:19:40

Hi,
Lol. Too lazy to chase. I'd much rather talk about Audiogames!

Anyway. Yeah, exactly the same here. That's what I was maybe going to do when running a server, add more special events, definitely more areas to explore (Like lands and all that), special items, pets... Sounds like alot, but it's not that much really... Just trying to make the game a bit less repetative. Also, maybe level-restricted areas? I dunno.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2011-11-01 19:56:29

Well if you want to create your own logd varient feel free. Improbable island has done some extremely well, right to the point where logd code will no longer run on the game.

If you manage to make it different enough from standard logd the way dragons of myth is with it's crafting system or hogwarts live is with it's house system I might give it it's own entry page on the database.

I suppose my problem is logd was the first brouser game I played, indeed the first game I played on a pc using my screen reader back in about 2002.

I got to several dk's and stopped, and then got into a habbit of going back once a year to see what was new, wracking up enough dks to see most everything (usually betwene 2 and 6), then leaving again. I only stopped doing this in around 2007 and haven't been back sinse basically because I just found I knew the areas, monsters, and in game text too well to be interesting, and after about 2005, none of the modules I saw particularly changed the structure of the game the way previous ones had.

For instance, in one very early version there were only two towns, a village and a city which had very different shops and services, and then a castle in the forest that you could get to after one dk which had things like massive orcs to fight that gave major xp bonuses.

The really fun thing was the city, sinse if you got to level 15 there was a curious rock there which if you went to look at it let you fight the stone golem instead of the green dragon.

I think the golem text has been recycled for the quarries, but beating it in the city really was rather interesting sinse you got a different choice of starting classes from when you defeated the dragon.

On another occasion, a varient had tradable resources and areas you could search in to find them, indeed those were recycled in the first version of improbable island (though later dropped).

I think I'd love to see a logd varient which had more of the exploration. Different areas rather than just one forest with different monsters and events in them, and more choice based events and propper quests to do.

I will say improbable island did do very well in may ways, sinse it had things like targitable areas of each monster to make combat more interesting, a fully explorable map (though sadly there didn't actually seem much point in exploring sinse you couldn't find anything useful on the map), and a staminer system instead of the usual forest fights.