2021-04-21 05:42:00

Hi guys.
What are your favorite games that have a high replay value? My favorite one sofar is slay the spire but I am starting to get bored of it after having put over 600 hours of play time into the game. So, I am looking for new games that have a high replay value and will keep me entertained for hours on end.
Feel free to drop any games except muds, too much typing for my liking.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2021-04-21 05:47:14

Hades

2021-04-21 05:59:41

King of dragon pass and six ages, not to mention warsim.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-04-21 06:20:37

Entombed (debatable, but there are tons of race-class combinations, and you absolutely can't do everything on one playthrough
BK3 (repetitive, but tons and tons of unlockables/upgrades)
Manamon 2 (lots of team options, so even if the story never changes, your team can)

Frankly though, most audio games have poor replay value.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2021-04-21 07:24:51

Thanks for your recommendations guys, they are great!
Haven't played entombed in a while so this might be an option if I can get it to run on win 10.
I haven't tried hades yet but I read good things about it so I will give it a try. Can it be played with only the keyboard? I don't have a controller at the moment and I am not willing to spend the money on one right now.

Stephen King

2021-04-21 08:14:11

Dungeon Crawl Stonesoup. Any roguelikes have endless replay value.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2021-04-21 08:20:10

Hades is playable with controller if you want to have aim assist, otherwise it is playable with keyboard and mouse so not really accessible way.

To be honest better to get a controller. This is just great thing to have for now and for the future.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2021-04-21 08:57:24

Agree with #6 there, DCSS. Or ADOM, though that one is a bit trickier to navigate.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2021-04-21 09:12:28

@8 what is ADOM? Never heard of that abbreviation.

Stephen King

2021-04-21 11:08:28

Ancient domains of mistery, a highly complex kind of story driven roguelike.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2021-04-21 11:24:37

parkboss and tube sim

2021-04-21 13:37:59

Hi,
There is a game, I can't remember if it's part of the choice of, or hosted games, app, but, it's called The Iron Destinies.
I don't know if it will give you exactly hundreds of hours, but it will give you a lot, as some playthroughs are short whilst others are long.

2021-04-24 20:44:55 (edited by JLove 2021-04-24 20:45:36)

Is Hades available on console, or is it only available on PC?  If it is available on console, is that version accessible to us, or are we required to use the PC version to play?

2021-04-24 20:55:38

I am going to agree and say Entombed. Not only are there tons and tons of class combinations, but each and every dungeon you play is totally random. Like nothing is set in stone literally except the bosses, the stairway branches and the location of the town. Really a shame Jason didn't do Entombed II.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2021-04-24 23:24:17

I'd say siralim ultimit, but not sure

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2021-04-24 23:42:51

Hi all.
Smugglers 5 is my favorite for the coming weeks. I've played it for over 20 hours already and haven't even done everything I wanted in my first playthrough yet. I am very happy that I was able to solve all the problems that I had with this game, and now I can play at full capacity.

My discord
Jitel#3538

2021-04-25 00:24:53

I'm seconding Warsim, but also adding path of adventure (mobile roguelike) as well as Slay the Spire and Choice of rebels from the choice of games library, along with several other titles of theirs.
Some of the gamebooks from chooseyourstory.com are also very long and well written with tons of paths, for instance Ground 0, eternal, Dead Man Walking, or Necromancer, among others.

2021-04-25 21:13:05

The wastes is still fun as well, really buggy though. I second path of adventure, with a warning that for me at least, it was harder than a lot of these types of games. Evelin's farm for iOS is good, too. Not really much replay value, but I played for a while before I was done with everything. If you're into incremental type games, they can also be fun, there's a topic in new releases with a bunch. The rest of the things I'm coming up with are either muds or text adventures so... That's it from me I guess.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2021-04-25 21:22:04 (edited by Lucas1 2021-04-25 21:22:50)

Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven, part of the hosted games label of Choiceofgames. You can play as many different professions with several different introductions to the game that set up several future plotlines (although the game is as of yet incomplete so some of those plotlines don't pay off) and you can take many different actions in most situations and pretty much pursue your own motivations within the bounds of the story progression. Do you want to become a leader of your group, help the leader make decisions or just follow them? Do you want to organize your group in such a way as to help everybody, or do you want to take group supplies for yourself and try to engineer deaths of problematic group members? Part 3 will come out this year I believe, and it is an extra 400000 words of content. The game is already maybe 800000 or 900000 words as is.

2021-04-26 12:46:55

Hi,
How did you get Smugglers 5 to work these days? I used to have Hal/Supernova and could play it with that, but haven't tried with NVDA or anything like that yet. Any tips?

2021-04-26 20:56:09

@20
There is an add-on for NVDA called golden cursor. It allows you to control the mouse  using the keyboard. If I can't click on an element, I just focus the cursor on it and move the mouse slightly up and to the right using keyboard commands. In this case, you can click on these elements.
Otherwise, all the techniques from the manual in the articles room work. Also, don't forget to turn on the blind mode every time you start the game.

My discord
Jitel#3538

2021-04-27 00:42:21

The Gate. Okay somebody can shoot me now hahahaha.

2021-04-27 00:58:05

Actually i rather liked the gate a lot.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-04-27 09:13:15

bokurano daibouken 3 and shadow rine.

2021-04-28 00:18:34

I have a question, then some recommendations of my own.
@defender could you please tell a bit about Choice of Rebels? I do not mind minor spoilers if you want to get some points across as to why you'd recommend it.
I now also recommend The Lost Heir trilogy, part of hosted games. Order is: Lost Heir Fall of Daria, Lost Heir Forging a Kingdom, and Lost Heir Demon War. It's from the same author who wrote Life of a Wizard and Life of a Mobster, and my gosh, the scale of this... is epic. This is a fantasy adventure, but it is different from Life of a Wizard. I think you can complete the whole adventure in around 5 or 6 hours but that's just my initial playthrough, on the web with a fast screen reader, if I was doing this on iOS it would have been much longer due to my reading speed. There's stuff I don't have any idea about such as achievements, and, one thing I've learned about is, apparently, your character can become a specific class. Weirdly my character studied in magic but somehow got a barde class because they enjoyed music and performed a lot, but maybe I just wasn't following my stats correctly? Apparently you can be a warrior and a seer, I don't know how to level up classes. I got level 2 in bard I think just by performing at innns.
On that note, please give Life of a Wizard and Life of a Mobster a play as well. Why? Part of the charm is it reads like a biography/account but you're the one making the choices. Trust me, the style alone is worth the entry fee, and remember you can always try demos.
Also, I can highly recommend the hosted game called Tin Star, it's long. I think it took me around 7 or 8 hours just for initial playthrough on iOS. This is the closest we'll get to something like Red Dead Redemption for quite some time methinks. This is a western, but honestly, this is one of the best implementations of the Choice of Games style I've ever experienced. Now, it has been a while since I've played it so I actually can't go into too many details here as to why as I don't remember everything, but what I will say, is this project actually made me speechless by the end and I have no regrets. I didn't even try the demo, I, um, bit the bullet and went straight for the full release and it was worth it. It made me so satisfied, and i will replay this one day to see if there's other endings.