2021-04-18 23:37:14

Hey guys.

i got two questions if You know the answer:

1.After i've made vmware workstation i was able to connect internet without any hassle, How did it happend without entering Wi-fi credentials?
2.Is it possible for me to set Keyboard language as Turkish?

2021-04-18 23:57:13 (edited by Chris 2021-04-19 00:02:40)

The virtual machine shares your Internet connection with the host system. By default, it uses NAT or Network Address translation to make it look like requests are coming from the IP address of your host system when the virtual machine accesses the Internet or other resources. This also protects the virtual machine from being accessed directly by other systems on your network. As far as I can tell, only the host can communicate directly with the VM when it's in NAT mode.
If you only want to access the Internet, you're fine and don't need to concern yourself with networking. However, if you want to access something running on the VM from another device on your network such as SSH, you'll want to set the network adapter to bridged mode in the settings.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2021-04-19 13:30:22 (edited by Turkce_Rap 2021-04-19 13:31:36)

@Chris
So does that mean it uses windows host machine's mac address right?

if so, should i bridge the network to use vm's mac address or using a linux based mac changer would do the trick?

2021-04-19 15:47:28

If you just install the virtual machines for playing with Linux, you don't need to change anything.

2021-04-20 13:35:54

I believe the virtual machine uses its own MAC address for the virtual network adapter. You don't need to change anything if all you want to do is access the Internet.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.