2021-04-19 12:59:01 (edited by Krantikari 2021-04-23 05:24:36)

hi there everyone hope all are safe and healthy.
Krantikari here
with a question.
when ever I use sound card in my device and switch to SAPI 5 in NVDA the sound of SAPI 5 voice comes from device sound driver  that is Realtek. I have made my sound card as default output device but still the problem is there. I tried many things like restarting device and unpluging the soundcard and pluging  it again but no solution. there is no problem with  other things like playing music etc but problem exist for SAPI 5 only.
the amazing thing is when I switch the output device from my soundcard to Realtek  in NVDA the SAPI 5 voice will come from my soundcard.
so how could i fix it.
this problem is not only with NVDA but with other application like code 7 game.
so can anyone help me.
I don't want to format my computer.
sorry for the long post. thank you for your valuable time.

thanks and regards.
Krantikari
visit my Youtube channel for technical related stuff

2021-04-20 07:18:03

Hi Krantikari,

I suspect this could be related to sound settings specific for SAPI 5 in the Speech Control Panel applet.
Go to the Speech Properties dialog in the Control Panel, the same you use to set the default voice and rate when applications does not specify their own settings.
In the Text to Speech page of this dialog box, press the Advanced Options button (Audio Output if you are using Windows XP or older). There you can set if SAPI 5 voices will use the Windows default sound card (the option for use the preferred audio device) or specify a certain device is used regardless of the default audio playback device.
Although I think it's not your problem, also keep in mind that some applications might specify a different output devices than the default ones, even for SAPI 5 voices. By the way, for example, although by default it uses the default Windows settings both for SAPI 5 voices and for other sounds, in the Synthesizer options category (CTRL+NVDA+S) NVDA allows to specify a specific audio devices instead of the Microsoft Sound Mapper.

I hope this helps you.

Sorry for my bad English. I'm from Argentina and my level speaking this language is low.

2021-04-20 07:39:47

@fergregoire94
thank you very much.
the trick you shared worked.

thanks and regards.
Krantikari
visit my Youtube channel for technical related stuff