2011-10-17 19:31:40

hello all,

I have come up with a new website idea and would like your input on how useful it would be.

I wish to create a website aiming at basic technology users to begin with. By basic technology users, i mean those who find it hard to get use to basic tasks from opening an email, saving attachments and to doing research over the internet.

I know that there are many websites which already do something similar. but i believe there is no such website which has a centralised source for all the information. In the future i wish to have something for the advanced user too, but above is what i want to start off with.

So finally, could you please all give me your opinions and views on this idea? and i would also welcome any suggestions for a name of the website?

Thank you

2011-10-17 21:49:13

Hi,
That sounds like a good idea. Some sort of database with tutorials for the basic user. I'm also assuming that you're targeting the blind community?

2011-10-17 22:07:15

Yes i am targeting the blind community. I have tutorials in mind, but also things like manuals, software. Basicly so people don't have to look all over the internet to find something. Any ideas for a name?

2011-10-19 15:59:42

hi,

So do i understand from no response that this is not a good idea? Does no one have any suggestions?

2011-10-20 12:58:31

Hi,
It doesn't seem like it. I have given it a bit of thought, and no matter how hard I try, for the first time I actually can't think of a name.

2011-10-20 14:03:50

Hi,
Nor can i. It's not a bad idea really; but if it remains nameless you oobviousl can't do much.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-10-21 02:29:15

It's a good idea but it's the hardest to think of a name for.

everydayblindtutorials.com maybe?

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2011-10-21 14:00:07

Hi,
Hmmm...a little verbose, but serviceable.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-10-22 21:38:42

Something like blindcomputer.com might work as well.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2011-10-23 18:59:36

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestions. I am trying to think of a name where it is not too blind focused but tells someone that it is related to assistive tech if that makes sense. with that said, both above names are good. I will consider and let you know as soon as i have a made a decision.

One other point i wish to make is that this website is not out of those which will be up and running quickly. It will require time, effert and most importantly user feedback in order for it to be successful. However, i am planning to gather resources, build a draft website and then upload. This could take some time as i am a university student and will not be working on this full time. I hope that i will have your support as potential future users of this web resource.

thank you

2011-10-31 09:49:40

I don't know what you could call it. It's pretty difficult. haha
Great idea though. I'm sure it'll help new users very much.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln