2021-04-18 12:57:12

greetings!
hope all of you are safe and ok.
for the last couple of days, i've been feeling nostaljic after seeing a couple of interactive games, but sadly i am not able to play them.
the reason being, the IF interpreters addon for nvda has not been updated to conform to python 3 standards.
i hope whoever sees this, tells the developer to update the addon. i miss playing interactive fiction games.
thanks for your understanding and stay safe.

don't wish to become like the oceans, the flowers, or the sun. oceans will dry out, flowers will die, and the sun will be extinguished. be yourself and nothing and no one else and hope for a better tomorrow.

2021-04-18 14:23:42

try the yandex version
https://github.com/alekssamos/YandexTranslate

2021-04-18 18:55:37

@OP, Or (and this is a crazy idea), but why don't you just ask the developers yourself?
Depending on the format of the game, you could also try out Lectrote (an Electron-based interpreter).
@omer, What the hell are ya smokin'?

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2021-04-18 19:42:44

Well that addon does not run python games or games that are exicuted like this.
If thhese games are python compiled then its the devs of the games to contact.
If interpreters supports the following.
Inform z3 5 6 and 8.
inform 7, blb ulx, glx
inform zblorb.
magnetic scrolls.
level9.
adventure game toolkit, and agiliti, .d$$ .da** .agx.
Tads 2.gam html tads .gam and tads 3 .t3.
This is not a python script thingy, if this is in python well you are out of luck.
Its unlikely the addon will ever support this its for old interpreter games after all.

Its basically a bridge to the windows ports of stuff like this.
so wingit and glulxe.

Since python is a scripting language and if your game is in that as I understand that then you need to have contact with the dev of the game.

2021-04-19 00:11:28 (edited by Slender 2021-04-19 00:11:53)

That addon was updated some time ago. You can get it here.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2021-04-19 08:30:12

@Slender, I believe there was another If NVDA addon which was not updated for NVDA 18, its entirely possible Abdullah was using that one, though if I remember rightly that other addon didn't work as well as Nick Stocton's anyway.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-04-22 13:08:56

hello.
i downloaded the add-on, but windows frotz's output is not read automatically. anybody have any idea why?

don't wish to become like the oceans, the flowers, or the sun. oceans will dry out, flowers will die, and the sun will be extinguished. be yourself and nothing and no one else and hope for a better tomorrow.

2021-04-22 16:16:18

Perhaps you're trying to open games directly from File Explorer? This doesn't work due to a bug in Frotz, so you need to open it from the start menu or desktop and select games that way.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2021-04-22 20:38:19

i open the winfrotz first and then the game but it still doesn't work