2021-04-13 08:37:55

@dan_gero, i've sent you an email.

2021-04-14 04:16:42

I cannot assist myself but would just like to say thanks to everyone who's doing so.  I've played part way through the game using the translation add on available for NVDA but gave up in what seemed to me to be one of the longest if not the longest dungeon.  I think it was down in the temple basement with tons of doors, floors ETC.  It's been a few years so I may be incorrect.  I will 100% gladly purchase this translation if those involved choose to charge for their work.
Thank you again.

2021-04-14 05:47:23

Oh, I'm really sorry. I got a package today and completely lost track of time. I'll get you in the folder now. Sorry again.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2021-04-14 06:20:44

hello everyone.
@dan_gero, that's alright, I admit I was getting worried that you didn't get my mail, but I got your mail now.
I do have a question though, I've never used a drop box folder before, and I have no idea how it works.
do all the invited people edit the file?
another question I have is about communication.
for example, if one of us has a doubt about something, where do whe ask it?
since we are working as a teem, I think there should be a way to communicate.
thanks in advance for any replys and sorry if I'm missing some thing obvious.
also, thanks again for doing this.

2021-04-14 06:25:58

@blind j, that dungeon is hard, but I made a guide for it in the articles room, so you can check that.
if theres some thing you don't understand in it, feel free to ask, though preferably in a different thread.
I actually know that dungeon by heart now, so I should be able to help you with any part of it.

2021-04-14 11:33:02

really sorry for the triple post, but since there has been a gap, I don't think it's too bad.
I've clicked on the link to the folder, but when I try to click on the language en.dat file, it says there is a problem with the preview.
I can't get the link to work, but I've noticed that I can download the file.
what am I supposed to do, and how does this work?
ps, sorry if this looks like I'm repeating myself, but the earlier question was more general, and I could continue without an answer.
obviously, I can't do that now.

2021-04-14 11:47:17 (edited by Magnus 2021-04-14 11:48:30)

You will have to open the file in a text editor in order to edit it, like Notepad-++.
Here's hoping that this work finishes without any problems, thank you for this amazing work guys. It's appreciated.

2021-04-14 13:05:24

I have notepad, but I can't find the open with menu if I don't download the file.
the reason I don't think I need to download, is because we can't work on the same file like I thought we were doing.
for example, let's say that I and Jayde were working on our own copies.
he uploads his version, and after a day or 2, I also upload mine.
then, Jayde's work will be lost and replaced by mine, and that's not working as a teem.
this is why I'm looking for clarification about how this works.

2021-04-14 13:41:16

@Dangero, great dude! I can't help sadly as my knowledge of japanese is not enough but I am with you on that!

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2021-04-14 15:16:02

@kavya: I am guessing, that the team will divide the work between each other. For example, Jayde will translate that volcano part, you the lake part, and Dan_Gero for the temple part, and then combine the work done by all of you.

2021-04-14 15:39:55

@starfire, that could also be true, and to be honest, I hope it is, since the story is huge.
though again, nothing can be dun until we get some clarification.

2021-04-14 16:03:45

I could join if I knew a bit Japanese, but I don't know anything about it. The only languages I know of are Hindi, English, and a bit aware of Spanish. So, I am taking a back seat smile!

2021-04-14 17:04:02 (edited by Dan Gero 2021-04-14 17:05:38)

Actually Starfire, that's great that you know Spanish, because we were looking to translate the game into other languages as well after we're done with the English translation. As for your question Kavya, for communication there is the Discord server which I have posted in comments.txt near the bottom. You'll have to go up a few lines to find it though. Maybe I should put that in a separate file. smile Also, you'll have to install both the Dropbox desktop app and Notepad Plus Plus onto your computer. For Dropbox just visit dropbox.com/download, and for Notepad Plus Plus I can't remember where to download it, but you should find it if you type download Notepad Plus Plus into your search engine of choice. HTH.

TWITCH

2021-04-14 17:29:36

@112, other than myself, I don't know of anyone else on the team who knows Japanese fluently. Noone has actually mentioned how much they know, but most seem to know some words and phrases only, so it definitely isn't a problem if you don't know any. smile

Discord: clemchowder633

2021-04-15 07:44:28

How about Filipino? smile Are you also interested on translating shadow rine on that language? If so, I'll gladly help out. smile

2021-04-15 11:05:44

The more languages the better I'd say. If we're gonna have people translate the game into different languages, I think we should wait until the English translation is finished. I'm not sure what the others think, but one of the biggest issues right now is some of the game controls can't be translated at all, and we'll have to finish everything and ask the developer to add some of the translations on the game side.

TWITCH

2021-04-20 07:30:57

Hey guys...
I have realized over the last few days that I have made things super difficult for new members joining the translation project due to the lack of guidelines and resources available to help people understand how to do this. I knew I should probably make guidelines and such, but I didn't realize exactly how hard I have made things on people. As I said before, this is the first major group project I have ever done, so I didn't realize all the steps I'd have to take to make this work.
I am going to try and compile a ruff draft of some general guidelines and resources for new members to look at, and once I finished them, I will both post them here and update the first post so that people can see exactly how to contribute to the project.
Once again, I apologize for the lack of information on this project. This is information I should have provided from the get-go, but I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I started. It's OK though, we'll get this done. We're a team, after all. smile

TWITCH

2021-12-01 07:04:04

Hey all. Here's another long overdue update:
I'd like to ask all my folder members here if one of you might be able to take the position of team lead, pretty much until further notice? I've been super busy over the last few months since I last reported here, and my life obligations are only going to continue to increase as I go through college and enter university. Essentially, I need someone who can call the shots on what is the best way to proceed in a way that won't make this project continue on for an additional 5-6 years. It doesn't help that I have never organized a project of this scope before, and it shows itself in the time that's started since I announced this project.
I want to see this project succeed, and as it stands now, I don't think I'm a good enough leader to make it happen in a timely manner. I understand these things take time, but a lot of time has been spent on nothing because I haven't been able to form a solid blueprint. I've also been stressing over this for a while, because I keep thinking about it and what's happening with it while I'm not there.
Currently, nobody is working on the translation project. Partly because like myself, everyone else has life obligations they have to attend to. However, I believe the biggest reason no work is getting done is because most people don't know what to do, because I haven't done a good job of explaining what needs to be worked on. I've been saying "Just work on whatever and try not to work over others because that can cause file conflicts", but that's not good enough because most people are thinking "I don't really know where to even start, nor do I know when I should be doing things because I don't know if I'll be working over someone else and erasing someone elses hard work." That result of this is that I've been working on this alone most of the time, and because I've been working alone it makes me feel pressured to continue working on it every chance I get because if I don't it'll stagnate. I haven't found a good way to handle those feelings, so I basically just collapsed under the pressure.
I feel it would be best for everyone if someone with team-leading experience takes my place. I feel like a lot more will get done at that point, because I simply can't handle it now. I really don't want to see this fizzle out, but it will if I continue trying to spearhead it. I hope you all understand.

TWITCH

2021-12-01 07:12:22

Since everyone has gone silent,, I think I can manage for sometime. Let's discuss it further on Discord if you like?

2021-12-01 07:39:37

Sure, you can send me a message on Discord. It's a bit late and I'm a little tired, so I may have to get back to you tomorrow so I can think of some good questions to ask.

TWITCH