2021-04-18 01:09:54 (edited by Dark 2021-04-18 01:22:51)

Well its midnight on Saturday, on the 18th of April, and you all know what that means.
That's right, it means that Brokaragoth, the cosmic badger of everlasting eternal night, greatest of all of the large decrepit ones  shall be along to consume your souls, rend your minds with his mind rending terror, and plunge the world in an orgy of blood and bloodiness.

what you didn't know that? Come on! I thought that everyone knew that. I mean, its fairly obvious isn't it, after all if Brokaragoth, the cosmic badger of everlasting eternal night were not! coming to, well you know what he's coming for, he wouldn't have let us know in the ancient prophecy of the prophesied ancients, which I'm pretty sure everyone's read.

what! Nobody read the ancient prophecy of the prophesied ancients? Really.
Well that's very rude isn't it. I mean Brokaragoth, the cosmic badger of everlasting eternal night did leave an appointment, and honestly, if your going to end the world with unspeakable cosmic evil, its only polite to call in advance to check people aren't busy.

Okay, I'll go and tell him not this millennium?

Hello? I'd like to speak to Mr. the cosmic badger of everlasting eternal night please.
Yes I'll hold.

Hi.
oh yes, she's fine thank you.

Yeah, there's been a bit of a mix up, turns out nobody actually read the prophecy.

I know, its a pain. Nope, no apocalyptic cult of the unholy Wind in the willows, no thousands of worshippers sacrificing their dearest in an effort to earn your forbearance. Well yes, we did get the badger badger badger mushroom mushroom song, but no, its not a hymn to your dark splendour, its more sort of a silly youtube fad.

Okay then. Yeah, really sorry about this, I know you had everything planned, but we're just not ready for an apocalypse right now.

Okay, Yeah, I'm really sorry, Oh good, I'm glad there's another civilization ready.
Okay, hope it goes well, and we'll keep a look out in the post for the next ancient prophecy.

thanks. Yes, you have a nice unnumbered stretch of years beyond counting too.

Okay. Bye!

Well, that's sorted, though really, the poor infernal deity, people could have made an effort.
He was so polite too.

Ah, well. If people can't be bothered to prepare for a reasonable age of unholy slaughter, we'd better just have the usual site updates then I suppose.

Updates by dark:

Sonar islands, entry, description and links.
Fury driver 2, Original sin: Entry, description and links.

Added Starfires fantastic list of all 307 Manamon to pages for Manamon and Manamon 2.
S.E.A. Watercraft simulator: Entry, description and links.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-04-19 05:04:03 (edited by defender 2021-04-19 05:04:27)

Nice one man!  Thanks for the dedication!
You decide if I'm talking about the post or the database entries.

2021-04-19 06:13:39

Wooooh I am surprised to see a sudden rise in my User Karma. Anyway, thanks for these updates and your dedication Dark! Didn't checked the room yesterday.
I have to admit I like those hilarious introductions and wait to read more every Sunday or Monday, big_smile!
@defender, not sure. Will have to ask Brokaragoth smile!

2021-04-19 08:00:59

@Defender your welcome.

@Starfire, glad the user karma system is working correctly, I.e., do good stuff, get karma, big_smile.

I would talk to Brokaragoth, but last I heard he was spending some quality time with his girlfriend, Here's what she's been up to lately.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-04-19 09:06:51

Taken strait from the comments because I feel this is appropriate here.

Ace Moriarty wrote:

This is actually what the man is feeling in the original song. Dolly Parton is just begging this creature to give her back her lover, who has been added to the worshippers. Jolene humors the woman and goes to see her in the form of the redheaded and emerald eyed woman we hear of in the original.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2021-04-19 09:37:18

@Dan_Gero, wow it makes perfect sense, after all look at some of these lines from the original song:
He talks about you in his sleep
There's nothing I can do to keep
From crying when he calls your name, Jolene
And I can easily understand
How you could easily take my man.

The word "take", here is very ambiguous.

Or:
You could have your choice of men
But I could never love again

Clearly, Jolene's demonic power allows her to choose whatever worshippers she wants, while the luster of her dark soul withers all goodness in those who see her.

2021-04-19 18:30:46

Yes. I am no longer able to unsee this explanation. LOL.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER